Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Luck Streaks

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

blackeagle4
[ Display Name History ]

blackeagle4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Black Eagle4
It seems that in our favourite RNG based game Luck is the main thing that keeps a lot of us going. From the illusive Divine sigil, to things as measly as a D med.. the excitement of getting the harder to get items is certainly something that keeps me, and I'm sure, many other people playing.

Now, the thing this Thread is about, is how often these drops, or these moments of luck (doesn't have to be from hunting) come about, is it fairly consistent for you? Where X kills will grant you with Y drop, or (as it seems for me) your drops are bunched up, followed by long dry streaks, or are you just unlucky all together? Doings hundreds or thousands of kills just for, say, an Abyssal Whip.

Another thing that seems appropriate to your luck, is, when fighting certain bosses do you find yourself using more supplies than your team-mates? Such as Corporeal Beast and Kree'ara, where there is no designated 'tank'

Personally I am currently in a dry streak, easily 100 Solo Bandos since my last item (shard or better), about 400 kills since my last pair of Dragon Claws from Tormented Demons, and last but not least, a ratio of more than 2000/1 when comparing Sigils to Kills at the Corporeal Beast, the last of which being a CS split.. over 600 kills ago.

So, share your experiences of extreme luck/dry streaks, and hopefully give me more motivation to keep on Killing. :wink:
Posted Image

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
Ive never had a luck "streak"

Though, i did find a D-Chain in a drop party once.
O.O

blackeagle4
[ Display Name History ]

blackeagle4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 102 posts

Ive never had a luck "streak"

Though, i did find a D-Chain in a drop party once.

Nice! My best loot from a drop party was Zamorak Platelegs..

But my most memorable was a rune longsword way back in classic ;) and long before i could use it haha
Posted Image

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan
first time I went to bandos we got 2 hilts, tassets, boots, and 2 shards in ~4 hours 5 man (total of like 15m), I've never gotten a drop at bandos sense then.
DKs I've had 2 zerks+axe in ~50 kills followed by nothing for 200 kills so I'd say i've experienced that there. Never had 2 trips in a row at arma without a drop so I cant say i've noticed it their. So I'd say ya they exist even if they are just in our minds :P.

A little offtopic, but why are you CSIng corp?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Sylpheed
[ Display Name History ]

Sylpheed

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RSN:Sylpheed
  • RSN2:Eliteice1
  • Clan:Scryers
OP, it's as if you're describing exactly the cycles of luck I go through.

I still maintain that each individual account has some form of hidden lsp, but instead of it increasing your chances of getting drops in a group it increases your chances of gettting them at all when you are alone.

At the moment, I'm 6 tasks of Abbysal Demons without a whip, 3 tasks of Gargoyles without a maul, 4 tasks of Ice Wyrms without a staff and 3 tasks of Spirit mages without boots. This is probably the longest dry run I have ever had since I started Slayer. However, the bad luck I experience seems to balance itself out because of this as I got a visage from a task of black dragons last week and I got a pair of dclaws after roughly only 35 kills a few days ago.

blackeagle4
[ Display Name History ]

blackeagle4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 102 posts

first time I went to bandos we got 2 hilts, tassets, boots, and 2 shards in ~4 hours 5 man (total of like 15m), I've never gotten a drop at bandos sense then.
DKs I've had 2 zerks+axe in ~50 kills followed by nothing for 200 kills so I'd say i've experienced that there. Never had 2 trips in a row at arma without a drop so I cant say i've noticed it their. So I'd say ya they exist even if they are just in our minds :P.

A little offtopic, but why are you CSIng corp?

I would have prefered LS, but was low on cash and didnt want to try my luck 'cashing in' LSP, and as it worked out we had a 6 man Elysian split, first kill for the team :P

And for Slyph, I'm about 5 Garg tasks without a maul.. but the last task i DID get a maul, I actually got 3.. also never had a mystic drop from them haha, also 3 mage tasks dry.. and in 2 Abby Demons tasks I've had I got one whip lol
Posted Image

benneburg
[ Display Name History ]

benneburg

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
The only luck streak I've had was last night, usually I get a single uncommon every few weeks (or longer). Last night I got a 101 Jungle Strykewyrm task, got a clue from the 2nd kill, which I got Guthix Crozier from (know it isn't expensive or anything, but it's still a TT item;)). Got my 2nd clue after 40 Strykewyrms, got a Guthix Page 1 and Rune Helm (H1) from it. Near the end of my assignment I got the 3rd clue, pulled a Guthix Cowl from that one.

Guess guthix was with me last night or bla bla bla.

No really anything impressive, but still a decent load of uncommon items in a short amount of time I think.

On ther other hand, I have killed thousands of Kurasks and Turoths without getting a single leaf-bladed sword.

benne^
Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
A few days ago my luck kicked in. Got a Dragon Skirt drop, then a Visage later in the task.
I did a clue afterwards and was rewarded with 1,6m in stuff.
The next day I got my first Dark Bow on task and a G Maul as well.

Im not expecting to get anything special for a while now though. :P

Aslan
[ Display Name History ]

Aslan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,483 posts
14 d boots in 1k spirit mages.Biggest dry streak was ~520 or so.
I've only ever gotten 2 whips though.First one was pied, 2nd one was from the last kill of a task in Kuradal's Cave.

Oh, oh almost forgot.3 Lumberjack tops in ~2 hours.

Viv
[ Display Name History ]

Viv

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,804 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
THats exactly how luck works in rs..........get nnothing get nothing get nothing get like 5 good drops get nothing get nothing get nothing repeat

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS
9 years and never had a shield half drop.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
In 7 years playing, Only a D Chain from dusties. One guy I know get about 20-30m+ of drops weekly, most of them slayer. Like Visages, whips etc. In the mean time Im STILL waiting for a visage.

Popoto.~<3

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
My cousin killed his first black dragon ever and got a visage. I was amazed.

Everyone's feeling unlucky in this thread O_o My luck is on/off, sometimes I get 0 g mauls in a task, sometimes I get 3. It's like jagex wants to make it up to me for not getting drops.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

gda_scooby
[ Display Name History ]

gda_scooby

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 151 posts
3 barrows items (2.5mill) in 3 runs, then nothing for ages.

And dont get me started on the 'luck' of 'lets buy low and sell high - its bound to go up'
Posted Image

blackeagle4
[ Display Name History ]

blackeagle4

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 102 posts

3 barrows items (2.5mill) in 3 runs, then nothing for ages.

And dont get me started on the 'luck' of 'lets buy low and sell high - its bound to go up'

Haha oh don't get me started on that!

I had a break for a few months, at start sold my bank for a mask set

watched the prices while i was away.. went DOWN then slowly back up

Came back and sold masks for what i got them for... that was 100m >_<

Edit: Ohh and i've never EVER had a guthan spear from barrows.. at least 2 of everything else
Posted Image

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts
Over thanksgiving, I had 5 claw drops within 3 days. Other than that, no.

lalalasig2.png

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts
I often get streaks of barrows items, then nothing for a while.
The red mark is a big streak of 15m's worth of items.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Everyonedies
[ Display Name History ]

Everyonedies

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 657 posts

9 years and never had a shield half drop.

oddly enough after 9 years i have had 2 shield halves drop once in classic when they were worth massive amounts and once like over a year ago when it was only worth 65k.... Both times they were from stupidly low creatures like goblins. It took like what seemed forever to finally get a dragon picaxe, like 35 cannons later..... So i have never gone through any really long dry streaks or any massive amounts of drops streak either.

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(
Best luck streack has to be 3 clue scrolls within 10 kills. Got studded body (g) and black full helm (g) from them.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

toast647
[ Display Name History ]

toast647

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • RSN:Toast647
  • RSN2:Cursed Toast
Posted Image

last kill of the trip...a long time ago

I've had 3 dragon boots in a row once :lol: