Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

"3300 seconds" and "around 3300 seconds" are notably different phrases.

I think you need to learn to read, its making you look bad.

You don't say?

Glad you figured out what around means.

Now here is a question for you which is more approximate "around 3300 seconds" or "around 55 minutes"?

I'll give you a hint, if your the poster boy for telling other people what to do make sure to use around 3300 seconds when you make up BS to support your argument.

Why? Because it sounds more exact.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Science tends to be exact in terminology.

Pedantics is part of the game.

Nonetheless, lets just skip to the crux.

I offer a theory and experimental observations.

Impressionist gives us loads of equations that seem overly complex but don't necessarily contradict mine.

So what does xtroll give us?

A load of bs based on the testimonial of "top slayers".

Who are those "top slayers"?

Well him of course silly.

Maybe he asked one of his friends too, lets hope.

Afterall, the advice of two know-it-alls has to be better than one. :lol:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It could be linked to monster attack speed if each attack degrades it or advances the degradation timer.

On another note, when Dunge 9,001.7 comes out later this year, any speculation on more chaotic weapons/whether or not we'll need a new topic for this?

It could be linked to monster attack speed if each attack degrades it or advances the degradation timer.

On another note, when Dunge 9,001.7 comes out later this year, any speculation on more chaotic weapons/whether or not we'll need a new topic for this?

We don't need any more chaotic weapons, especially melee weapons. what we desperately need is defense.

ANYWAY OT i was thinking that chaotic kiteshield might be better than or as good as ely for a ranger versus ranger battle. thoughts? CKS is +30 points over ely, which is anywhere from 5-10% damage reduction. Plus probably about 5% damage soak.

likewise, eagle eye kite / spec might be better than ely for ranger vs mage... 30 mage defense points is a LOT.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Any competent slayer would click a new monster as soon as his target dies, and collect the loot later while in combat. This can be done without losing an attack cycle if the spawns are close enough to each other. You can be in combat 90%+ of the time on most tasks.

I had to lol a bit at your 40% figure. What's even more amusing is that you always run out of arguments to support your claims and then resort to trolling.

Impressionist gives us loads of equations that seem overly complex but don't necessarily contradict mine.

I'm one of those top slayers. I don't wait for the monster to die, thats just a waste. I collect loot later, when I'm running back to that spawn.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm one of those top slayers. I don't wait for the monster to die, thats just a waste. I collect loot later, when I'm running back to that spawn.

:thumbup:

I still pick up coins from things like gargoyles and greaters, and I still never miss an attack cycle (unless there's too many people there)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I am a top player. Every time I kill a monster, I wait until the animation ends and check the death pile for good drops. (no not really)

Good luck finding something else that does that.

"3300 seconds" and "around 3300 seconds" are notably different phrases.

I think you need to learn to read, its making you look bad.

You don't say?

Glad you figured out what around means.

Now here is a question for you which is more approximate "around 3300 seconds" or "around 55 minutes"?

I'll give you a hint, if your the poster boy for telling other people what to do make sure to use around 3300 seconds when you make up BS to support your argument.

Why? Because it sounds more exact.

Better question, why make a fuss about 3301 seconds compared to 3300 seconds when the person who made the statement was blatently clear that he was making an approximation?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I am a top player. Every time I kill a monster, I wait until the animation ends and check the death pile for good drops. (no not really)

Sometimes I actually do that....

Really as I slowly work to 85 dung and my first chaotic i'm wondering if i should get a crapier or a ccrossbow. I would most likley use the cbow for arma or the crapier for slayer. I'm leaning to the rapier even though i don't have 80 attack yet. Any advice?

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

Really as I slowly work to 85 dung and my first chaotic i'm wondering if i should get a crapier or a ccrossbow. I would most likley use the cbow for arma or the crapier for slayer. I'm leaning to the rapier even though i don't have 80 attack yet. Any advice?

Rapier, mainly because it has a lot more uses and is harder to lose. Cbow has a really low protect value.

Anyway, I'm on my 4th chaotic and I'm still trying to decide between:

CSTAFF

CLS

FKS

CKS

Suggestions? I'll most likely get staff. I already have rapier/maul/cbow

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Impressionist offers a theory, backed up with evidence and logic.

You try to improve upon a better theory with mere squabbles- no experimental information nor logic.

You try to convince us that it's normal to train with no real effort at all.

I offer experimental evidence of your theory being incorrect.

I offer realistic and tested information of how most successful/experienced players perform.

What does Clownellius do?

Get pedantic over which dimensions i choose to represent my data in.

Get pedantic over my terminology of 'top slayers'.

This is a discussion board. As far as i have seen in a number of clownies latest posts, he never even bothers to discuss anything, never offering a single argument(the bare minimum for any discussion). If this isn't love, i have no idea what it's supposed to be...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Rapier, mainly because it has a lot more uses and is harder to lose. Cbow has a really low protect value.

CSTAFF

CLS

FKS

CKS

Staff or the shields. CLS has no use whatsoever.

CSTAFF

CLS

FKS

CKS

Well as new dungeoneering rewards are going to come out soon with the final floors, i think you should hold on to your tokens if you have enough for a chaotic

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

CSTAFF

CLS

FKS

CKS

Well as new dungeoneering rewards are going to come out soon with the final floors, i think you should hold on to your tokens if you have enough for a chaotic

no need to hold them now, not the best rewards :/

anyway, i dont boss hunt. at least not yet.

should i sell my whip and get the rapiure or get the long (and maybe sell my whip)?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Rapier, but keep a whip around too I would say. You never know when you are gonna get 6-manned by revs out on a wild clue, and have to slash through that web again.

You do know that a Chaotic Rapier has a slash style, right?

He's tellin' the truth! He's not trolling, I promise.

Sumondskull6.png

Rapier, but keep a whip around too I would say. You never know when you are gonna get 6-manned by revs out on a wild clue, and have to slash through that web again.

Yes I know, and if you get 6-manned on a clue by revs, you won't have the rapier to get back there. Rapier protects over virtually nothing. :(

pere_grin.png

Yes I know, and if you get 6-manned on a clue by revs, you won't have the rapier to get back there. Rapier protects over virtually nothing. :(

Whatever, just go back to your grave and pick it up again, right?

Whatever, just go back to your grave and pick it up again, right?

Except when your internet/computer dies and then you have no way of getting it back without calling a IRL friend to bless for you.

People underestimate risk

sigcopyaf.png

Protects over more then whip.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Protects over more then whip.

Does it? I thought chaotic stuff was like 50k-60k protect. And whip is like 72k. W/e, I died once to a surprise rev attack in like 54 wild at the clue spot by the 3 mini volcanos. I still had a whip in my bank, so I was able to slash that web from the Ardy tele lever. Regardless of whether chaotic protects over whip, if you die with a chaotic in your hand, and a whip in your bank, you still have a whip when you respawn. And if you forget to take your fury off or something, you probably have a chaotic weapon sitting 1 web slash away in your grave.

Besides, whip is usuful even after chaotic weapons. For spirit mage tasks, you still 2-3 hit the mages with a whip or a chaotic rapier. No point in wasting rapier charge on them when it will only save you maybe 2 minutes of combat time per task.

@posters above me

You need to slash a web with something. There is lots of stuff that you can slash webs with, but for a rushed hunt through your bank, a whip is probably one of the first things you will think of.

This special case applies only when you die in deep wildy, but it is how I nearly lost my chaotic. I was on college net, which is notoriously laggy. I couldn't eat fast enough, and I was at half health before i realize it, because of lag. I grabbed a whip and junk armor and made it back to my grave with like 1:45 left. Didn't bother to think about the web, but I realized when I got out there that if I hadn't brought a whip, I would not have brought any weapon, and would have had to turn around and try to get something to slash the web.

When you use that lever to tele out of the wild, you don't land in edgeville either, you land in Ardy, which is pretty far away from a bank.

pere_grin.png