You can't block Facebook's CEO on Facebook

silver_wits

What does OT think?

Facebook is no stranger to controversy when it comes to user privacy. Most recently, the social networking site has been drawing flak over a new app that allows other users to broadcast your whereabouts.

Still,

users had been able to execute the most basic sort of privacy controls

on Facebook accounts: the ability to prevent other users of the service

from accessing your profile. On the left side of any Facebook page you

visit is a widget that reads, "Report/block this person."

So if you have, say, a stalkerish ex-boyfriend you suspect is using Facebook to keep tabs on your life, you can block him.

But

here, too, Facebook has a revealing loophole. If your unwanted follower

happens to be Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, you're just out of luck.

Zuckerberg is the only person on Facebook who can't be blocked from viewing your photos or personal information, TechCrunch reports.

Based on an interview that Gawker's Adrian Chen did with the anonymous founder of BlockZuck.com

- a site devoted to encouraging people to block Zuckerberg on Facebook

in mock protest of the site's privacy policies - it had formerly been

possible to block Zuckerberg. But no longer. Perhaps in response to the

BlockZuck mobilization, Zuckerberg has become something of a Facebook

Ninja. He could be lurking on your Facebook page right now - and there's

nothing you can do about it.

Needless to say, tech bloggers are

none too pleased with this discovery. As TechCrunch's Jack McKenna

writes, "It's time for this company to go through puberty and start

acting more like a teenager than a fifth grader. If you want to block

Zuckerberg, you should be able to block Zuckerberg."

tech_intel-193917742-1282662514.jpg?ymyRXqDDgzPLLCuJ

(Photo: AP/Tony Avelar)

link via:

http://ca.tech.yahoo.com/blogs/ereviews/rss/article/4689

Facebook users ARE using HIS servers, money, and invention. Don't like it? Get out.

You use the internet at your risk.

The internet is not a right, it's a privilege. Enough with all these "privacy" [cabbage].

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Facebook users ARE using HIS servers, money, and invention. Don't like it? Get out.

The internet is not a right, it's a privilege. Enough with all these "privacy" [cabbage].

Perhaps.. but think about it.. he makes money off facebook by the ads and appliations...

Perhaps.. but think about it.. he makes money off facebook by the ads and appliations...

But you don't pay [cabbage].

I hate to mention this on OT, but its like RuneScape accounts in their Terms and Conditions Agreement. It's not your account, it's theirs.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's his, like Giordano said. Even if you did block him, I'm sure he could go into the servers and look at the info there anyway.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It's his, like Giordano said. Even if you did block him, I'm sure he could go into the servers and look at the info there anyway.

And shut down your account. Ohmygod where mah lieks went?!

siggy3s.jpg

They explained this, actually. So many people blocked him that no one can block him anymore.

This error isnt specific to any one account. Its generated when a person has been blocked a certain large number of times. In very rare instances, a viral campaign will develop instructing lots of people to all wrongly block the same person. The purpose of this system is to protect the experience for people targeted by these campaigns. Were constantly working to improve our systems and are taking a closer look at this one.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

I don't see a problem with this personally, it's like adding a Jagex Moderator to ignore. If they happen to block every Facebook moderator or administrator they could do anything they want, can't they?

j0xPu5R.png

Who wants to block him anyways? It's not like any of us know him.

This.

I don't see the big deal. There are what, hundreds of millions of facebook users? Why try to convince people that of all of the celebrities, politicians, etc. That he could be abusing his power on, he'd personally stalk you?

But you don't pay [cabbage].

I hate to mention this on OT, but its like RuneScape accounts in their Terms and Conditions Agreement. It's not your account, it's theirs.

I couldn't agree more.

I wish I was that guy. He probably has free access to so many people's profiles.

A multi millionaire CEO, wasting tine by browsing at random peoples profiles...

Back in the day when only 12 colleges were allowed to facebook, and they required you to have a verified email address with the university's domain ... those were the days. You didn't have to worry about some random creeper halfway across America getting hold of your information, you didn't have to worry about facebook selling your information.

These social networking sites are like blisters... one pops and another fills to take its place. I think I'll delete my profile soon...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

OMG YOU GUYS! Andrew Gower has access to our Runescapian Bank and Pin numbers!!! He also has access to our passwords and our playing history!!! LIEK WTF?!?!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

lol who cares? you think facebook devs don't have access to your profile?

it's one of the things you give up when you checked that little box agreeing with their ToS

Exactly :-D

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I hate to break it to you guys, but I'd bet Das can read your private messages on Tip.it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]