Luck Streaks

blackeagle4

It seems that in our favourite RNG based game Luck is the main thing that keeps a lot of us going. From the illusive Divine sigil, to things as measly as a D med.. the excitement of getting the harder to get items is certainly something that keeps me, and I'm sure, many other people playing.

Now, the thing this Thread is about, is how often these drops, or these moments of luck (doesn't have to be from hunting) come about, is it fairly consistent for you? Where X kills will grant you with Y drop, or (as it seems for me) your drops are bunched up, followed by long dry streaks, or are you just unlucky all together? Doings hundreds or thousands of kills just for, say, an Abyssal Whip.

Another thing that seems appropriate to your luck, is, when fighting certain bosses do you find yourself using more supplies than your team-mates? Such as Corporeal Beast and Kree'ara, where there is no designated 'tank'

Personally I am currently in a dry streak, easily 100 Solo Bandos since my last item (shard or better), about 400 kills since my last pair of Dragon Claws from Tormented Demons, and last but not least, a ratio of more than 2000/1 when comparing Sigils to Kills at the Corporeal Beast, the last of which being a CS split.. over 600 kills ago.

So, share your experiences of extreme luck/dry streaks, and hopefully give me more motivation to keep on Killing. :wink:

black_eagle4.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never had a luck "streak"

Though, i did find a D-Chain in a drop party once.

Nice! My best loot from a drop party was Zamorak Platelegs..

But my most memorable was a rune longsword way back in classic ;) and long before i could use it haha

black_eagle4.png

first time I went to bandos we got 2 hilts, tassets, boots, and 2 shards in ~4 hours 5 man (total of like 15m), I've never gotten a drop at bandos sense then.

DKs I've had 2 zerks+axe in ~50 kills followed by nothing for 200 kills so I'd say i've experienced that there. Never had 2 trips in a row at arma without a drop so I cant say i've noticed it their. So I'd say ya they exist even if they are just in our minds :P.

A little offtopic, but why are you CSIng corp?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

OP, it's as if you're describing exactly the cycles of luck I go through.

I still maintain that each individual account has some form of hidden lsp, but instead of it increasing your chances of getting drops in a group it increases your chances of gettting them at all when you are alone.

At the moment, I'm 6 tasks of Abbysal Demons without a whip, 3 tasks of Gargoyles without a maul, 4 tasks of Ice Wyrms without a staff and 3 tasks of Spirit mages without boots. This is probably the longest dry run I have ever had since I started Slayer. However, the bad luck I experience seems to balance itself out because of this as I got a visage from a task of black dragons last week and I got a pair of dclaws after roughly only 35 kills a few days ago.

Sylpheed.png

first time I went to bandos we got 2 hilts, tassets, boots, and 2 shards in ~4 hours 5 man (total of like 15m), I've never gotten a drop at bandos sense then.

DKs I've had 2 zerks+axe in ~50 kills followed by nothing for 200 kills so I'd say i've experienced that there. Never had 2 trips in a row at arma without a drop so I cant say i've noticed it their. So I'd say ya they exist even if they are just in our minds :P.

A little offtopic, but why are you CSIng corp?

I would have prefered LS, but was low on cash and didnt want to try my luck 'cashing in' LSP, and as it worked out we had a 6 man Elysian split, first kill for the team :P

And for Slyph, I'm about 5 Garg tasks without a maul.. but the last task i DID get a maul, I actually got 3.. also never had a mystic drop from them haha, also 3 mage tasks dry.. and in 2 Abby Demons tasks I've had I got one whip lol

black_eagle4.png

The only luck streak I've had was last night, usually I get a single uncommon every few weeks (or longer). Last night I got a 101 Jungle Strykewyrm task, got a clue from the 2nd kill, which I got Guthix Crozier from (know it isn't expensive or anything, but it's still a TT item;)). Got my 2nd clue after 40 Strykewyrms, got a Guthix Page 1 and Rune Helm (H1) from it. Near the end of my assignment I got the 3rd clue, pulled a Guthix Cowl from that one.

Guess guthix was with me last night or bla bla bla.

No really anything impressive, but still a decent load of uncommon items in a short amount of time I think.

On ther other hand, I have killed thousands of Kurasks and Turoths without getting a single leaf-bladed sword.

benne^

benneburg3aq.png

A few days ago my luck kicked in. Got a Dragon Skirt drop, then a Visage later in the task.

I did a clue afterwards and was rewarded with 1,6m in stuff.

The next day I got my first Dark Bow on task and a G Maul as well.

Im not expecting to get anything special for a while now though. :P

14 d boots in 1k spirit mages.Biggest dry streak was ~520 or so.

I've only ever gotten 2 whips though.First one was pied, 2nd one was from the last kill of a task in Kuradal's Cave.

Oh, oh almost forgot.3 Lumberjack tops in ~2 hours.

THats exactly how luck works in rs..........get nnothing get nothing get nothing get like 5 good drops get nothing get nothing get nothing repeat

StarViv.png

In 7 years playing, Only a D Chain from dusties. One guy I know get about 20-30m+ of drops weekly, most of them slayer. Like Visages, whips etc. In the mean time Im STILL waiting for a visage.

Popoto.~<3

My cousin killed his first black dragon ever and got a visage. I was amazed.

Everyone's feeling unlucky in this thread O_o My luck is on/off, sometimes I get 0 g mauls in a task, sometimes I get 3. It's like jagex wants to make it up to me for not getting drops.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

3 barrows items (2.5mill) in 3 runs, then nothing for ages.

And dont get me started on the 'luck' of 'lets buy low and sell high - its bound to go up'

Haha oh don't get me started on that!

I had a break for a few months, at start sold my bank for a mask set

watched the prices while i was away.. went DOWN then slowly back up

Came back and sold masks for what i got them for... that was 100m >_<

Edit: Ohh and i've never EVER had a guthan spear from barrows.. at least 2 of everything else

black_eagle4.png

9 years and never had a shield half drop.

oddly enough after 9 years i have had 2 shield halves drop once in classic when they were worth massive amounts and once like over a year ago when it was only worth 65k.... Both times they were from stupidly low creatures like goblins. It took like what seemed forever to finally get a dragon picaxe, like 35 cannons later..... So i have never gone through any really long dry streaks or any massive amounts of drops streak either.

Best luck streack has to be 3 clue scrolls within 10 kills. Got studded body (g) and black full helm (g) from them.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

My best luck based things are this:

I have had 2 dragon chain drops from dusties. Not close together, but then again, I have not killed that many dustues, and nowhere near the 16k mark that the dragon chain is put at.

I got a kurask task for my first task at 70 slayer. 3 kills in, I got a kurask head. On another slayer note, for my first task after the strykewyrm update, I got jungles. My third to last kill was a hexcrest. Took me about 2 weeks to get another task, though. Finally, I traded a second hexcrest for my focus sight, and made my slayer helm complete. Thank you wyrms!

My strangest one was at Cockroach soldiers, where I had a rune scim drop, then a rune square, then a rune scim, and then a rune square. 4 rune drops, right in a row. I ended that trip with 3 scims and 4 alched squares, not a bad run.

On the other hand, for all the metal dragons I have killed (iron and steel), I have only ever had 1 d skirt as a drop. And nothing else from them, sides clues.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

My most insane luck streaks were (besides getting other rare drops) 5 dragon boots drops in a row, then something else and then another 2 pairs in a row.

2 dmeds back when they were 3.2m in a row from KBD

7 key halves in ~30 rock slugs kills

Best whip streak is 2 whips in 5 kills

I've been playing for a loooong time...

Maybe some others i can't really remember...

Esit: Meh just got loop half and tooth half in a row from irons :P

Edit: Fero ring after those two key halves... hmm another streak as we sepak? :P

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

My only real luck streak was 8 months ago or so at Nechryaels where I got 5 b2b Rune Boots, then Runite bar, then b2b Rune Boots again, it was amazing.

On the other hand I haven't gotten boots in ages + I blocked them because they started annoying me.

Sadly I only got the task end pic

188nech.png

On other monsters I'm really below the average ratio. At least so I think.

VIX VIX VIX

Yeah, I had a lucky streak with TDs. I got two claws in 50 kills when they first came out, few hundred later another one, and another while later 2 within 25 kills. But now I'm on a 1300+ dry streak if you don't count shard drops. I don't know, I don't really like luck based income. It's too bad RC isn't as good a moneymaker as back when I got 99 in it :mellow: ... it's not really fun anymore since abyss RCing had its soul removed with the removal of the wilderness.