Most Wanted Sequels

Dupin

I'm surprised a thread like this doesn't already exist. If it does, and I just didn't see it in the search or the first few pages, feel free to lock this.

The video game and movie industries are infamous for milking any successful idea dry, eventually creating so many sequels that even the fanboys can't keep track of them all. However, there are a few titles that were never fully developed, or were abandoned too early. This thread is for discussing those games that always left you wanting more.

The Question: Which games do you feel never got the sequels they deserved?

You can discuss movie sequels as well, although it's sort of the wrong forum.

Mine:

Sly 4 - One of the best series ever, but it seems the developers moved on to newer stuff. There's some collector's pack of the first three games coming out, but it's not a sequel. There has been no information on whether or not a sequel will be made.

Battlefront 3 - I'm probably getting too old for games like these, but Battlefront was my first FPS, and BF2 was probably my favorite FPS for the PS2. There have been sequels, but I think they were mostly for handheld stuff. Apparently BF3 was being developed, but got scrapped for some reason.

For movies, I look forward to the next in the Dark Knight series, and and Inception sequel could be interesting.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a sequel, but the source engine needs a big upgrade at some point soon. It has occasional smaller updates to it to keep it almost up to date, but Imo valve need to do something big and mind blowing to the engine just as it was when it was first released. Super water physics, bullet physics or something like those that can change games just as much as the physics currently in the engine would be good. It would also mean we could finally get a new counter strike game.

I would love a HD carmageddon game. Blood and guts were great in 1998 for Carma 2, but they would be glorious now.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Always wanted for there to be a sequal to the game Legend of Dragoon.

There was even a pettition a while ago asking for the company to make another. There were some really good ideas for a sequal posted on their website

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Yeah Battlefront 3 would be great, I think they were talking about it but then it just turned out to be some crappy PSP spin off or something or they made that Lord of the Rings Conquest game instead.

A sequel to CoD4 made by the company that all the Infinity Ward employees joined would be amazing if they can sort out the legal issues.

A Resident Evil 5 with an option to play completely alone, or a RE6 with that option.

Rome Total War 2 would be good as well as a new "Total Warrior" which I'm surprised was never made into a series. Also a new Star Wars Rogue Squadron maybe, and a sequel to Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.

A new Age of Empires going back to the gameplay of the 1st and 2nd would be pretty awesome.

I still want another decent Jak game, X was horrible and I'm scared to even try the Lost Frontier from the looks and reviews.

But noooo! Naughty Dog just had to go do Uncharted.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I still want another decent Jak game, X was horrible and I'm scared to even try the Lost Frontier from the looks and reviews.

And funnily enough... ended being one of the best series ever!

I want a sequel to Big Rigs Over the Road Racing...

lampost_sig_stark.png

And funnily enough... ended being one of the best series ever!

I want a sequel to Big Rigs Over the Road Racing...

Who doesn't? That game is epic.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

A real sequel to the old Jak and Daxter series would be great. I haven't been following the series much, but from what I heard it's been sorta lame - nothing really in the style of the original three.

Kingdom Hearts 3 would be awesome too, although that's one I may have grown out of.

I like how most of the games I used to play on the PS2 have been mentioned here. Games these days just can't compete with series like Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Kingdom Hearts.

The real problem may be that my newest console is the Wii, which doesn't really have any good stories.

I think the main point of this topic is games that are old that should have a sequal. Shadow of the Colossus is coming out on ps3 btw with updated 3d graphics. Kingdom Hearts 3 is already confirmed to be coming out at some point, most of these posts are games that are already confirmed or are being in the works to coming out :unsure: On topic, I would really love to see a Legend of Dragoon(2000) sequal, but doesn't seem likely :angry:

Dakr06.png

On topic, I would really love to see a Legend of Dragoon(2000) sequal, but doesn't seem likely

We can dream.

I can actually see it work quite well for the wii. Have controler movements be used for attack combos instead of just button clicks...

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I cant play them anymore, due to the fact I don't own the system (PS3) but Sly 4 would be awesome to have. Another one would be Grand Turismo 5. A few I could buy is Ace Combat 7, and one that is coming out next week is Front Mission Evolved. So happy for this :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]