Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

9/11, September 11, September 11th, etc. are dates. Not events. If you were talking to someone who didn't know about it, they would assume 9/11 just means September 11 and nothing else. Look at the Oklahoma bombings, Columbine, the Valentine's Day Massacre. No dates, just names.

To be fully honest, people make way too big of a deal about it. It was bound to happen, we had [developmentally delayed]ed airport security before then. Not even 3000 people died, while EVERY SINGLE DAY over 6500 people die in the United States alone. But you don't hear [cabbage] about them, it's all about the "heroes" that "died for our country". It's ridiculous.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Too big of a deal about it? It's the event that caused all this fear of terrorism in our country. It no doubt impacted us going to the Middle East.

We were attacked on our own soil, too. That's kinda a big deal for us.

Are you saying that (if this number from wiki.answers is correct) any global event that experiences fewer than 70k deaths shouldn't be a big deal, since about 70k people die in the world each day?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Too big of a deal about it? It's the event that caused all this fear of terrorism in our country. It no doubt impacted us going to the Middle East.

Right, I'm saying it should not have.

So? With such terrible security it was bound to happen.

9/11, September 11, September 11th, etc. are dates. Not events. If you were talking to someone who didn't know about it, they would assume 9/11 just means September 11 and nothing else. Look at the Oklahoma bombings, Columbine, the Valentine's Day Massacre. No dates, just names.

On the contrary, 13 year old /b/tards love reminding us about the 5th of November, presumably without knowing the history behind it outside of V for Vendetta :twss:

Other days have names. 9/11 doesn't. Most importantly, it was within our lifetimes, and it hasn't been resolved yet. We're still in the middle east, aren't we? It'd be like Americans in the mid 40s talking about Pearl Harbor.

Right, I'm saying it should not have.

It still doesn't mean it ought to happen, which is what you've implied. It's merely a name anyway, so I don't see much point in this little dispute.

To be fully honest, people make way too big of a deal about it. It was bound to happen, we had [developmentally delayed]ed airport security before then. Not even 3000 people died, while EVERY SINGLE DAY over 6500 people die in the United States alone. But you don't hear [cabbage] about them, it's all about the "heroes" that "died for our country". It's ridiculous.

While I agree that 9/11 is too ambiguous to endure years and years of future events, 3000 people dying at the snap of a finger due to one horrific, ill-minded, political-based cause is an entirely different circumstance than the accumulated 6500 people that die daily due to everyday reasons such as car accidents, medical problems, bad weather, animal attacks, etc.

Why is it such a problem that 9/11 is called 9/11?

Really, aren't there other things to be angry about rather than the name of a tragedy?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Really, aren't there other things to be angry about rather than the name of a tragedy?

You mean like...

-when someone comes in your room, leaves, but doesn't shut the door

-when someone slow walks in front of you

-[insert popular meme]

-when someone complains on Facebook

-when someone says "couldn't care less"

You think airport security has actually significantly improved since the attacks?

You mean like...

-when someone comes in your room, leaves, but doesn't shut the door

-when someone slow walks in front of you

-[insert popular meme]

-when someone complains on Facebook

-when someone says "couldn't care less"

Basically the entire topic in one post :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The fact that this new Bucky Larson movie seems to be putting all of its effort into being a classic.

And because of all that effort, people will hate it before it even comes out.

The fact that this new Bucky Larson movie seems to be putting all of its effort into being a classic.

I die a little inside when those commercials come on.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You think airport security has actually significantly improved since the attacks?

Yes. I'm not saying it's good or the right thing, but you can't carry boxcutters anymore. Or anything sharp and actually dangerous. Plus now they scan inside your clothes and scan for explosives and residue powder.

Yes. I'm not saying it's good or the right thing, but you can't carry boxcutters anymore. Or anything sharp and actually dangerous. Plus now they scan inside your clothes and scan for explosives and residue powder.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18775_5-popular-safety-measures-that-dont-make-you-any-safer.html

First one on the list.