12-Oct-2010 - Charm Sprite Hunting

Michael

i'm not really mad: i already have 99 prayer. but i kinda feel bad for all those who don't, it'll be a little bit more inconvenient.

Same here. Though I guess they are bringing it back sometime or another apparently.

I think the charm rates from charm sprites are definitely very low... too low.

Agreed.

Yerah, as soon as i read the specifics of this, i instantly thought "useless update". if they just made it so that you get normal charms, then it might be worthwhile.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After trying the sprite hunting I actually like it, way more than I thought I would. In my opinion the charm rates are a little low, but I can't complain too much, since it's hunter xp that I'm after. I know it's not that fast for hunting xp either, but it is more fun than red salamanders.

Also, the sling and magic spell are AWESOME. :D I was messing with them on my noob account, great update.

35b9enp.jpg

I don't get the above rant. It was never meant to be able to happen and should have cancelled out the actions being taken by the player.

Its called emergent gameplay. I doubt jagex intended the yak to be used as a tool to make overloads faster (especially convenient when boosting the level). Or for conquest/MA to be boosted. Or any other instance in which the player thinks of a way to, within the rules, use something "outside the box". Simple as that.

And the point is more that Jagex seems to know SO little about how their players play the game, then anything else. I have NO doubt that, even with the same gear, I could outkill any J-mod at TD's, or DKS.

An example of a real bug that needs fixing is continuing to get the 10 second countdown after you die in PvP, and having it closeout your bank, or the numerous cores @ corp in FFA, or not being able to type into your note section when in combat.

Have you sent bug reports about them?

There was sarcasm there in "bug". Those are no more bugs then what jagex fixed, and yet they are actually something which slows one down, and are quite annoying. It would seem Jagex hates emergent gameplay.

BTW: Jagex doesn't do anything about bug reports. Years later I still know some not fixed.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Wow, the Make-X improvement is surprisingly polished and helpful. It's also good that low levels are now able to use mage and range without wasting time and money - this was one of the main gripes I had about the game when I started.

A bit disappointed about the charm rates, but oh well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe its just me but, did anyone else think that this was a going to be a "high end" hunter update because of the way they worded it?

i.e. Hunter's 72+

This in my mind meant that it would take 72 for the lowest thing and work up higher into say the 90's.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks different from what I've read so far.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

The new spell and sling should be useful for low levels, though personally I think that they should have rushes for all 4 elements, all at level 1 and all giving the same exp and damage. Just so, y'know, newbs can utilize all of their elemental runes to raise their level, at least before they get a staff.

Maybe its just me but, did anyone else think that this was a going to be a "high end" hunter update because of the way they worded it?

i.e. Hunter's 72+

This in my mind meant that it would take 72 for the lowest thing and work up higher into say the 90's.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks different from what I've read so far.

Nope, I knew from the outset that something as low as 72 hunter was bound to be worthless (else they'd have mentioned a higher requirement with 72 as the minimum); doubly so for me, since I already have 99 summoning.

Now... I guess I'll wait until November? Disappointing month -.-

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Is it kind of sad that the most amusing thing I've done on Runescape recently is run around 2-shotting goblins with the new sling? :???:

Not really. For some reason I enjoy slinging things, however sad that may be. :P

I blame it on the animation and the unlimited ammo.

Is it kind of sad that the most amusing thing I've done on Runescape recently is run around 2-shotting goblins with the new sling? :???:

Not really. For some reason I enjoy slinging things, however sad that may be. :P

I blame it on the animation and the unlimited ammo.

I did the same thing. It was pretty fun for the ten minutes I was on.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The new training method is fun, but it won't be popular for very long if it isn't rebalanced. The EXP rate is fair enough, but the charm accumulation rate is very low.

This will likely be a "hobby" tool for people, such as some other things like Trouble Brewing currently are. Could be a lot worse.

stormveritas.png

The reason why the charm rate is so low is because the rsof was flooded with people complaining about how having a non combat skill give a decent amount of charms would be a bad idea.

So don't complain to jagex about how low the charm rate is, the players wanted it that way after all :thumbdown:

Depending on how many charms I need for 99 sumoning when i'm done with slayer i might do this for a few hunt levels and the last of my charms since it is more fun then other hunting methodes and not to slow.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I think the charm sprite hunting update was quite fun, albeit not for the charms, for the average hunter exp and nice break from other alternative training methods.

The spell and range thing was a really nice addition. After all, melee have many weapons which are virtually indestructable, whereas magic and range need ammunition which disappears, so I think it was a brilliant addition.

I'm going to enjoy the new make all options. I haven't seen if it works for gold ore smelting, but if so, HUZZAH!! :razz:

2vuhgcn.png

On the low level improvements:

The slings are pretty fast, and at the strength of about bronze arrows they aren't bad training options for new players. No ammo to collect is always nice.

Kayle's Sling is a bit stronger, but no difference in speed was noticable in my minimal unscientific testing.

They also improved Caitlin's Staff (from the blood pact). Its +11 magic attack (better than +10 with the other elemental staves) and has +0.1 str higher (odd) in exchange for having one less defense in slash and magic defense. More notably, it now provides unlimited air runes (making it essentially a free and recoverable air staff).

I can see how the Make-X BOB thing wasn't intended originally as well, but it really should of been. If their philosophy is to streamline clicking (which it is, as evident with updates, including this one) they should fix this.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Albeit a bit annoying to have to figure out how to get the same effect of "make-x/takeBob" with the new make all box with a little patients and observation it was fairly easy, and in my opinion makes offering bones kinda easier.

Light burners and start offering bones like you would before, when you've got like 4-6 bones left in invy (personal preference) take from your Bob.

Before you stop automatically offering bones you have time to select use bone from one of the few bones you had left in your invy and use it on the altar.

Hit the giant (love it) make all button and you're good to go until you take the rest of your bones out of the Bob and repeat the re-offering. It's important to start the offering process again with a bone that was already in your invy when you took more from your Bob since for some reason if you use one you just took out, after a few bones you will stop and have to restart offering again.

yea you have to offer at least three bones and click go for a whole trip but if you know how to do it you won't be slowed down significantly, or run out your burners. Also no more typing in offer "222222" bones like before so that's a benefit for me, hated having to do that. I hope this helps some of you still training prayer like me. Any questions feel free to pm on forum.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Not sure if Kayle's sling is worth it to train f2p ranged on, since maple shortbows are more accurate.

But hey, at least I don't have to spend any money :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Not sure if Kayle's sling is worth it to train f2p ranged on, since maple shortbows are more accurate.

But hey, at least I don't have to spend any money :thumbup:

5K for 1,000 bronze arrows?

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

5K for 1,000 bronze arrows?

Which are pretty much unbuyable. xD

And yes I'm aware minotaurs mass drop iron arrows. But I kinda dislike picking up arrows while ranging, so yeah...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Iron arrows are just 10gp more expensive. And you don't pick up iron arrows, it's the whole point using them. If you pick up arrows, you're better off using addy. They break less and hit more.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12