Favorite alcoholic beverage?

stevepole

^^White Russian?

My drink is strictly Jack Daniel's. Sometimes it's with sour or coke. If I'm having beer it's Blue Moon. I've been getting into a nasty habit of buying expensive beer. Whoops.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus that looks like the worst white russian I've ever seen, if thats what it is.

My drink:

negroni.jpg

Negroni -- Equal parts gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari. Build in an ice filled rocks glass, garnish with a peel of orange or a thin slice of orange.

edit: green label, I can't afford blue.

I was gonna say...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Jesus that looks like the worst white russian I've ever seen, if thats what it is.

The thing with the white russian is that their recipes vary, unlike most other cocktails. Some prefer to have the cream floating on top (4 counts vodka, 2 counts coffee liqueur, garnished with cream), others prefer a lot more cream than a garnish (as seen above), and then others prefer it mixed.

To each his own :)

I used to drink a lot of straight whiskey, but had some bad experiences.

I don't really drink to get drunk anymore, but when I do drink, I'm a beer guy.

Heineken <3:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The thing with the white russian is that their recipes vary, unlike most other cocktails. Some prefer to have the cream floating on top (4 counts vodka, 2 counts coffee liqueur, garnished with cream), others prefer a lot more cream than a garnish (as seen above), and then others prefer it mixed.

To each his own :)

I agree. You can drink whatever you want to. But theres a limit to what you can call something "a ___"

The cocktail world is more like baking than cooking. With the world of hot food, you can pretty much call anything with a similar taste by the same name. I've had plenty of lasagna in my life...some has been swimming in sauce, some has been skimpy on the sauce, some has beef, some has pork, some has no meat.

But in baking...I'm sorry but if you make an eggy pancake, its a crepe. If you bake a heavy cake twice, its not still a cake, its a biscotti.

Same for the cocktail world. If you fill your "White Russian" with as much creme as spirit, then you arent making a White Russian. If someone likes their White Russians WITHOUT cream, we say its a black russian. If someone likes their white russians flooded with cream....well, I have absolutely no idea what you would call that, but it certainly would not be a white russian.

Oh god that tastes like absolute [cabbage]. I made the mistake of trying it once, and I had to pour a whole bunch of vodka and orange juice just so I wouldn't throw up.

Yes, Campari has a flavor that people do not taste very often: bitterness. We consume tons of things that are salty, sweet, sour, bland, dry, moist, savory...but most never eat "bitter" things. Once you expand your tastes and get your body aware of the fact that bitterness is okay, its really a great flavor to experience.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If marijuana was legal, or shrooms, I'd likely never drink to get drunk again.

Take it you've never had weed vodka. Friend made it for Saint Patty's this year. I didn't try it but it [bleep]ed everyone up.

Heineken <3:

You kind of seemed like a whiskey man.

tFtfA.jpg

Yes, Campari has a flavor that people do not taste very often: bitterness. We consume tons of things that are salty, sweet, sour, bland, dry, moist, savory...but most never eat "bitter" things. Once you expand your tastes and get your body aware of the fact that bitterness is okay, its really a great flavor to experience.

Yes, I know, I do like bitter things, but I guess Campari was a type of bitter I was not expecting Campari to be and... I was a bit surprised.

Neat whiskey = burning if you take it all at once. Add a little water, it's golden. :thumbup:

If marijuana was legal, or shrooms, I'd likely never drink to get drunk again.

Marihuana is comletely different than alcohol. I use both on seperate occasions (respectively chilling and partying). Using both at the same time is fun as well :thumbsup: .

@SerpentEye: Not a fan :mellow: .

tequila-sunrise-0907-lg.jpg

Tequila sunrise: tequila, orange juice and grenadine basically :mrgreen: .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

My contribution:

[hide]

Licor_43.jpg+Monin_Lime_Juice_Cordial_Mixer_6880.jpg

[/hide]

:thumbsup:

Or if you're just looking to get drunk:

Orujo is a liquor obtained from the distillation of the pomace (solid remains left after pressing) of the grape. It is a transparent spirit with an alcohol content over 50% (100° proof). Its name comes from the expression "aguardiente de orujo" (pomace eau-de-vie).

Shots of that ^ work wonders. :unsure:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give to you, the Mojito.

Rum, lime, mint, simple syrup, and club soda. BEST THING EVER.

I love the mojito, when made correctly...i.e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6yLD21_YQ

I've had a lot of bad mojitos though...usually the culprit is too much soda water. Makes the drink more like a rum-mint-lime collins or something.

Myweponsgood.gif

Heineken <3:

You kind of seemed like a whiskey man.

Well, I was, until two december 2007. It was just before Christmas, I drank a 26er to my face (I weighed no more than 165 at the time) and puked in my friends washing machine.

Needless to say I stopped drinking whiskey.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Mostly beer. Where I live you can start cheap, with the $1 cans of beer, if you just want to get drunk. Though, I generally drink most kinds of beer, I'm not really a bitter fan. Or fan of Australain beers.

I can't stand Bourbon and Coke, or even rum in coke, I much prefer Vodka.

But somethign that is AWESOME is Baileys. MMM sooo good.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Mostly beer. Where I live you can start cheap, with the $1 cans of beer, if you just want to get drunk. Though, I generally drink most kinds of beer, I'm not really a bitter fan. Or fan of Australian beers.

Some Australian beers are pure [cabbage], I agree, [VB and XXXX], some are excellent, [Tooheys, Coopers]. You can't generalize an entire nation like that !

Philistine, Rum and Coke is probably my favorite mixed drink.

Lagavulin 16y

The Hakushu

and btw nothing beats guinness :shame:

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Depending on the situation, at parties when Beer Pong is going on, Im a huge fan of Natty Light (Yea i know Im cheap), but if im just chillin around, or just drinking Im a fan of Redbull and vodka, and or Coke and captain morgan.

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.