04-Jun-2010 - Behind the Scenes � June

Beloved

I'm not sure what it means by a waypoint marker - can anyone care to explain?

It *probably* means you can click a location on the ingame map and probably some kind of guide arrow or pointer mark in the minimap will guide you to the selected location.

Lord_Beloved.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can finally get rid of the obscure twitter hints that almost no one guess correctly every week, along with injecting our personal hopes and dreams before they are dashed the next day. Unless it's blatantly obvious. :thumbsup:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

So they finally stop being [developmentally delayed]ed and bring back what everybody wanted, the BTS. However instead of bringing it out on a month filled with actual good updates, they bring it out on this month filled with crappy D&D content and a minigame quest. Jagex really needs to learn how to time things. Bring back the BTS when you've got some good content to talk about.

The BTS used to be amazing because every month was filled jam packed with amazing content and updates that made you want to play. Trust me, look back at all the BTS' and you understand what I'm saying.

Stellactic.gif

So they finally stop being [developmentally delayed]ed and bring back what everybody wanted, the BTS. However instead of bringing it out on a month filled with actual good updates, they bring it out on this month filled with crappy D&D content and a minigame quest. Jagex really needs to learn how to time things. Bring back the BTS when you've got some good content to talk about.

The BTS used to be amazing because every month was filled jam packed with amazing content and updates that made you want to play. Trust me, look back at all the BTS' and you understand what I'm saying.

well that's just blatantly not true. There's been plenty of BTS' with none to few exciting updates.

On another note: guess ill have to do my first game of PC soon :P

Lord_Beloved.png

Sad that batch 2 of dungeoneering doesn't come this month :(

i was gazing through it and didn't saw a hint of dungeonerring. bah, looks like my rs break is going to become a month longer.

Someone's being extremely delusional. I suggest you go through the older threads here a few hundred pages back and read them yourself.

Court case? Another [cabbage] to add to Runescape? Whata piece of [cabbage].

We already knew about this upcoming update a good few weeks back, and you still have to act all surprised and irritated?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

adding new functionality to the Orb of Oculus (machinima camera)

I wonder what that could be :twss:...I feel like a kid at Christmas. Now to see if my hopes will be cruelly dashed! Meh, I will probably still be happy nevertheless :P.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

I'm not sure what it means by a waypoint marker - can anyone care to explain?

If you are trying to get somewhere and you don't know how to, you place a waypoint marker on the game map and there will be an arrow guiding you to your destination. Kinda like GPS/Sat Nav. ;)

Phaper_Plane.png

In b4 level 91-97 high level req rage (because it seems to be referring to combat level lmao.)

Court cases are interesting and I hope this extends rewards of void stuff. Or makes getting points faster ;-; don't wanna get my void back... still...

91-97 requirement appears to be the SKILL requirements, ie you'll get a "drop" that requires 94 smithing to restore or whatever. I imagine by high combat they mean higher level monsters, unless it's dropped based on combat level but that makes little/no sense.

I hope so, although all 7 of my 99's are combat related, and the only non combat skill over 97 is FM...Still, I'd have motivation to use all those brawlers sitting in my bank.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

After 2008's Spirit of Summer and Summers End quests, and the Mysteries of the Mahjarrat quests in 2009, we decided to release another complete quest series this year.

Uh....Which quest concluded the Mahjarrat series? Keyword being concluded. :unsure:

Zepheras.png

-F1775

!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I LOVE BEHIND THE SCENES WONDERING WHATS NEXT WEEK AND GUESSING AND SEEING NO UPDATE IS SO ANNOYING!@@

no dungeoneering batch 2 this month but thats expected im betting on my midterms week next semester lol.....

StarViv.png

Someone's being extremely delusional. I suggest you go through the older threads here a few hundred pages back and read them yourself.

Court case? Another [cabbage] to add to Runescape? Whata piece of [cabbage].

We already knew about this upcoming update a good few weeks back, and you still have to act all surprised and irritated?

i'd have to agree with sir. yeah i know that making assumptions is even worse but solving a stupid court case cannot be all that worth mentioning. cmon. <_<

I sense alot of phoenix right references in our near future.

Also, BTS is back?

:twss: :twss: :twss:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

We can finally get rid of the obscure twitter hints that almost no one guess correctly every week, along with injecting our personal hopes and dreams before they are dashed the next day. Unless it's blatantly obvious. :thumbsup:

Idk about you but I have a friend that has yet to get one wrong.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

WOOT BTS IS BACK!!!

EDIT: I'm a bit cautious about the set of updates at the moment. The court cases sound potentially great, but only potentially. I'm most excited about the quest about the Void Knights, though.

I sense alot of phoenix right references in our near future.

Oh, it's compulsory.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I really hate to be a MHL but this month really seems lacking. I have never liked the idea of the court cases because it really does not seem to 'fit' Runescape. Given that the cases are to be structured like modern cases of evidence, prosecutors, defenses... how is that fantasy? Then the rewards. Costume rewards seem fitting but as these are dependant on rare drops, it seems like another Royal set that serves no purpose except to cost money. a status symbol if you will. I however see this as plausible for the content and will probably be a good addition. The combat experience makes no sense. I mean I understand that prosecuting would be 'attacking' the defendant and the defense would be, well, defense but it seems that the whole thing focus more on logic which to me would better fit magic. I don't know... just not up my ally.

The effigies seem promising but at the same time seem like a small focus of content. I do not mean that to show that 'a small number of people are high level blah blah blah' but in that it seems like once again we are going to get the chance to get rare drops for bonus experience. Screw experience, give me something worth doing. All skills are easy to do given time so make that time better, do not just speed it up /soapbox.

The quest is promising but how is 3 quests and an activity out doing 3 quests and an activity? (summer quest series + Corporeal Best) :P Besides, I love quests.

So in my opinion this month is lack-luster at best. I am glad to see the return of BTS but am not excited about any of the content. I am sure that the promised activity will one day make me eat my words (as the Corp Beast is amazing fun) but right now, Meh!

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I'm voting BTS is back as best update of the month.

Finally maybe for once we won't be AS cynical with every update they make as we have been since BTS was removed. Either way, I'm glad they came to their senses. :thumbsup:

I'm voting BTS is back as best update of the month.

Finally maybe for once we won't be AS cynical with every update they make as we have been since BTS was removed. Either way, I'm glad they came to their senses. :thumbsup:

Yeah the best thing about bts was that you would always have *something* to look forward to, so you'd "forgive" the 2 or 3 lesser updates.

Lord_Beloved.png