Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

How I've become a total procrastinator and thus am always being crushed by my workload.

Even when I shouldn't have much work.

So I procrastinate some more.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

It may sound good, sure. It may even feel good, for the person praying. But what's the connotations behind it? What's the implicit message in the phrase 'I will pray for you'?

Well, to an atheist such as me or you, we imagine "I will pray for you" meaning "I want to help you, but I don't actually want to do anything."

To a theist, "I will pray for you" means "I'll try and get the most powerful being in the universe to help you with your problems."

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It may sound good, sure. It may even feel good, for the person praying. But what's the connotations behind it? What's the implicit message in the phrase 'I will pray for you'?

Well, to an atheist such as me or you, we imagine "I will pray for you" meaning "I want to help you, but I don't actually want to do anything."

Which is the exact same message given by the people saying "I'll think of you", except they don't actually think it will help.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I hate how UPS shipping takes my package in a direction that would take longer for my package to arrive. I assume my package sits there until there are enough packages to justify filling up a truck and sending it in a general direction, but there's no reason why it shouldn't take less than a day for my package to go from Dallas to San Antonio. Thousands of people make that trip on any given day!

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I hate how UPS shipping takes my package in a direction that would take longer for my package to arrive. I assume my package sits there until there are enough packages to justify filling up a truck and sending it in a general direction, but there's no reason why it shouldn't take less than a day for my package to go from Dallas to San Antonio. Thousands of people make that trip on any given day!

That's exactly how it works (I work for a trucking company) :P

They generally try to economize by putting things together that are going to the same locale, although I admit that Dallas to San Antonio is probably, like you say, a pretty well traveled route..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

When you can't find the button to go to the next page on a tumblr thing. They personalize the layouts and some are just plain annoying. Though I known just add /page/2 on the end on the url.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

When you can't find the button to go to the next page on a tumblr thing. They personalize the layouts and some are just plain annoying. Though I known just add /page/2 on the end on the url.

Yeah, this gets annoying.

Also, when someone's infinite scroll takes forever to load.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Caption: I got something shipped to me with UPS and this is the route it took...

0fNA0.jpg

Da [bleep]? Dat efficiency.

Also, that was our crappy government USPS, not the UPS.

For a moment, I was inferring the UPS was possibly worse. The USPS would be infinitely better if they hired some common sense it seems.

I was supposed to go do stuff with my girlfriend at 3. It's going to be closer to 6 before she gets here. She said she had to go do something, so I assumed it was something important. She went to the [bleep]ing mall.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Sadly I'm used to it. I don't think she's ever been within 30 minutes of being on time for anything. At least not with me. And she still isn't here. Surprise surprise.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Something that annoys me when I'm at home: you have to plan meet-ups. At college, it was basically (via text):

Her: I'm bored.

Me: Me too. Wanna hang?

Her: Yaaa!

Me: Ok, I'll walk over.

>takes 2 minutes to walk over to her dorm<

>hang out, have fun, great afternoon<

At home, there a whole other level of complication because I have to make sure I have a car, that my parents won't need the car, that it's okay with her parents if I come over, that we have something planned, etc. Less spontaneous. :\ It sucks.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Dude, I have no drivers' license and I live way too far from anywhere.

I am annoyed when Duff posts on TIF without posting on the hawt Emma Watson thread :grin:

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc