12-Oct-2010 - Charm Sprite Hunting

Michael

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29ql1d2.jpg

owhat

At least they thought about blocking the spell above a certain level to counter the free exp...

Charm Sprites: well, if you still need to train Summoning, this could be a nice way to train Hunter. It would be better if either the sprites ALWAYS gave a charm slice, or if the amount of slices per charm was lowered.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Regarding make-x no longer working with a BoB.....

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know people were training like that. It wasn't even meant to be possible for you to get items from your BOB while the offer-X loop was in progress; this may have cropped up as a bug during an engine change to the way those loops work.

I'm really sorry about that.

Basically confirms everything that I've ever thought about the developers.

So you cant make-x with BoBs anymore?

Are you [bleep]ing kidding me Jagex?

I have an assload of d bones left to do how dare you -.- :thumbdown:

"I didn't know people were training like that."

Shows how much Jagex knows about how to play their own game :wall:

Im am soooooooo glad I got 99 Prayer last weekend. :P

29ql1d2.jpg

owhat

oyes please have them do this with the other low level spells [after say 500 casts?] gf afkers?

sorry, to clarify, you only get the message after killing a npc. you get the same msg with the slingshot too.

which is a shame :(

To be perfectly honest, I didn't know people were training like that. It wasn't even meant to be possible for you to get items from your BOB while the offer-X loop was in progress; this may have cropped up as a bug during an engine change to the way those loops work.

It's not a bug, it's a feature. But, yeah, where has Mod Ash been the last 2 years? That was one of the best parts of constructing flatpacks/gilded altar offerings with a BoB.

imevil.jpg

Charm Sprites: well, if you still need to train Summoning, this could be a nice way to train Hunter. It would be better if either the sprites ALWAYS gave a charm slice, or if the amount of slices per charm was lowered.

Charm sprites do always give a charm slice, it's just that it can be one of four colours. It just takes too many slices per charm to be even a halfway decent method of collecting charms (or even very helpful in collecting charms at all). It's not super unbalanced, but it could be much better without making it overpowered; if it were even lowered to five slices per charm with would be more viable (although I think ideally it would be more like two or three slices per charm). It still wouldn't compete with most combat options for collecting charms, but it would be a decent compromise in hunter xp/hour and charms/hour for someone interested in getting both at the same time.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Logged in at rex, and none of the spinolyps were attacking me! (look at my sig, managed all those kills + 10 more without using any brew sips, just 10 titan scrolls xD

Ill try and get a pic if it hasnt been fixed

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Charm sprites do always give a charm slice, it's just that it can be one of four colours. It just takes too many slices per charm to be even a halfway decent method of collecting charms (or even very helpful in collecting charms at all). It's not super unbalanced, but it could be much better without making it overpowered; if it were even lowered to five slices per charm with would be more viable (although I think ideally it would be more like two or three slices per charm). It still wouldn't compete with most combat options for collecting charms, but it would be a decent compromise in hunter xp/hour and charms/hour for someone interested in getting both at the same time.

Wrong.

They do NOT always give a charm slice.

I was getting slices at bout 3 slices per 5 captures.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I caught 205 sprites in about 35 mins

156 gleaelg = 20k xp

36 tranart = 7.2k xp

13 slithtils = 5.2k xp

32.4k xp, so I'd say about 60k per hour.. and I am sure its possible to be quite a bit more efficient as I was just getting the hang of it.

I got a total of 198 charm slices, so that is only 7 sprites I didn't get any charms slices from.

Not bad I'd say.

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

Wrong.

They do NOT always give a charm slice.

I was getting slices at bout 3 slices per 5 captures.

I stand corrected then. I didn't notice that the ratio of captures to slices was less than 1:1, but I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

4925608028_032fb6a619.jpg

Higher rarity = higher chance to get either of the four sprites.

Like this (gold/green/crimson/blue)

Common 60/30/20/10%

Uncommon 70/45/25/15%

Rare 80/50/50/20%

So let's say you catch a rare one, you have 40% chance you get a gold slice. If you don't get it, you have 50% chance of getting a green etc (or the other way around: 20% chance of getting blue, if you don't get it, 50% for crimson, if you don't get that one, 50% green, if you don't get that, 80% for gold.)

But that is just something I assume of course. It will probably be something entirely else <_<

Exp for hunter is not really something for which I would give up a faster method though, except if the amount of slices required goes down.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Im finding charm sprite hunting really fun. :P

Its by far no place to go unless you want hunter exp with a few charms though.

If you only want charms, stick to the old methods.

I got a hunter rock from sprites so shattered hearts is included, I got abit bored concidering you spam click and it takes 10 shards for a charm :shock:

Most I had was 3 sprites from 1 shard thing from about 10 mins of doing it

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Im finding charm sprite hunting really fun. :P

Its by far no place to go unless you want hunter exp with a few charms though.

If you only want charms, stick to the old methods.

Me too! :) I don't very often play anymore, but nice things like this are what I log on for. We'll see if I still feel like that in a while, but I think the overall feel of it's pretty good. :thumbup:

So you cant make-x with BoBs anymore?

Are you [bleep]ing kidding me Jagex?

I have an assload of d bones left to do how dare you -.- :thumbdown:

"I didn't know people were training like that."

Shows how much Jagex knows about how to play their own game :wall:

This. Sums up WTF jagex knows about RS. Way to blow jagex. Way to blow.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I don't get the above rant. It was never meant to be able to happen and should have cancelled out the actions being taken by the player.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't get the above rant. It was never meant to be able to happen and should have cancelled out the actions being taken by the player.

It's not about the bug, rather jagex not being aware of it. It's their game, afterall. Don't they even bother to read the forums or anything?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's not about the bug, rather jagex not being aware of it. It's their game, afterall. Don't they even bother to read the forums or anything?

Well they know now do they not? I personally did not know of it, granted I have not played the game in a while, but I read forums often. Maybe Jagex had not trained prayer with a BoB or had not found out about it while playing themselves? Is it often discussed at prayer training locations?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Well they know now do they not? I personally did not know of it, granted I have not played the game in a while, but I read forums often. Maybe Jagex had not trained prayer with a BoB or had not found out about it while playing themselves? Is it often discussed at prayer training locations?

Know what? That alot of people abused a bug for years that they never knew about? wow, that's great. Jagex should be on the top of things, and as this method has been discussed alot(and is even included in some guides, etc) it's pitiful that they should say that they never knew about it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.