10-June-2010 - Players' Gallery Returns

Mirror

Welcome to the latest Players Gallery. Its been a while since the last one, but were back in force and ready to bring the latest and greatest artistic talent to you every month! This month, we have a haunting rendition of the Corporeal Beast, an image of an 'amusing fishing accident', some mean and moody warriors, and a relaxing vista.

Were also pleased to announce our first ever featured artist of the month, this time going to a fantastically detailed scene of PvP carnage between a dragon-gear-sporting warrior and a menacing godsword wielder. Congratulations go to the artist, Tripsis, for their Player Killing image enjoy a month of RuneScape membership on us. Well done to you and keep up the great work!

If youre looking to get your high-quality artistic skills noticed, the Players Gallery is always on the lookout for your submissions. If youve got something you want to send us, please follow the submission guide on the main gallery page, and well get right on with reviewing your works of creative genius!

In addition, we want to know what you think of the gallery, and would like to hear your ideas on how we can improve it in terms of monthly themes and prizes. Basically, we want to give it an overhaul, and for that, we need you. After all, it is a product of the community! So, if you want to discuss the gallery, head over to The Gallery Feedback & Ideas thread.

Until next month: get creative and good luck!

Mod Emilee & Mod Howes

Community Management

Players' Gallery

Personal congrats to our very own admin, Tripsis, for being the featured artist of the month! :D

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

The guy soloing corp has a Dragon Square. Just no...

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Haha I love the Players' Gallery! Does anyone have the link to the thread with all of the pictures from previous years compiled? If not that, then specifically the picture of a players fighting a dragon, with one of the certer brothers bugging him? Appreciate it!

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Congrats to Tripsis for getting her artwork in the gallery, though I prefer the other artist's dragon armour work. Tripsis'dragon warrior looks a little more like a ninja in red than a dragon knight. :unsure: Probably the result of trying to emulate the in-game dragon armour design, which isn't to my liking as well.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I think Tripsis uses her own creative liberty and just uses Runescape as a base for her work - i think the picture shown was only loosely based on the game.

Great work all round though, nice to see comic strips in their too (less conventional i guess)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

The guy soloing corp has a Dragon Square. Just no...

I would not be surprised if woox could do it...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

No PBFTH with the gallery? That's rubbish.

That's what I thought too. Guess they're separating it to give it more attention. To be fair, with all that talent gathered in this new Gallery, it's deserved. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Awesome, I always liked these things. It would be great if they also restored the Postbag to its former glory.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Even though you mowed down my signature in cold blood just yesterday...congratulations Tripsis! :thumbsup:

I like the recent string of competitions that Jagex is releasing, an adversary system is always the best system.

(except when it's not)

EDIT: Bwahaha the guy killing corp looks like he's using d square and long.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

FTW Tripsis. I've seen some of her artwork. Good Job!

I always enjoy these galleries. I have one of them as my PC background.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Haha I love the Players' Gallery! Does anyone have the link to the thread with all of the pictures from previous years compiled? If not that, then specifically the picture of a players fighting a dragon, with one of the certer brothers bugging him? Appreciate it!

For the Love of Guthix!!!

Yeah, I still chuckle at that one.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Been awhile since they had one of there.

I like the caster, the others don't float my boat.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'm really starting to appreciate some of Jagex's decisions lately. Bringing back the BTS and Players Gallery are great, and give Runescape that sense of sincerity that we used to feel playing it several years ago. Really feels like Jagex is finally aiming some updates at the people who have stuck by them.

patr1ckotg1.png