12-Oct-2010 - Charm Sprite Hunting

Michael

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the above rant. It was never meant to be able to happen and should have cancelled out the actions being taken by the player.

It's not about the bug, rather jagex not being aware of it. It's their game, afterall. Don't they even bother to read the forums or anything?

Well they know now do they not? I personally did not know of it, granted I have not played the game in a while, but I read forums often. Maybe Jagex had not trained prayer with a BoB or had not found out about it while playing themselves? Is it often discussed at prayer training locations?

Know what? That alot of people abused a bug for years that they never knew about? wow, that's great. Jagex should be on the top of things, and as this method has been discussed alot(and is even included in some guides, etc) it's pitiful that they should say that they never knew about it.

Do you know how large this game is? Do you know how many Mods actually work on the code for the game and who could notice this? Admittedly, many Mods may play the game, but we can guess now that either very few of them have trained prayer recently or they just did not know of the method while they trained. If it had been reported as a bug, using the system Jagex want us to use, and then not been changed then I would be disappointed, but ranting because they did not find it themselves right away is absurd. If you gathered a couple of hundred random players, you would have a chance of them not knowing about it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

if this had only been around for a few weeks, i would agree with you danq.

but this has been around for like a year, so i think it is pretty absurd that jagex was not aware of this

i'm not really mad: i already have 99 prayer. but i kinda feel bad for all those who don't, it'll be a little bit more inconvenient.

I think you guys are forgetting that this was ONE jmod saying he didn't know about it. I bet if they asked around their office some would know of it.

Why would it get removed from the game then? I thought Jagex encouraged emergent gameplay.

I think you guys are forgetting that this was ONE jmod saying he didn't know about it. I bet if they asked around their office some would know of it.

Why would it get removed from the game then? I thought Jagex encouraged emergent gameplay.

I thought that they did everything in their power to hunt down and destroy emergent gameplay. How many times have we heard that they removed something because players weren't using it "as intended".

I thought that they did everything in their power to hunt down and destroy emergent gameplay. How many times have we heard that they removed something because players weren't using it "as intended".

That's a good point actually.

A large percentage don't play the game, they're just game designers making a living ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I am so sorry for you guys for losing 2 seconds of your precious time training prayer!

I personally had to BURY bones one by one for majority of my prayer 99.

I am so sorry for you guys for losing 2 seconds of your precious time training prayer!

I personally had to BURY bones one by one for majority of my prayer 99.

Way to go missing the point, pal. You aren't the only one who had to bury bones, anyway.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The Bob-x thing has been around for so long and I don't see it giving a massive unfair to people with bob's.. i mean they help enough as it is when smithing, offering bones or making flat-packs.. Jagex really need to start playing their own game and see the intelligent gameplay that some players have brought to the game.

Once again they fail. Miserably. :rolleyes:

asrhasrh.jpg

Spirit implings are better in every which way besides the hunter exp.

Even at 30 charms an hour with 20-25 being golds and greens this is quite negletiable compared to the extra cash and exp Grenwalls and Chinompas have to offer.

Its only worth something if your a summoning pure who for some odd reason also needs hunter exp.

What Bob-X the new shark brewing?

I love how evey bug in the game that appears in the last year or so that is removed is moaned about.

What I would like is that every time the dumb summons gets stuck on a corner and zaps to your new location that it doesn't interupt every single command including banking.

That costs me more time then some stupid bug that I never bothered to figure out.

Heres to not changing to Bob-X again. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I don't get the above rant. It was never meant to be able to happen and should have cancelled out the actions being taken by the player.

Its called emergent gameplay. I doubt jagex intended the yak to be used as a tool to make overloads faster (especially convenient when boosting the level). Or for conquest/MA to be boosted. Or any other instance in which the player thinks of a way to, within the rules, use something "outside the box". Simple as that.

And the point is more that Jagex seems to know SO little about how their players play the game, then anything else. I have NO doubt that, even with the same gear, I could outkill any J-mod at TD's, or DKS.

An example of a real bug that needs fixing is continuing to get the 10 second countdown after you die in PvP, and having it closeout your bank, or the numerous cores @ corp in FFA, or not being able to type into your note section when in combat.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Its called emergent gameplay. I doubt jagex intended the yak to be used as a tool to make overloads faster (especially convenient when boosting the level). Or for conquest/MA to be boosted. Or any other instance in which the player thinks of a way to, within the rules, use something "outside the box". Simple as that.

And the point is more that Jagex seems to know SO little about how their players play the game, then anything else. I have NO doubt that, even with the same gear, I could outkill any J-mod at TD's, or DKS.

An example of a real bug that needs fixing is continuing to get the 10 second countdown after you die in PvP, and having it closeout your bank, or the numerous cores @ corp in FFA, or not being able to type into your note section when in combat.

Can't J-Mod carry infinite food or something? I seem to remember a vid of a J-Mod fighting the Corporeal Beast in bronze armor. If the J-Mod is on a normal account, sure, but I don't think you can out kill someone with infinite healing. :D

Can't J-Mod carry infinite food or something? I seem to remember a vid of a J-Mod fighting the Corporeal Beast in bronze armor. If the J-Mod is on a normal account, sure, but I don't think you can out kill someone with infinite healing. :D

They may be able to heal more, but that doesn't matter. @ TDs unicorn is all I need. @ DKS I have a yak. I run out of overloads first.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

They may be able to heal more, but that doesn't matter. @ TDs unicorn is all I need. @ DKS I have a yak. I run out of overloads first.

Yea. But eventually you'll run out of unicorns. You can only carry so many unicorns, infinite is infinite. Also, seeing as we know J Mods can also set their own stats, I don't think it's at all impossible for a J Mod to give himself 255 all skills. So you're up against infinite food and Stone of Jas stats with whatever gear he wants. I don't think you can win that no matter how much better you are at it. J Mods are pretty much in debug mode so they can do whatever is possible for us players with a command and more.

Yea. But eventually you'll run out of unicorns. You can only carry so many unicorns, infinite is infinite. Also, seeing as we know J Mods can also set their own stats, I don't think it's at all impossible for a J Mod to give himself 255 all skills. So you're up against infinite food and Stone of Jas stats with whatever gear he wants. I don't think you can win that no matter how much better you are at it. J Mods are pretty much in debug mode so they can do whatever is possible for us players with a command and more.

That is true, I was talking about even stats and gear though lol.

Unless they gave me SoJ stats too...

Stonewall337.png

Have you sent bug reports about them?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you guys would actually read the thread that that was posted in you would know that they called it a legit method of training and are working on bringing it back. Mod Ash is just confused and is saying that it shouldnt have worked in the first place, but he will try to fix it so it will work again

Being a programming student right now, I can see how that might happen. :P But it's good that they're going to try and bring it back. :) I never trained much prayer for it to be useful for me, but it's not exactly a game-breaking advantage, it's just a nice convenience. :)

Blakdragon39.png

i'm not really mad: i already have 99 prayer. but i kinda feel bad for all those who don't, it'll be a little bit more inconvenient.

Same here. Though I guess they are bringing it back sometime or another apparently.

I think the charm rates from charm sprites are definitely very low... too low.

Agreed.