The Truth about Ranarr Spawn and Jagex�s Great Conspiracy

tedbundty

Everybody thinks Ranarrs are going to continue crashing because of the new cave which spawns them that you only need 10 Dungeoneering to enter. I beg to differ.

In this cave, Ranarrs spawn once every 100 seconds. This means 36 can be gathered on each world per hour hour. If people can get 8k each for them then (36*8k) that’s 288k per hour. They can also pick up Irit herbs which would add about 100k and make it 388k per hour. But that’s only if there is no competition. If there is, that profit could easily be halved or worse.

Only the noobiest noob would sit around for an hour picking up spawns for (a questionable) 388k gp and no exp. Especially when there are so many other more profitable, less tedious and exp-gaining ways to make money. If the prices did drop alot they wouldn’t stay down for long because then it would be even less worth it to pick up spawns i.e. it might only be 250k per hour then.

The reason Ranarr herbs are dropping now is artificial. Everybody is dumping because people don’t understand that it’s so not worth it to gather ranarrs and irits and that nobody is going to bother. As soon as people realize the truth they’re gonna stop dumping and start buying at max (because the price will have dropped and you’ll be able to get for really cheap.) and the price will go back to normal.

If, as they always do when there’s a PvP update or more people playing for whatever reason, the prices of Ranarrs go up a bunch, it will make gathering this way somewhat profitable so people will start gathering again and the prices of Ranarrs will go back to their average price. So what this cave really does is keeps the price Ranarr Herbs and prayer pots from getting too high.

EDIT: I just found out that there are Chaos Druids in the lvl 10 cave, too. This may provide people a greater incentive to camp there because they can kill druids for their herb drops and pick up the ranarrs at the same time. This means ranarrs might be going down afterall - though not for sure.

It’s not only the price of ranarrs and prayer pots that Jagex wants to keep low, though, they also want to decrease the price of leveling smithing and prayer. This is, of course, what I call “Jagex’s Great conspiracy”.

Prayer: Frost Dragons drop bones that give 2.5x as much exp as dragon bones but aren’t that much harder to kill than normal dragons. Everybody’s going to be killing them to get 20k for the bones and so there will be a lot of supply and price will go down along with prices of other bones and the price of leveling prayer.

Smithing: There are 3 runite ores in one of the caves. This will make it much easier to obtain ores and thus increase their supply, effectively lowering the price it costs to smith rune stuff. Also, in one of the dungeoneering caves there are steel + iron dragons and and anvil all together. This means people can kill the metal dragons and then make iron/steel platebodies to get free smithing exp. Plus (one of the most shocking things) one of the resource dungeons holds 6 mithril 3 silver and 13 coal rocks that are right next to a bank deposit booth and, what's more, F2P players can access them! This will definitely make the prices of coal and mithril fall, along with the prices of all bars.

More about the whole conspiracy thing: I think it is a conspiracy because this isn't the first time they've done stuff to cheapen or "noob down" skills. Take double exp weekend when people could get 99 summoning for half the money and time or effigies which make lvling slayer a lot faster because they're dropped all the time and give a ton of exp. I'm sure there are more out there that I'm not aware of. I think they're doing this to cater to the desires of all the 12 year olds (who make up the majority of their members) out there who all want an easier game.

Note: this was all copied from my blogwith my permission lol.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They spawn once every 100 seconds. This means 36 can be gathered by one person in an hour IF he has no competition - the realistic number may be only 18. If people can get 8k each for them then (36*8k)that's 288k per hour. They can also pick up Irit herbs which would add about 100k and make it 388k per hour.

Only the noobiest noob would sit around for an hour picking up spawns for (a questionable) 388k gp and no exp. Especially when there are so many other more profitable, less tedious and exp-gaining ways to make money. If the prices did drop alot they wouldn't stay down for long because then it would be even less worth it to pick up spawns

There are chaos druids in there too. :wink:

a70c7.png

I would agree on all except the smithing. How many people honestly train with rune? Not many. The price WILL fall, but not enough to make it more popular than addy plates or gold smelting.

It is interesting stuff, but who will honestly kill dragons just to get some smithing exp? It be cheaper to do something more profitable like farming runs and then just buy all your bars, etc. Because of this and the other reasons said I don't see any conspiracy, just some interesting updates.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

288k an hour + chaos druid killing.

I would say that is an amazing way to make money as a low level. I remember killing chaos druids as a level 80 and they were great money. Add 200k-ish to that and more money for the noobs. And if this gets botted, lower prices for people trying to get overloads!

Everybody wins!

Also, on frost dragon bones, there is a point whereby their gp/exp is the same as burrying 2.5 or so dragon bones, making them simply a faster alternative. I doubt they will go this low. If they do, so what? Prayer is cheaper to level and everybody wins :twss:

C1Geq.png

Herblore probably won't be much cheaper to train. After all, most people move on to super restores at level 63.

There are 3 runite rocks. And hardly anyone trains smithing with runite.

And I think the majority of iron/steel dragon slayers are doing it in Kuradal's dungeon. This, coupled with the annoyance of picking up 5 bars, smithing it, and dropping it, and I don't see the anvil as making smithing cheaper at all.

Prayer might be slightly cheaper. Ourg bones are crashing the hardest right now since they are no longer the best buyable bones. Dragon bones will probably only suffer a slight dip.

And I think the majority of iron/steel dragon slayers are doing it in Kuradal's dungeon. This, coupled with the annoyance of picking up 5 bars, smithing it, and dropping it, and I don't see the anvil as making smithing cheaper at all..

Why drop when you can alch? And the runite rocks may make rune smithing profitable, Its a long shot though...

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

If I had an iron or steel dragon task I'd kill and leave the bars on the floor as normal an anvil in there people dreamed of for a while, it's just not effective enough for me, noted bars.. maybe would tempt me to pick them up but too much of a time consumption.

Ranarr spawn isn't a reason for ranarrs to crash it's more of a reason for players to go down there to kill the chaos druids and pick the ranarrs up when they spawn.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The Chaos Druids, I would expect, would be a much more reasonable alternative than competing with a number of spawn campers. In turn, the more Druids are killed, the more Ranarr come into the game, so I do expect prices to flux and eventually stabilize lower than what it was before.

Frost Dragon bones will crash. That's definitely plausible. More people are harvesting them than want to pay 20K a bone, so anticipate those prices to take a nosedive.

I don't see 3 extra Runite ores affecting the prices of Runite bars all that much. It doesn't really inspire smiths to make more rune anytime soon, as you still net a loss for your efforts. Just expect Rune ore to flux a bit, is all.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

They spawn once every 100 seconds. This means 36 can be gathered by one person in an hour IF he has no competition - the realistic number may be only 18. If people can get 8k each for them then (36*8k)that's 288k per hour. They can also pick up Irit herbs which would add about 100k and make it 388k per hour.

Only the noobiest noob would sit around for an hour picking up spawns for (a questionable) 388k gp and no exp. Especially when there are so many other more profitable, less tedious and exp-gaining ways to make money. If the prices did drop alot they wouldn't stay down for long because then it would be even less worth it to pick up spawns

There are chaos druids in there too. :wink:

And considering you can hop worlds in around 35 seconds (cancelling at 10 seconds and clicking play now) that figure would be trebled which isn't bad money at all for the low requirements it has. :P
imagangster.png

The Chaos Druids, I would expect, would be a much more reasonable alternative than competing with a number of spawn campers. In turn, the more Druids are killed, the more Ranarr come into the game, so I do expect prices to flux and eventually stabilize lower than what it was before.

Frost Dragon bones will crash. That's definitely plausible. More people are harvesting them than want to pay 20K a bone, so anticipate those prices to take a nosedive.

I don't see 3 extra Runite ores affecting the prices of Runite bars all that much. It doesn't really inspire smiths to make more rune anytime soon, as you still net a loss for your efforts. Just expect Rune ore to flux a bit, is all.

There are chaos druids there o.O? Wow then Jagex' conspiracy was bigger than I thought. Not only will pray pots and ranarrs stay low but training herblore in general might get a lot cheaper

@PikachuMayhem - I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and if it really does work that way then there's gonna be a lot of competition that will render it not nearly as profitable + the people couldn't kill Chaos Druids then.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

Thing is, people who normally just train at chaos druids, will do just that, and if the spawn is free, pick up the ranarr as well

Either way, lots of ranarr's are entering the game.

Its the same thing with limpwurt roots. Competiting with 5 other people is useless, just kill the giants and if the limp is free, pick it up.

O.O

You would be right except you forget about bots.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Once some bots get updated, herb might drop to like 20-25gp/exp. But I wouldn't expect any major changes before then, except panic selling.

Can bots really do that kinda stuff these days and get away with it? If so Jagex definitely shouldn't have done this or made it somehow bot resistant. I do agree with you that currently prices are only going down because of panic selling.

Once some bots get updated, herb might drop to like 20-25gp/exp. But I wouldn't expect any major changes before then, except panic selling.

Can bots really do that kinda stuff these days and get away with it? If so Jagex definitely shouldn't have done this or made it somehow bot resistant. I do agree with you that currently prices are only going down because of panic selling.

There are already bots that kill druids in edge and yanille. Plus bans are rare now and only 2 weeks for the first time.

There are chaos druids there o.O? Wow then Jagex' conspiracy was bigger than I thought. Not only will pray pots and ranarrs stay low but training herblore in general might get a lot cheaper

@PikachuMayhem - I'm pretty sure that's against the rules and if it really does work that way then there's gonna be a lot of competition that will render it not nearly as profitable + the people couldn't kill Chaos Druids then.

There are also chaos druids in edgevile dungeon.. And hardly ever they are crowded.. So why would these be?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Its the same thing with limpwurt roots. Competiting with 5 other people is useless, just kill the giants and if the limp is free, pick it up.

Actually, atm on w7 there is no one to compete with and they spawn FAST, im timimg how long it takes per load at 62.5k per load

I smell a limp crash.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Bah...Dungeoneering is of absolutely no interest to me. It is nothing more than another mini-game. I tried it and made level 2...that is where it is staying. Couldn't take anything out of the "dungeon" so why bother.

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?

To follow up my previous post, I can get upwards of 180 limps/hour or 450k/hr in f2p!

I'm pretty sure limps are going to crash... HARD

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

*looks at 100 ranarr seeds in bank*

[bleep]

Edited by Kcdragon8116
Don't evade the censor
[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]