Minecraft General

demby123

Yeah, minecart tracks can go up and down hills, they'll automatically make a sloped track piece when you do what you described. Just keep in mind that, assuming you're using powered minecarts to push your carts around, that a passenger cart that you're riding in will have troubles with going uphill if you only have the one powered cart - I believe that making and placing another powered minecart behind the first one will add their power together and be able to go up hills better, but I'm not sure. I tend to only use powered carts for pushing my storage carts around, and use the booster idea (youtube it, there should be plenty of vids, or I can post a link) for my passenger carts.

Animals (and probably mobs too, haven't seen it yet) can and will hijack passenger carts left out on open track though, so be cautious about where you put them >.> I guess you could just store those carts in a chest or something if you wanted. I've lost a few carts to animal hijacking before, forcing me to make a new cart just to find out that they bailed out halfway between stations and I ram into my old cart on the way there >.<

In other news, my mob trap pit is now down to bedrock. Gonna start doing branch mines to see if I can find some diamonds, plus I hit a second lava flow that I'm slowly converting into more obsidian. I'll post a pic of my results for ore digging up this pit after. I'm quite surprised at how much one can find :P Went from 84 diamonds stockpiled to 6, though. Plus I dug up some more diamonds that I've been storing separately from my original stock.

Link_Olaran.png

I'm sort of disappointed about the biomes, as I've loaded so much of my map now that it will be a long journey to find another biome, since he doesn't change any of the ones you've already explored. At least the portals will make long journeys easier.

If you feel like you have to do something about that, you can use programs like [MCEdit] or [MC Map Deleter/Pine Tree Generator] to remove specific chunks from your world, so that you could regenerate the chunks once the biomes update has been released.

Dear lord. I've just encountered an absolutely huge mob spawning dungeon. In 5 minutes I encountered at least 10 hotstile mobs. :ohnoes:

In other news, started work on a tower. Should be fun. :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Still 4 days to go. :(

Should be great!

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I tried digging down deep in the mine areas for these special ores.

Fell in lava and died. >.< Where do I find this gold ore and special stuff people find?

My world has a ridiculous amount of iron. Not really sure what to do with it yet. A mine cart system wouldn't help me right now.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Me and a bunch of friend created a sort of Amsterdam on a server :D

after a while it kinda died, and when i logged int othe server today:

mnecraftwtc2.png

Someone built a model of the Twin Towers o.O

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Link, I'd use the booster idea, but at the moment my iron store is depleted. I've got 64 tracks, and could potentially do the boosters, but my tunnel is too long. ^_^

-Random Youtuber

Me and a bunch of friend created a sort of Amsterdam on a server :D

after a while it kinda died, and when i logged int othe server today:

mnecraftwtc2.png

Someone built a model of the Twin Towers o.O

Brb, making a minecart cannon.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Finally finished digging the pit for the mob trap, started to build the floors now. Can't say for sure just how much ore I have collected, but I know it's a lot >.> at least 3-4 stacks of iron, I know that for sure.

Slow going building the tower, though. Since the collection canal isn't included in the blueprint on the topic for the trap, I had to download the save and build it by eye, which was annoying (look at one part, count blocks, switch out of the finished tower save to my save, build, recheck, proceed to next part, etc etc). Still, up by... dunno how many floors exactly. Not bothering to count, might make me depressed to see how far I have to go >.>

Took a quick adventure around to gather sand first, though. Probably have enough for... 4-5 stacks of tnt, which is good. I also made a diamond shovel which I'll devote to sand harvesting. Maybe a waste of a diamond, but then again... that shovel = 1025 sand blocks. 1025 sand blocks = 256 blocks of tnt >.> that could be a very, very large mine, far more than a diamond pick could probably dig up... (diamond pick is 1025 blocks worth of mining, 256 blocks of tnt... assuming a 3x3x3 block is blown out per tnt block, that'd be... 6912 blocks blown out, making that shovel save me... 7 picks, 21 diamonds? o.o)

Guess it is worth it. Note, never did the math till just now. Heh, I should wire up a tnt trap or something for lols.

After I get the tnt I want, I'm going mining for a bit, then maybe starting a new world again for a little bit of a break. Probably seriously try a winter world this time, should be... difficult.

And Maze, gold/diamond/redstone is only available really deep down, so you'll have to either dig a mineshaft down to bedrock and mine outward from there, or try to find a cave system that goes down that deep/nearly that deep and mine the rest of the way, and search from there. Gold doesn't have much practical use right now though, armor/tools made from gold only have the same amount of uses as wood, if I recall. Of course, there's the golden apple (heals 10 hearts), but that requires 8 blocks (72 gold ore) and an apple (which can only be found in dungeons, which can be rare to find to begin with), so... stick with hunting for diamonds, but diamonds and lava tend to go together, they're both found in the same area in terms of depth, so be careful and bring a bucket of water if you can, otherwise keep a stack of blocks to block off the lava flows if possible. Redstone is good too, if you want to build stuff with circuits and such, but that's complex enough that I won't even touch it, lol >.<

Right, back to building for me. Got a ways to go just to get back to sea level, then up to skyline... should have more than enough cobblestone, though.

Link_Olaran.png

Apparently diamonds are found up to 6 layers above lava:

crossection.png

-Random Youtuber

[spoiler=Large Pics]I've been building a castle in the sky. It's made of cobblestone because I'm too lazy to collect enough coal to burn it all.

mc1.png

You'll notice I left the dirt pillar up to it, with ladders. That will be removed eventually. I'll also probably build some sort of dirt structure on the bottom. Also, something wierd happened with the water on the left (near the dirt pillar) when I was moving it around, so now there are random flows (with no flow blocks) that start halfway down. I'll have to fill in those areas with dirt, then remove the dirt.

mc2.png

This is the view from the walls of the castle. My spawn point is down on that beach, my spawn base was where all those burning trees are (it was wood, I accidentally burned it down). There's a little dirt house near there that goes underwater, and I have a room underwater that I'm using as a new base. It also connects by an underground path to my underwater glass house, which I don't think is in the picture. You'll notice a bunch of random holes all around the beach - that's what happens when you build a bunch of mines close together. Every time I go in, I get lost, and end up digging a new tunnel to the surface.

Also, farther away you can see the bridge and entrance to another base of mine.

map1-normal-day.png

There's my main world. The castle is pretty much in the center, then west of it is the view in pic 2. Further west you can see my old base, with the lava on top. Also, to the east is the area I explored when I first made a boat. There are random torches and towers around because I got lost and had to make some sort of reference to figure out the way back.

I've got no idea why it goes so far north. I can't remember ever going up there.

Got nearly 15 floors of the mob tower built so far, bedrock up to sea level. Funny story, though...

Just when I got the floor just under sea level built, was starting on the outer edge of the next one up, and a pig drops down onto the part I was building and stares at me for a second. I watch it for a sec, and it jumps down onto the floor I was on. I went about building the rest of the floor, and as I was near the edge of the floor I was standing on, that damned pig started pushing me right towards the edge. It didn't just bump into me, it was pushing me right towards the edge. Amidst swearing at the pig, I start punching it and knock it right off the edge it nearly pushed me off of. Damned hijacking animals are turning into assassins now... >_>

I'm keeping my eyes open for every animal that comes near me now. Seriously, I was right on the edge and that pig almost knocked me right off >.<

Anyway, gonna build a few more floors and cut it short. Considering 30 ish floors is 11.5k items/hr, my 15 floors should be at least half that, which is more than enough for my purposes.

Once it's built and I've stockpiled a fair amount of gunpowder for tnt, I'll start wandering and looking for clay, just because. I enjoy the exploring aspect, honestly.

EDIT: Yep, this be karma alright. Right after I post this, I fall into the mob tower and die horribly from the fall, trying to get a ladder piece I just knocked down since I placed it in the wrong spot. Then I find out my carts at my spawn point station are gone (either due to animal hijacking or failure to stockpile there on my part), so I had to run to the island station further ahead and try to cart from there to the tower. Missed the first cart due to lag and it hitting the booster before I got in, then I go get another one, and hit the same cart (I think) on the way there and start going in reverse...

All in all, I made it back in time. I did learn something though, my collection canal works perfectly, lmao. All my stuff ended up right there next to the chests.

Link_Olaran.png

This game is frustrating me. Every time I get ready to leave with a good supply of iron I die somehow. Really puts me off from playing this game.

Pro tip: Play on Peaceful mode.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

This game is frustrating me. Every time I get ready to leave with a good supply of iron I die somehow. Really puts me off from playing this game.

Peaceful doesn't save you from lava, and besides, then you cant make TNT.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I think I've got this game down.

I made a nice fort near my spawn, and my world is RICH with coal. So, I just mine around in the deep underground in hopes for redstone. :P

Really fun game.

Peaceful doesn't save you from lava, and besides, then you cant make TNT.

Mine a 2-by-1 shaft so that you never mine the ground from under yourself, and you shouldn't have to worry about lava. Bring a bucket of water. You regenerate health much faster on peaceful, and take less fall damage. For TNT, fighting creepers is dumb anyways. Make a mob trap instead.

I think I've got this game down.

I made a nice fort near my spawn, and my world is RICH with coal. So, I just mine around in the deep underground in hopes for redstone. :P

Really fun game.

It gets old.

It will be frustrating for a while, and then fun, and then it will get boring. I almost never die anymore.

Just a few general tips: mine down to bedrock level, then count up about 11-15 block up. Then mine there. Dig out a long 2x1 shaft, then make 2x1 shafts branching off from it spaced 2-3 blocks from each other.

At that depth, there should be less lava. Less diamonds, but trust me there's way too much lava down near bedrock.

Also it pays to explore caves slowly and meticulously e.g blocking off dead end paths at the junctions. You're much more likely to die if you wander aimlessly in caves.

Been playing mostly on a server that a friend plays on. The other people make it more fun.

In my time on the server I've created a few things but this is one my favorites:

[hide=The man, not the castle]mudman.png[/hide]

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

Would this work as a mob tower?

Building a 48 block high tower with 12 floors, with a 2x2 square in the middle. Mobs fall down the hole and die from fall damage.

Profit?

-Random Youtuber