Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

looks like you finaly got rapier, now go powerslay 99 def with it

well the fact that you say cls is a complete waste made me think.....not entirely, because cls is better at 1 thing and 1 thing only, thats wyverns

however as proven today by zarfat himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDfsBcojIQ&feature=sub

so it looks like cls is truely useless.

the previous 2 scenarios that i would maybe have given to cls was bandos and wyvern tasks, but now i must agree it has no use

To the select few people who actually play lots of castle wars. CLS works with the profound armor, but the Maul does not. It maxes at about the same as the maul because of this. For meleeing, I believe CLS is best at castle wars. Really only a very select scenario tho.

Swh is the best weapon at Castlewars.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is. See what I just did?

In terms of DPS, of course it's not the greatest weapon there. But the KO potential is huge, with Profound and C'wars Bracelet. I think it could easily hit 60+ on Prot Melee.

In terms of DPS, of course it's not the greatest weapon there. But the KO potential is huge, with Profound and C'wars Bracelet. I think it could easily hit 60+ on Prot Melee.

You know swh has lower strength bonus and is slower than the cls, right? And if you are referring to the special attack, VLS would be much, much better.

Rapier is best with profound as people don't usually wear full barrows armor.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You know swh has lower strength bonus and is slower than the cls, right? And if you are referring to the special attack, VLS would be much, much better.

I thought the special attack on Swh was 30% more damage, whilst the VLS was 25% more damage? I dunno =/. I do remember maxing far higher with AGS than VLS in PvP though

I thought the special attack on Swh was 30% more damage, whilst the VLS was 25% more damage? I dunno =/. I do remember maxing far higher with AGS than VLS in PvP though

25% swh, 20% VLS, VLS is faster and special costs less(25% vs. 35%). Really, a little research never hurts before going out of your way defending a weapon. VLS special is also EXTREMELY accurate.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

25% swh, 20% VLS, VLS is faster and special costs less(25% vs. 35%). Really, a little research never hurts before going out of your way defending a weapon. VLS special is also EXTREMELY accurate.

It was barely an argument. I based it on experience of the weapons, not looking up the stats of it. I know how accurate a VLS can be.

well the fact that you say cls is a complete waste made me think.....not entirely, because cls is better at 1 thing and 1 thing only, thats wyverns

the previous 2 scenarios that i would maybe have given to cls was bandos and wyvern tasks, but now i must agree it has no use

CR only wins @ high def bosses with defender. Without a defender, and maxing out your offense, CLS is still better. EG, with ardy cape 3 and defender, CR>CLS @ bandos. However, divine+CLS>divine+CR.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

CR only wins @ high def bosses with defender. Without a defender, and maxing out your offense, CLS is still better. EG, with ardy cape 3 and defender, CR>CLS @ bandos. However, divine+CLS>divine+CR.

name 1 high def boss where you woudlnt use a defender?

faster kills = more kills per hour = more money, if you can last 1h with defender and get 30 kills/h, but you can last 2h with a divine and kill 25/h, then defender is better

also if you use a divine at a boss like bandos ull get crashed pretty bad

in my eyes divine is totaly useless, defender is better in any scenario

a_final_name.png

name 1 high def boss where you woudlnt use a defender?

faster kills = more kills per hour = more money, if you can last 1h with defender and get 30 kills/h, but you can last 2h with a divine and kill 25/h, then defender is better

also if you use a divine at a boss like bandos ull get crashed pretty bad

in my eyes divine is totaly useless, defender is better in any scenario

agreed

you should only use a defener at most if not all bosses. plus its all about the dps. if your looking for dph at masses or something use a maul.

again cls has no use. if you buy a cls that is clearly a waste of tokens

Most bosses I solo I'll use divine over defender ^.^.

Not to mention I prefer pking with CLS over CR, and TDS CLS is comparable, if not better then CR, even with defender.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Most bosses I solo I'll use divine over defender ^.^.

Not to mention I prefer pking with CLS over CR, and TDS CLS is comparable, if not better then CR, even with defender.

Currently, there is no reason to use divine compared to defender anywhere besides dks (which rapier is better for anyway). The faster kills with defender more than makes up for the longer and more boring trips with divine.

don't forget lower chance of ko'ing with divine, that's a plus

at td's with steel titan i use it so i don't have to brew as often; i get more kills per hour (as well as longer trips) with divine instead of defender

This. I prefer the security, especially since I often don't have time for 2 trips.

Stonewall337.png

I would prefer using a shield (divine or otherwise) simply because I like killing the boss more than I like getting the KC. The same applies for non-GWD bosses: I prefer longer trips and less banking. Of course, bringing both a rune defender AND a normal shield would be the best route (assuming you're getting KC or expecting to be crashed, that is).

Whenever I tried boss hunting as a ~120, I hated all of the preparation required for just five minutes of actual boss-time (talking about Bandos GWD, specifically).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I just got a rapier, and it's absolute ownage on everything I've used it on so far (irons, nechs, TDs, DKs, Zammy). I'll try it out on higher defense bosses later but so far I regret nothing.

Big mistake. :( What about Gremmy's attraction tests and Cheeesy's DSP calculations?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Again, another iteration of "personal opinion = fact"

Most of the conclusions are highly dependent on personal preferences. There's gonna be "one right answer" for each specific situation but that answer depends on so many variables out of our control that it's more or less pointless to try to do all of that research to find it out.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Again, another iteration of "personal opinion = fact"

Most of the conclusions are highly dependent on personal preferences. There's gonna be "one right answer" for each specific situation but that answer depends on so many variables out of our control that it's more or less pointless to try to do all of that research to find it out.

A statement this thread has been proving for the past 4 pages

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I just got a rapier, and it's absolute ownage on everything I've used it on so far (irons, nechs, TDs, DKs, Zammy). I'll try it out on higher defense bosses later but so far I regret nothing.

Big mistake. :( What about Gremmy's attraction tests and Cheeesy's DSP calculations?

I just re-looked at those. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... you don't fool me twice. I'll be sure to get the Far-Seer kite next.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I may be wrong, but as i understand it a new dwarf quest and hopefully the dragon defender is coming out early 2011ish, and with an even bigger boost to accuracy wouldent this make the rapier more superior to cls @ solo bandos? There is a stab accuracy difference of +7 between adamant and rune defender, seeing how rune equipment requires lv40 and dragon lv60, im guessing the difference between rune/dragon defenders are going to be around 14, and a boost this great would benefit a rapier more over a cls more because of its -30ish accuracy to the cls, right?

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

I may be wrong, but as i understand it a new dwarf quest and hopefully the dragon defender is coming out early 2011ish, and with an even bigger boost to accuracy wouldent this make the rapier more superior to cls @ solo bandos? There is a stab accuracy difference of +7 between adamant and rune defender, seeing how rune equipment requires lv40 and dragon lv60, im guessing the difference between rune/dragon defenders are going to be around 14, and a boost this great would benefit a rapier more over a cls more because of its -30ish accuracy to the cls, right?

The flipside is that bosses with even higher defence will be created, giving the CLS the edge.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I think grimy said that as long as a monster has infinite slash and stab defense, rapier beats longsword with max accuracy/str gear.

Exactly, the 2 reasons I got CLS 2nd instead of maul was because I have divine. I'll be getting CM next. CLS+defender<CR+defender @ bandos, but you lose shield, and CLS+shield>CR+shield @ bandos.

Stonewall337.png

That may be true, but untill we know the best tactics on that particular boss, your statement is obsolite. This boss could need spears to be killed like corp, or perhaps its only vularable to ranged or magic. The same can be said about the dragon defender and how we dont know its actuall stats yet, but we do know the bosses we will be using it against if its anything like my prediction.

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

[/hide]

That was ment to be directed at mr.monopoly, im on my ipod and cannot quote properly.

Achievements:

[/hide]