Farseer Helm vs Infinity Hat

Wingless

Well tonight was the night for Tip.It versus RuneScape Wikia on the Fansite Tourney and I decided to get Infinity Robes to Mage in better. I was astounded at the price of the hat, which when I last looked was about 3.2M.

Very quickly I decided that I'd have to go hatless. But after a little research, I discovered the unsung Farseer Helm.

Let me post the stats of each helmet:

[hide=Farseer Helm]Attack:

Stab: -5

Slash: -5

Crush: -5

Magic: 6

Range: -5

Defence:

Stab: 8

Slash: 10

Crush: 12

Range: 0

Summoning: 7[/hide]

[hide=Infinity Hat]Attack:

Stab: 0

Slash: 0

Crush: 0

Defence:

Stab: 0

Slash: 0

Crush: 0

Summoning: 7[/hide]

Now I understand how vital attack is, and both of those hats give +6 Mage Attack. However, Farseer Helm comes with a negative 5 on all but mage, which I understand some people might resent... however in certain situations wouldn't you just switch helmets?

Then the defence, the Farseer Helm clearly beats the Infinity Hat in everything there. The Fareseer gives a small defence bonus from attacks (besides Ranged) whereas the Infinity gives nothing but defence from Mage.

I also understand that the Farseer requires the completion of The Fremmennik Trails so some pures may have trouble with it there, but what about those who have completed that quest?

Also, the Farseer Helm can be enchanted with up to 70 scrolls for Summoning! That can be quite useful in places where you might Mage with a familiar, for instance, Soul Wars (like tonight's event :P).

The Farseer Helm is only around 45-50K, yet the Infinity Hat is more than 65x that amount but tends to be used more... For what reason?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Discussion value has to be topping my list of most overused words. Of course it has discussion value. Why do people just blindly follow the crowd rathen than do research like this? Or do they just want to show off wealth? In that case, how much stats are people really prepared to give up just to show off cool gear? It has plenty of discussion value, don't be such a party pooper -_-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Read: title.

Farseer vs Infinity.

Ahrim is better than both if you have 70 defence. Don't get mad just 'cause you forgot about it.

Each have their niches:

Infinity - best for those with 25 defence or if you are 45 defence and hybriding

Farseer - best for those with 45 defence

Ahrim - best for those with 70 defence

E: this belongs in H&A because there is so little to discuss (all that there is to be said has been said in the first 5 posts)

Discussion value has to be topping my list of most overused words. Of course it has discussion value. Why do people just blindly follow the crowd rathen than do research like this? Or do they just want to show off wealth? In that case, how much stats are people really prepared to give up just to show off cool gear? It has plenty of discussion value, don't be such a party pooper -_-

I think most people already know that Ahrim's hood, farseer helm, and infinity hat all have the same magic attack bonus. As is always the case in Runescape, people will often opt for the most expensive or best looking items rather than the most cost-efficient items. This is why people use infinity hats.

What else is there to discuss?

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pros use healer hats. Free and better mage attack than farseer or inf. :thumbup:

(And the yes the inf hat is for looks rather than usefulness compared to farseer + it takes time to get infinity but you can always just buy a farseer instantly like stated previously)

Sephy.png

Infinity looks cooler and is a lot harder to get, hence the huge price difference. I don't really see any discussion value.

Price vs Stats

Priorities for different uses

Looks

General awesomeness

Plus many more. All things that could be discussed.

I always use a farseer. If i need attack bonus more than magic bonus, i use my warrior ring/helm. Generally, i don't like to spend much, especially since i do a fair amount of PKing.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I actually didn't know about the farseer helm bonus until I read this, even though I have one in my bank. When I didn't want to use my Ahrim I usually just used a mystic hat, which is worse. I guess you never know when information in a thread might be useful to someone.

Sorry if this is offending the sensibilities of Mr. Discussion Value.

Read: title.

Farseer vs Infinity. And Ahrim's degrades too, whereas Farseer and Inf don't which is my point for this thread. Otherwise Ahrim's wins >_<

I used Ah hood when I was killing rock lobsters so I could no pray them for longer back when it was possible to run out of energy at lobs so no proselyte lol.

tbh the only things I use magic for now are ice wyrms and rex, both of which call for a slayer helm. in safe pvp I'd still go with the hood. the degrading really is negligible lol.

between farseer and infinity I'd take farseer, because I generally do not melee while wearing mage helmets

didn't know healer hat was better though amg lol, I might need to get one

i didn't know this about farseer helm, but i did about archer helm, i looked at the stats and it was like only 1 less ranged then a black dhide coif, not to mention easier to get and does not degrade, i still have that ranger helm today lol.

as for the farseer helm, well, besdies looks (and even then, it makes a sweet adition a "tim the enchanter" costume) its winning on every angle besides hybriding. and who would use an inf hat for that?!

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

The price of infinity hat is largely determined on how hard it is to get and how good it looks, not the stats. Ahrims hood is useless for training as you wouldn't be getting too much melee damage, and even then the degradation kicks in, which is annoying. I'm surprised by the healer hat, but it's just not worthwhile to get for the extra bonus. 3a hat has long been the best mage helmet and still is for training purposes, narrowly beating the farseer, which just doesn't look good enough for most people to use. But yea, prices are not determined by usefullness(as we all know) and the price of farseer could never go beyond 78k anyway, while noone would bother getting infinity hats if they dropped lower, or looked unspectacular.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I actually didn't know about the farseer helm bonus until I read this, even though I have one in my bank. When I didn't want to use my Ahrim I usually just used a mystic hat, which is worse. I guess you never know when information in a thread might be useful to someone.

Sorry if this is offending the sensibilities of Mr. Discussion Value.

So now that you know, what else is there to discuss? :rolleyes: Everyone's basically saying the same thing: Infinity hats are more expensive because they're much harder to get.

Should I make a thread comparing 3rd age coif to Armadyl helm? "Why would anyone buy a 3rd age coif?!1?! The stats are worse and it costs so much more! doesn't make senseuhfrquiwerui[bleep]7rtf794bgtierh"

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I always thought that Farseer helm made you look like some sort of ram.. so I avoided wearing it. Even if it meant paying *Gasp* 5k an hour to use Ahrim's Hood.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer