EA/Activision Told Jagex To [bleep] Off

Omali

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not blizzard, activision or ea who build the browser based games. - It was and is just out of their scope: they target a different audience..

Actually, EA did create Lord of Ultima, a recently launched browser based Ultima Evony-Clone.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Jagex trying to make other companies look bad so people forget about how they screw up them selfs all the time.

Clever Jagex, clever.

EA and activision aren't exactly known for stellar mmo's. or even online games for that matter. still waiting for someone to muster up the balls to tell of Blizzard

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

EA, Activision and Ubisoft are some of the WORST companies. Ever

EA will try to milk everything for what it is worth, and then disgard it on the side of the road

Activision will publish a great game, then three years later erase all traces of it so it doesn't exist.

Ubisoft will buy the name of an amazing seiries, but will decode not to support it in the English/other language..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Jagex trying to make other companies look bad so people forget about how they screw up them selfs all the time.

Clever Jagex, clever.

EA and activision aren't exactly known for stellar mmo's. or even online games for that matter. still waiting for someone to muster up the balls to tell of Blizzard

Uhm... EA = The Old Republic

Activision = World of Warcraft

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If it was activision we would have microtransactions by now in RS.

The sad thing is that Jagexjust figured this out with war of legends, and sadly enough people have bought into it that its going well.

Besides publishing RuneScape and casual games through the FunOrb portal, Jagex is also releasing titles such as War of Legends, which is "125 percent over target on revenues," according to Gerhard.
I played war of legends for several months (and loved the very basic game and the community) but finally quit because it was just taking too much time, and the fact that I hated how people with money could buy their way through the game. (along with many other stupid things jagex did with that game)

I think, with the way war of legends has gone, that jagex will probably have some form of microtransacttion in stellar dawn.

The sad thing is that Jagexjust figured this out with war of legends, and sadly enough people have bought into it that its going well.

Besides publishing RuneScape and casual games through the FunOrb portal, Jagex is also releasing titles such as War of Legends, which is "125 percent over target on revenues," according to Gerhard.
I played war of legends for several months (and loved the very basic game and the community) but finally quit because it was just taking too much time, and the fact that I hated how people with money could buy their way through the game. (along with many other stupid things jagex did with that game)

I think, with the way war of legends has gone, that jagex will probably have some form of microtransacttion in stellar dawn.

WoL was published for another company, so I doubt jagex is now having a policy of microtransactions.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I once read a poll, where Bob Kotick was voted, unanimously, The single person from the game industry, that most gamers want dead.

EA used to be hated that much by active gamers.

but then Bob Kotick actually started messing up games serious gamers actually cared about.

Now Activision takes the place of most hated game developer by more hardcore gamers.

I'm glad both of them told Jagex to [bleep] off, even Jagex shouldn't stoop to their level.

Naaxi.png

I agree with Morionic.

Jagex is behind it's time in terms of technology and graphics, but it's going at its own pace. Runescape has terrible graphics, repetitive game play, but it's one of the largest out there. So Jagex must be doing something right. I'm glad they got rejected. Jagex's individuality is part of why I love Runescape so much.

I'm not a fan of EA or Activision, so I guess I'm kind of glad nothing happened there.

I'm quite interested that Sony invested in them, don't they publish/develop Free Realms, probably the closest thing to competition that RuneScape has?

Ditto that. I really dislike EA, they make tons of games and somehow poorly manage their money ot make bad games or something and end up laying off tons of employees. Activision I have to grit my teeth and endure because they co-oped with Blizzard who I hate only for WOW but love Starcraft for and Warcraft too. I am glad they went this way though, because they are able to focus more effort on runescape instead of working on other stuff on xbox and junk like that.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

Clever Jagex, clever.

just because blizzard is a part of activision doesn't mean activision influences them. blizzard does their own developing and publishing for their games.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Clever Jagex, clever.

just because blizzard is a part of activision doesn't mean activision influences them. blizzard does their own developing and publishing for their games.

Yeah, Activision isn't WoW. And the article isn't about todays Activison. When Jagex asked them they were far far away from Blizzard.

[404] Signature not found.

I never knew that Sony invested in Jagex back in 2005

That's because the article is incorrect and Sony never invested in 2005, they nearly invested. In the end it was Insight Venture Partners who invested in October 2005.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

You know, I remember something:

a few years ago people were actually writing topics of JAGEX maybe buying out - though the topics were quickly blocked as spreading rumors. - But as you can see now this wasn't so far off!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Some people don't seem to understand the difference between developer and publisher it seems. Jagex published WoL, they didn't develop it. For the sake of simplicity, Jagex had no hand in creating the game, they simply tacked their name onto the game by publishing it to make people know about it's existence. This is the exact same way that Activision-Blizzard works if im not mistaken.

Also, I still think Runescape has a very large stigma attached to it for being a childrens game with an absolutely despicable community. All you have to do is read some reviews of the game online and you will see user reviews who simply think the game is overrun by moronic kids. Sadly, there is truth in the statement and I think it's too late for Jagex to convince the general gaming public that Runescape is for all ages.

Sylpheed.png

Activision stinks, those noobs can't develop or test a game properly before they release it.

But EA, such a good franchise and they make a stupid mistake like this when even they're motto is: 'EA Challenge everything'. Go figure.

Meh well i guess it's their loss, froobs! -.-

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I am extremely glad that they didn't merge. Jagex is a very rare gem of a company that believes in doing things differently, and Runescape reflects that. Otherwise, it would just be a generic medieval/fantasy MMO that's been done before.

It also shows that EA and Activision didn't quite grasp what millions of players have been looking for: A huge MMO that you can quickly start playing on virtually any computer.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I never knew that Sony invested in Jagex back in 2005

That's because the article is incorrect and Sony never invested in 2005, they nearly invested. In the end it was Insight Venture Partners who invested in October 2005.

The article is just misleading but not incorrect, "Was willing" doesnt mean they have done it.

Jagex is the only company I've seen that actually gives a damn about its players. Even if we gripe and moan, they for the most part give us what we want.

I have games both by EA and Activision and am disgusted with their performance. Knowing Activision, we'd have to pay real money for Godswords and new equipment. We'd also have ridiculous hosting issues.

EA would go through and kick out most of the staff, replacing it with people devoted to just keeping Runescape members-only with no new content. After making money, they would kill the servers due to any sort of decline in playerbase after 2 or so years.

We don't seem to realize it most of the time, but Jagex is really one of the better video game companies out there in that for the most part they're doing this to have fun and make money as well.

Jagex is the only company I've seen that actually gives a damn about its players. Even if we gripe and moan, they for the most part give us what we want.

I have games both by EA and Activision and am disgusted with their performance. Knowing Activision, we'd have to pay real money for Godswords and new equipment. We'd also have ridiculous hosting issues.

EA would go through and kick out most of the staff, replacing it with people devoted to just keeping Runescape members-only with no new content. After making money, they would kill the servers due to any sort of decline in playerbase after 2 or so years.

We don't seem to realize it most of the time, but Jagex is really one of the better video game companies out there in that for the most part they're doing this to have fun and make money as well.

qft

[404] Signature not found.

Thank god they told them to [bleep] off. Just imagine what we would be getting if Bobby Kotick had anything to do with Runescape. DUNGEONEERING BATCH 2 FOR ONLY $5! New patch fixing player killing bugs for $10!

16185_s.gif

Thank god they told them to [bleep] off. Just imagine what we would be getting if Bobby Kotick had anything to do with Runescape. DUNGEONEERING BATCH 2 FOR ONLY $5! New patch fixing player killing bugs for $10!

not to mention their huge sizes that'll take hours to download

monoclesmilecopy.jpg