Chaotic Kiteshield > Divine Spirit Shield?

Blutters

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you decide to stack steel titan with divine too? Can't add in a factor for one shield without factoring in the other and calling one better based on those results. Divine is always going to be better, sorry.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

What if you decide to stack steel titan with divine too? Can't add in a factor for one shield without factoring in the other and calling one better based on those results. Divine is always going to be better, sorry.

Err, I did? :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

Nope. Divine is still better. The CKS only negates hits over 200, while the DSS negates damage from ALL hits. Also, a +3 prayer bonus is pretty substantial. Moreover, in any boss-killing situation other than TDs with overloads, you're much better off using a Yak or a Pony.

td2sig.jpg

why would steel titan make the slightest bit of differance in which is better? makes no sence to add 15% to each of those setups and proove absoluetely nothing

its common knowledge to anyone who looks at the kb that chaotic has better def

however also since msot people know 30%> up to 10 or 20% then the effect of divine is 2x as good so its way better

a_final_name.png

First you'll be using steel titan VERY rarely, and even then it's alot worse. the reduced damage is 30% vs ~8%(between all combat styles, 200 dps min).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Was there any update to chaotic shields, or did you leaveoff the bit about hits over 200?

In either case, divine is still better simply because 10-30% more blocked(depending on the style) will have a significantly larger effect than 20ish extra melee/range defense or LESS magic defense.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Didn't somone investigate the shields and found out that it absorbs UP TO 10% melee and 20% range?

Divine is still better because it's always removes 30% damage.

Correct, its UP TO 10% and UP TO 20%, not always the maximum.

Chaotic Kite-shield in some circumstances is better than an Elysian, but Divine trumps all the shields in any situation.

Didn't somone investigate the shields and found out that it absorbs UP TO 10% melee and 20% range?

Yep that UP TO is the big reason divine wins pretty much everywhere.

Hameigh.png

Oh, thought you didn't factor it in for the divine. My bad. Anyways, it's been proven before that divine is better; why would adding the same factor to both sides of the equations do anything to boost one side and not the other?

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Oh, thought you didn't factor it in for the divine. My bad. Anyways, it's been proven before that divine is better; why would adding the same factor to both sides of the equations do anything to boost one side and not the other?

15% of 50 is 7,5, 15% of 100 is 15. simple maths, still you'd need to have around 200 more def for it to be a contributing factor.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Wait, WHAT?! So it's not even guaranteed to reduce 20%, even in the right circumstances?!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

If you be meleeing then dragonfire and +8 str is better than 0 str another 20 def on choatic and pittly amount of damage reduction.

I won't talk to divine.

Its gaudy and semi-useless in my opinion.

If you want high priced junk get spiritual or arcane.

They serve more of a purpose.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Wait, WHAT?! So it's not even guaranteed to reduce 20%, even in the right circumstances?!

Correct, I think somone noted that it's usually around 8% reduction on range damage or something like that.

If you be meleeing then dragonfire and +8 str is better than 0 str another 20 def on choatic and pittly amount of damage reduction.

I won't talk to divine.

You never cease to make me laugh. Say something about summoning next.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I won't talk to divine.

It sucks ass.

You satisfied?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Jagex: Here are new overpowered weapons and some shields that reduce up to 20% damage to compensate for said weapons.

Bruno: UP TO? Not even a guaranteed damage drain?? While the weapons have a guaranteed damage bonus over the old weapons?

Jagex: Oh well, I agree that's not really fair. Please point me to the nearest [bleep] so that I may suck it.

Most bosses Yak/pwny is better then Steel titan. Not to mention, where would you use that type of gear? No boss really needs that defense ATM.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I won't talk to divine.

It sucks ass.

You satisfied?

I lol'd. Thank you. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Okay.

How much more raw Defensive bonus do you need to compensate for 30% damage reduction?

When I made this thread, I was assuming it was ALWAYS 10%, meaning that the Divine would really only give 20% damage reduction over it. That quote was not altered at all; right there, it says nothing about "over 200" in the same line, but, rather, it is mentioned slightly below that...

It does in fact very clearly say "all" "damage above 200" in the KB; there is no mention of the percentage being somewhere in between 0% and 10%. I'm not disputing what some of you have said, rather, saying that perhaps my core source was incorrect.

This set up is purely for maximum Defense with the exclusion of PvP equipment.

The Steel Titan contributes a PERCENTAGE boost, which means that the gained effect should be higher as your raw Defense bonuses rise. Obviously, the additional initial defensive superiorities were not high enough to make a great enough difference, although I must ask what +30 slash Defense is worth...

2dgucz6.png

+30 slash defense (and stab and crush, I don't know why we ignore them since they are both very viable options nowadays) is very significant. I actually can't believe I forgot about the Steel Titan and Iron Titans effects. So that makes Chaotic Kiteshield have even more blocking power. :shock:

Most bosses Yak/pwny is better then Steel titan. Not to mention, where would you use that type of gear? No boss really needs that defense ATM.

They don't, but titan is essential for crashing, especially to prevent people from leeching off you.