Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

They have more protect then a whip. I just checked.

Not to mention CR has slash ^.^

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I've been told various times that Mage Damage boosts only work on one monster for multi damage spells. How true is that? Kind of relevant to the Chaotic Staff, seeing that the 5% could either be AWESOME or crap

Boosts from equipment only affect 1 target

Boosts from increased magic level affect all targets

After some basic testing I found that (heuristically) CStaff isn't substantially better than SOL. Still, not a bad 4th-5th option and I think it's better than the shields, provided that arc/spec/dfs aren't expensive for your budget.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I've been told various times that Mage Damage boosts only work on one monster for multi damage spells. How true is that? Kind of relevant to the Chaotic Staff, seeing that the 5% could either be AWESOME or crap

Does that mean I could overload when bursting/barraging and hit 21% higher? Good.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Does that mean I could overload when bursting/barraging and hit 21% higher? Good.

More cost efficient would be to use wolpertinger scrolls

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

[hide]

Protects over more then whip.

Does it? I thought chaotic stuff was like 50k-60k protect. And whip is like 72k. W/e, I died once to a surprise rev attack in like 54 wild at the clue spot by the 3 mini volcanos. I still had a whip in my bank, so I was able to slash that web from the Ardy tele lever. Regardless of whether chaotic protects over whip, if you die with a chaotic in your hand, and a whip in your bank, you still have a whip when you respawn. And if you forget to take your fury off or something, you probably have a chaotic weapon sitting 1 web slash away in your grave.

Besides, whip is usuful even after chaotic weapons. For spirit mage tasks, you still 2-3 hit the mages with a whip or a chaotic rapier. No point in wasting rapier charge on them when it will only save you maybe 2 minutes of combat time per task.

@posters above me

You need to slash a web with something. There is lots of stuff that you can slash webs with, but for a rushed hunt through your bank, a whip is probably one of the first things you will think of.

This special case applies only when you die in deep wildy, but it is how I nearly lost my chaotic. I was on college net, which is notoriously laggy. I couldn't eat fast enough, and I was at half health before i realize it, because of lag. I grabbed a whip and junk armor and made it back to my grave with like 1:45 left. Didn't bother to think about the web, but I realized when I got out there that if I hadn't brought a whip, I would not have brought any weapon, and would have had to turn around and try to get something to slash the web.

When you use that lever to tele out of the wild, you don't land in edgeville either, you land in Ardy, which is pretty far away from a bank.

[/hide]

For the 3 volcanoes clue, I bring my clue, a knife, and a spade. After I dig it up, I suicide to the fire giants under the staircase. It's practically risk-free.

After some basic testing I found that (heuristically) CStaff isn't substantially better than SOL. Still, not a bad 4th-5th option and I think it's better than the shields, provided that arc/spec/dfs aren't expensive for your budget.

I don't see what's so bad even if it only affects 1 target. Is it because you want them to die at once, you know its impossible, they almost all died at different times.

Using a cstaff would obviously be better than a SOL.

Staurolite.png

That's a pretty big increase in costs, though. You're not only forfeiting the rune saving ability of the SoL, but you're also paying for recharges. If you burst or barrage, it will degrade 8-9x faster than normal (if my understanding is correct, probably isn't right, but the point is, it will degrade faster).

That's a pretty big increase in costs, though. You're not only forfeiting the rune saving ability of the SoL, but you're also paying for recharges. If you burst or barrage, it will degrade 8-9x faster than normal (if my understanding is correct, probably isn't right, but the point is, it will degrade faster).

Sometimes it seems C weapons degrade faster when you are beeing atked by multiple monsters, i dont know for sure.

There is a difference between attacking several targets at once, and beeing targeted by several opponents at once (i think)

your other point: Definetly!

Sol's runesaving and no degrading makes it the obvious choice for PvM in my opinion

CStaff is primarily a PvP weapon, with only slightly better stats than Sol - but definetly worth it if you do High level safe PvP like i do (and The Ancient does aswell, i think..)

I got my Chaotics: Maul, rapier, cbow, staff in that order - and is very happy aout every single 1 of them

Boeg.png

Sometimes it seems C weapons degrade faster when you are beeing atked by multiple monsters, i dont know for sure.

There is a difference between attacking several targets at once, and beeing targeted by several opponents at once (i think)

your other point: Definetly!

Sol's runesaving and no degrading makes it the obvious choice for PvM in my opinion

CStaff is primarily a PvP weapon, with only slightly better stats than Sol - but definetly worth it if you do High level safe PvP like i do (and The Ancient does aswell, i think..)

I got my Chaotics: Maul, rapier, cbow, staff in that order - and is very happy aout every single 1 of them

Yeah, I'll still be using SOL for rex. not worth the risk to bring cstaff.

sigcopyaf.png

I am, on the other hand, very happy with my C staff in Clan Wars :thumbsup:

Nothing like hitting a ~500 (an dare i say it...2 times in a row!)

Boeg.png

My point was if you die and lose your rapier you need something else in your bank to slash that web. Keeping a whip in my bank saved mine, because otherwise I would have forgotten about that web.

If you die and lose your rapier on a wild clue, you obviously won't have that rapier to slash a web. Having a slash weapon stuck in your gravestone does zero good. Therefore, it would be worth it to keep a whip in your bank. It saved me from having to get another 200k tokens. So as far as I am concerned, having a whip around for that purpose was totally worth it.

pere_grin.png

My point was if you die and lose your rapier you need something else in your bank to slash that web. Keeping a whip in my bank saved mine, because otherwise I would have forgotten about that web.

If you die and lose your rapier on a wild clue, you obviously won't have that rapier to slash a web. Having a slash weapon stuck in your gravestone does zero good. Therefore, it would be worth it to keep a whip in your bank. It saved me from having to get another 200k tokens. So as far as I am concerned, having a whip around for that purpose was totally worth it.

uhm...knives, dds, claws?

ZMFg2.jpg

he sayd that without the whip, he would of fogot the web was there at all (or something like that)

anyway, as for the question in the first place... who the &%$# would use a chaotic rapiure in the wild for clues? i can kill any of them in a few seconds with dd's let alone a whip.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

[hide]

[/hide]

he sayd that without the whip, he would of fogot the web was there at all (or something like that)

anyway, as for the question in the first place... who the &%$# would use a chaotic rapiure in the wild for clues? i can kill any of them in a few seconds with dd's let alone a whip.

I was just running around in my slayer gear, trying to knock the clue out fast between tasks. Also, I was in single combat, at the 3 mini volcanos. The rev's however were in multicombat next to the agility course. When rev's are in multi, and you are in single, the rev's can multi you. I wasn't expecting it, and there were 4-6 of them, mainly knights. I don't bring chaotic into the wild anymore, needless to say.

pere_grin.png

i use rapier for clues. it's not risked, so no worries. i like to kill the revenants that attack me (i use less food soulsplitting them and killing them than praying ranged and running away) and rapier + claws works very well.

I wear karil, and whip revs, Turmoil and SS, I combo them. It's one of my favorite things about doing clues. A Good hard clue just isn't complete without killing a rev or two.

This. Rev hunting is great. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What's interesting here is how the [bleep] you die to a revenant even with a bad internet?

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

What's interesting here is how the [bleep] you die to a revenant even with a bad internet?

Easy. 6 revs, instead of 1.

On Topic: There's a lack of discussion on the Chaotic Maul. How many uses are there for it (being the 'best' weapon)?

I prefer maul for KQ solos (niche use, yeah, but I want a head) and lazy TD killing for the slow switches. It's also the best at waterfiends. There's a lot of debate surrounding weapons for Bandos but it's quite good in teams there too (not so much solo due to the no shield thing).

It's also the most fun weapon to use in safe PvP in my opinion. Also a good way to futureproof against monsters that may have a crush weakness down the line- crush is probably the most difficult to get a decent weapon for. Not a first choice IMO, but a good second choice after rapier along with the crossbow.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Cmaul is best at bandos without a divine. Soul split flashing on graardor extends your trips a lot if you are good and have a good connection.

It's also good at sara, but lol sara for money making.