Luck Streaks

blackeagle4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5.1k drop log at corp including probably about 1k unlogged kills I had 2 spectral sigils. Then a week ago I missed a Divine, then Ely, then another Ely in a span of 5 days. That has to be my biggest luck streak as of now. I just find it funny that I can have 2 Ely sniped away from me in a week though. LSP wasn't bad either as now I'm making about 6m/hr at corp in 6 man ls teams. I guess I'm a big believer in the Buldge Theory since it's happend so many times to me in RS.

120dgl.jpg

I've missed a few sigils as well as hilts, never gotten anything more expensive than a whip drop though. hopefully some luck will come my way :|.

Does anyone find they tank alot at random tank bosses like Corp?

Just there now.. and i can't even last 2 kills on sharks <_<

died 3x overloading

12 man team..

Should be brewing with overloads, might last a bit longer :3

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

My RS dry streak started around 5yrs ago and has continued till present, never had a barrow item/rare drop.

It took me over 2k kills to get a Black Mask!

When my luck streak starts, it should be epic!

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Overall my luck is fairly average but I get realllyyyyy long dry streaks which puts me off boss hunting which doesn't help the dry streak. For example I did easily over 8 abby demon tasks with no whips but I did get a d med, 100 silver ore and finally on the task I got my first and only whip I got 2 cut d stones before it. <_<

For GWD my soloing luck is horrible. I don't solo often or atleast not much anymore but I'm trying to break my drystreak. So far from a couple hundred bandos kills (only a few recently) I've gotten 2 gs shards and a chaos tally which I'm told is rare. I did FFA bandos once and that made me wont to hit someone..... I was getting about 7/10 of the kills because my friends didn't have to good stats but somehow one friend managed to get 2 hilts and another got 2 tassys and a bcp. That is over 3 days but the friend who got the 2 hilts got them two trips in a row and I got gs shard 3... For saradomin I have gotten 2 SS splits and number of shard splits but thats it.

There was a time when I couldn't go 1 trip at bandos without getting a drop to bad thats not now. :( Also had a zamorak trip with 2 hilts and 2 spears :) hilts were in a row and had a spear after lol. Most recent zamorak trip was 2 steam staves, 2 dds, 1 shield left half and a dragon spear. Use to get 1 zs a trip but haven't had one for months.

For corp my luck is aweful. In a redicoulous amount of kills I've just had a few elixer splits (yeah I cs, but from my luck I'm not missing much). One day my friend asked me to come to corp because we'd been going all week. I said "Nah all we get is bs drops"... 10 minutes later he spams my pm "OMFG 44M ELY SPLIT!!@@@". Good fight. I've only seen one sigil and it was a arcane on a 40 man ls mass so not much lsp gained. I don't have much luck at tds gotten a cut d stone but I can't whine to much because I only have about 100 kills so I need alot more dry to start complaining.

EDIT: LMFAO!! Just got a d skirt from irons, first dragon drop from them ever but I got 2 d skirts from steels thats all. Killed aloott of dragons probably hundreds to thousands on and off task.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I've had interesting luck. Since Strykewyrms have come out I've gotten 4 SOL but no hexes or focuses. There was one abyssal demon task I did in Kuradal's dungeon where I got 3 whips. There was a trip I did to zamorak GWD where I forgot to turn on CS for a kill and ended up getting Z spear =S I can't ever seem to get anything out of barrows though, and still no D chains from dust devils.

Eternis.png

Here's my current "luck" streak over the past two days.

luck.png

Why it won't translate into a d-large from miths, I'll never know.

(Of course, I don't consider myself lucky on that d-chain. I've been killing dusties since I was 92 defense, and did them almost exclusively from 95 - 99 defense.)

Mine would have to be the most insane 10 barrows runs i've ever done. Run #1 started off with a Guthan Body. Run #4 was a Dharoks Helmet (worth about 9.5m), Run #7 was a Torag Helm and a tooth half key, Run #9 was a Torag Body, and Run #10 was another Dharok Helmet. So i'm thinking im the luckiest player ever on runescape. I come back to reality for a little bit as I go on a 30 or so dry spell at barrows. I snapped that streak in style though with another Dharok Helmet.

I'm on about a 15 dry spell run now though.

I personally get average drop rates for everything, never really lucky never unlucky. At least with slayer, don't really monster hunt much.

If you are speaking the truth you are the only person i've seen so far that has this, and i've been around for a long long time scouting many forums and getting to know many people.

Either one has terrible luck (in other words, unlucky) (E.g. never gets anything)

Or one has no luck (E.g. you get the average)

Or one has extreme luck (E.g. gets something every task)

I had yet to meet a person that actually gets the average, in other words a person that has regular luck or just no luck, depends how you see it.

Before i found the Blue Phat in the party room (funny long story short; i made one click and d/c, when i came back i saw something blue on the floor, perhaps it was an afro? Are there any blue afros? Hmm might be a party hat... better pick it up, i hover my mouse over it and my heart nearly pounds out of my chest.)

I had terrible luck i was actually having quite the opposite of luck, never got anything at all (besides getting 4 dmeds from 4 KBD kills back when a med was 3.2m exactly as much as a redphat, oh boy did i make money there.... for once)

But ever since i had that blue phat drop i sold it bought the best melee and range sets out there (99 magic...so...) and got anything else i wanted, spend around 250M.

A month later i made that 250M back by slaying.

And my luck hasn't changed yet, i get something every task... jup i'm one of those players now... (hopefully this didn't jinx anything)

So basically i made more money in that one month than i did in 7 years playing RS.

Mind i played up to 4 hours a day average now i play up to 1 hour a day average.

I might have made 50M in my total RS carreer purely from loot from monsters.

Now i make up to 50M a week from loot from monsters.

I went from getting absolutly nothing jack shizzle to getting awesome items every task, to me it still looks unreal because i'm not entirely used to it yet.

I have heard from very smart individuals (whom i know irl, profs at certain collegas/unis) they showed me trough a bunch of odds calculations (didn't get any of that) that if you got better gear, meaning you kill monsters faster they'd drop better loot.

It would make no sense but the RS loot system calculates loots this way.

Perhaps one could try it, it works for me.

If you get regular gear and you're doing tasks the regular way invest in a few prayer pots (bout 50 should suffiice and it won't kill you buying 50 pray pots)

Then piety trough the tasks you'd normally just do with a whip and some rune armor, you'd kill the monsters faster and if you get better loot it's not coincidence.

And also do not make the mistake and think that when you got better gear you kill more monsters/hour and get more loot because you killed more than you normally could /hour.

No, my point is that killing something faster will give you better loot (not more loot, just better loot)

I know it's hard to actually take my word on this as it's just a bunch of nonsense to you people but you should rezally try it and maybe talk to some very intellectual person who can calculate odds i'm sure you know someone, he will confirm this theory but it's up to you to proof wether the theory is a fact or not.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I'm one of those who has insane luck for a while, then I end up having dry streaks again. I had three pairs of claws in 28 TDs kills, then my drop rate sorta stayed average for a while and after that, it took 696 solos and several hundred duo kills for my next pair. It's the same with slayer too.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

I'm one of those people who doesn't have much luck, both outside the game and in.

As far as i'm aware, i'm about 72 barrows chests dry, with the item before that being a coif, 271 rex kills without even a warrior ring, 400 TD kills without a drop (excluding the one from the quest). The only dragon items i've gotten is a chainskirt from a Steel, and a DDS as a coinshare in Zammy GWD.

No major GWD drops other than 2 Spears and that DDS..

I've had drops before, so I do have some luck, but my dry streaks are often massive.

2v8sgvs.png

A few days ago my luck kicked in. Got a Dragon Skirt drop, then a Visage later in the task.

I did a clue afterwards and was rewarded with 1,6m in stuff.

The next day I got my first Dark Bow on task and a G Maul as well.

Im not expecting to get anything special for a while now though. :P

Yeah Den, you're done for the next 2 years.

I'm superstitious when it comes to luck. I hop worlds when I feel I'm not going to get a good drop. Most of the time it works, but I get tired to hopping. So I usually stick to one world. My best luck streak would be 2 whips within 65 kills apart. My worst would be 1.8k+ kills for 1 whip. Once I was on an abyssal demon task and when I got a whip I hopped worlds in hopes of a 2nd, and sure enough I got a second. So I hopped worlds again and got my 3rd. 3 whips in 1 task, all when I changed worlds after I got them. Sometimes I'm really lucky when I change worlds.

But most of the time it's just superstition for me, and I have the sort of "gotta be there at the right time, killing the right monster and be on the right world, for that particular drop" attitude. There are also people that just have all the luck -_-

I reckon the slayer skill should come out with a uber item that gives a higher chance of a great drop. After all the skill is mastering the art of slaying creatures which hold great riches i.e. dark bow, whip, staff of light. It should give you more luck =D but it doesn't -_-

2vuhgcn.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm superstitious when it comes to luck. I hop worlds when I feel I'm not going to get a good drop. Most of the time it works, but I get tired to hopping. So I usually stick to one world. My best luck streak would be 2 whips within 65 kills apart. My worst would be 1.8k+ kills for 1 whip. Once I was on an abyssal demon task and when I got a whip I hopped worlds in hopes of a 2nd, and sure enough I got a second. So I hopped worlds again and got my 3rd. 3 whips in 1 task, all when I changed worlds after I got them. Sometimes I'm really lucky when I change worlds.

But most of the time it's just superstition for me, and I have the sort of "gotta be there at the right time, killing the right monster and be on the right world, for that particular drop" attitude. There are also people that just have all the luck -_-

I reckon the slayer skill should come out with a uber item that gives a higher chance of a great drop. After all the skill is mastering the art of slaying creatures which hold great riches i.e. dark bow, whip, staff of light. It should give you more luck =D but it doesn't -_-

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that slayer DOES increase your chance of rare drops? Possibly the KB article on slayer..

black_eagle4.png

The only place I have average luck is Corp and Barrows.

Never had a luck streak.

1.2k Bandos dry (no major items, maybe like 1-2 shards)

1k Tormented Demons dry since my last claw drop.

Yeah.

8 SOLS in 8 tasks, but took 6 tasks for that first one, and last four tasks have been dry so meh.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]