Minecraft General

demby123

My game has made a habit of crashing randomly, closing itself and deleting anything I did since the last save. The way it deletes is wierd though - it deletes buildings and stored stuff, but my player appears in the same place with the same inventory. So I finished off a portal and went to hell (which Notch is calling "The Nether"), mined a few hell bricks, then the game crashed. When I loaded it up again, it said .34 KB when my game is supposed to be >10kb, and I was in hell, but the gate wasn't there :o so I guess I'll burn in hell forever?

I think I'll try dieing, and see if my real world is still there. What happens when you die in Hell? Maybe I should take this one to the philosophy thread.

Edit: [bleep]. When I died, I got a blank error message. Make a note, kids: Dying in Hell = [/world]. Good game to all of the stuff I've posted in this thread so far. I'm glad I didn't spend time building a mob trap.

Edit 2: False alarm. I reloaded the game, and found myself at the spawn point. I went back to where I had built my portal, and found it fully built and operational, and when I went into hell there was a portal there, with all my stuff next to it. Oh, and when I go back through it I show up at some random place near the portal I built, in a new portal. By the way, the rock that looks like gravel in hell is, in fact, gravel. Also, I guess Notch didn't go through with the lantern update.

I just opened up Minecraft as usual.

When it was loading it was downloading.

This must have been before the crashing went down over at minecraft.net.

Im currently playing offline though.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've been playing around with the hell world, but then I fell off of my giant castle and died, and all of my items disappeared. I'm also lagging a lot more than usual.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Just bought the game. I already drilled to the center of the Earth, but when I tried to build a giant flaming tower covered in torches I fell to my death. How do you move your respawn point?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Just bought the game. I already drilled to the center of the Earth, but when I tried to build a giant flaming tower covered in torches I fell to my death. How do you move your respawn point?

As of right now, you can't. Try building a minecart system from your respawn point to your base.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Okay, so, how should I start out? I kinda messed up last time. Also, should all my worlds be completely underwater? :blink:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yeah I'm pretty pissed that Notch made items disappear completely on death. Now I'm going to be a lot more afraid of creepers...

By the way, when you enter hell, it's best not to attack the pigmen directly. Or they will OWN you. They do tons of damage, and can run faster than you. They won't attack you normally though. But god forbid you attack one of them, all of the pigmen in the area will swarm you. If you want their bacon, just light the areas around them on fire.

Oh and good news everyone, my chunk 0 mob trap still works as ridiculously well as before the update. I was a bit afraid this update would break the chunk 0 exploit.

Ugg, items disappear on death now? That explains why I couldn't find mine at the base of my tower. Also, is there multiplayer survival mode?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So, I quickly ask again; does anyone have a bit of beginner advice? :)

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Bah, just lost a couple hundred coal I got on a lucky mining streak. Respawned in the middle of the night. Next to a Creeper.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

On multiplayer do you play the same mode as single? If so, anyone willing to play with me? :P

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Lol@ above (pic with the monsters). I've been on peaceful for most of the time, as I find it's much better when I'm building to not have to worry about falling. Nevertheless, I've still died twice, dropping both diamond picks and all my obsidian, so no more Hell for me today. I've been exploring biomes, as I wanted some snow blocks for my base. After a few days' in-game time, I've managed to find a decently sized snow area.

[spoiler=Cartograph]It was a bit buggy, but it seems to have loaded the hell-stone I put on top of my little house alright. The only problem is you won't be able to see anything because the map is so huge. Oh, and that sand-like stuff where my main world was is a glitch with Cartograph.

map1-normal-day-1.png

I'm pretty disappointed with the biomes. All I can really see is snow, and very little of that. There were also areas with lots of trees, but I couldn't really tell the different between snow and "Woodland".

Nexaduro: Start by building a shelter. "Mine" some trees, make a crafting table, make tools, explore and build a better house, make ladders and torches, then start a mine. You're looking for anything unusual - if it looks different, mine it. You'll eventually find some iron, make it into tools, and continue to explore mines for better materials. Be sure to remember how to get back to the surface. If you want to know how to build stuff, check the wiki. Also, you might find Seananners' vids on Youtube helpful. It's a pretty open game, you basically just run around, mine, and craft.

And no, there is no "Survival" multiplayer. There is a multiplayer with mining and crafting (but no monsters as far as I know) which he's been updating, but it's not that fun. The biggest problem I had with it was that any server I went into had already been hugely developed, so there was really nothing to do. We need a TIF server.