If you could bring back one thing from the past what would it be?

They_Call_Me_Riley

The question: If you could bring back one item, feature, quest, ect from Runescape's past what would it be?

Personally, I would love the old wilderness back, if not that, than definitely the no trade limit. Granted I understand why changes were made to both, but I would still love to see them back.

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade limit for sure

:]

When Andrew was head of RS.

Or maybe something like this

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/list.ws

Look on page 15.

Updates almost every week, most of them adding something new to the game.

Eh, I would rather see more useful and direct serving updates compared to mass updates that serve no real purpose to the game. NOT saying thats what was done.

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

Agreed. I remember when I first started playing on RSC about a month after Runescape was launched. I didn't know for the life of me how to get anywhere. I remember I played for a month to save up 550 coins for a steel battle axe, which at the time, I thought was the best weapon ever! I miss those days.

I would bring back the consistently good updates that actually add game-changing content instead of D&D's I won't use or sprites that are heavily nerfed and don't provide any better training than another piece of content several levels under it in the same skill.

Honestly it annoys me more that they expect me to be excited about it than that they release it. It makes me nervous that they're taking this long for something like Myreque 5, because it's probably going to be a major disappointment when compared to the great updates they used to make several years ago. The Elf quest really ticked me off because I thought they were going to give us a refresher like Within the Light and then follow it up with something that actually progresses the story significantly. But instead we are left with a major cliffhanger that's not going to be released or even worked on for at least another year... :unsure:

free trade and old graphics.

I don't know, I am kind of fond of some of the new graphics. I just played on rsc for the first time in awhile and was frustrated with the graphics however at the same time reminiscing in memories about the 'glory days'. If not one of things I previously stated, I would bring back some of the older skill cape emotes.

Ther is such a thing as old graphics. It is called safe mode.

I ment runetek3. Where everything had blocky graphics and some items looked larger rather then shriveled.

Not to mention the item sprites looked cooler. Like the chainbodies and some barrow sets.

I think Zaaps pretty much nailed it. We all say we miss "the good ole days" back when we had trade or this and that. But regardless, the big thing is when we first started. That feeling of the game being so huge. Not knowing what would be around the corner. I, myself, am a classic baby as well. I remember playing with my friends back then before I knew about guides. Everything was new. We shared our big secrets with each other and each day was fun. You'd discover knew things every time you logged in. Now, I basically know the game in an out and if I don't, I just go check tip.it guide and pick up what I need from the GE. We've gotten spoiled :/

Ther is such a thing as old graphics. It is called safe mode.

Safe mode doesn't get rid of my knees....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I agree, being a noob back before trade limit and all that was a blast.

Tylers_Leet.png

Free trade, scamming, luring. (Those were fun, when RS was actually dangerous)

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Go play Eve Online if you want dev-sanctioned scamming. Jagex has never had any tolerance for that trash in this game.

Also: Scamming and luring doesn't make a game "dangerous," it just allows internet tough guys to prey on children and those who don't know much about the game, often abusing a bug or oversight somewhere in the process. Scamming stopped being interesting around the time you couldn't post a single sale thread on the forums for an expensive item without every response being "Yo meet me north of edgeville, I'll pay you double what you're asking"

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Me_Hate_Libs....

But seriously, removing trade limit would be amazing.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Lol, I think the really fun part of that was when I had wised up to the luring... I had somewhat good smithing, so I'd make some crappy armor. Then wait for those tell tale Black Platebodies or whatever just North of Edgeville and suicide for it :thumbsup:

ahh good times, good times...

Yea, I'd bring back that noobiness I once had if I could. I miss the adventure.

mbtz.jpg

Do keep a level head my friend,

in times when Danger rears its head

Against excessive joy defend,

O, my comrade doomed to die.

Arigorn_380.png

ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

I've never met a community so wrapped up in the past and nostalgia like the Runescape community is.

Talk to a war vet.. Or people that were good at high school football and then done nothing else with their lives. Guess they might not be communities though...

Anyway, I'd like duel anywhere. Or free trade.

35b9enp.jpg

I've never met a community so wrapped up in the past and nostalgia like the Runescape community is.

Talk to a war vet.. Or people that were good at high school football and then done nothing else with their lives. Guess they might not be communities though...

Anyway, I'd like duel anywhere. Or free trade.

MAN! I had totally forgot about Duel anywhere. I remember being in Karajama Volcano fighting lessers are level 45 ish (after getting protect from melee). After scoring a rune med or running low on prayer, have someone duel you, unequip all your items and free trip to Lumby. Best teleport in the game it was ;D

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I think this topic would be better if you couldn't include old wilde of free trade, because 90% of the responses will probably be one of those two....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.