If you could bring back one thing from the past what would it be?

They_Call_Me_Riley

Before skillcapes, ivy, lrc and effigies. They drive me up the wall when all I hear are people talking about how they're going to the lrc to mine a billion gold ore in 4 hours to get 99 mining the skillcape they've been dreaming of for months. They don't even like the bloody skill and they're barely gunna mine after they get it soo what's the point?Romeo, Juliet and her father. They were an important part of Rs imo.Some of the old emotes (mime emotion in particular)When Lumby wasn't filled with Lumbridge guards attacking goblins and people needing jobs and there weren't barriers to protect every single player who wanders out of there.Back when you chose your Rs name that's it. There is no changing it every month.

I completely agree with this, the jobs I don't mind too much. I remember in the good old days of no trade limits I used to hand out jobs to my "minions" such as, 'by the end of the day I want 100 oak logs from you and I will give you 1k'

It was also always funny watching low level players fail at trying the scam, Only once did I have to step into some poor gullible player who was just about to press F4 and loose his mithril. I did, however, nearly fall for the 'spinach role' scam myself. (player saying it was worth 100k each)

My personal worst fail was when I was in the mid 30's for combat, my mate gave me Zammy full rune, as a b'day present. I, not knowing the full wealth of it, was tricked into trading it for full skele... i was a lil upset at the time but it was all part of growing up in Runescape.

user1-dark.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old graphics, old scim/long designs, old hp, many other things.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Lumby jobs. I want my 20k exp lamps! :o

What Squareroot2 said is also something I miss.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

Agreed. I remember when I first started playing on RSC about a month after Runescape was launched. I didn't know for the life of me how to get anywhere. I remember I played for a month to save up 550 coins for a steel battle axe, which at the time, I thought was the best weapon ever! I miss those days.

Good old days, trading dropped raw fish from Karajama to the Port Sarim fishing shop to get money for a battle axe in the same town.

Rohanlord.png

Notable solo drops: x3 Bandos boots, x2 Dragonic Visage, x2 Bandos Tassets, x1 Bandos Hilt, x1 Bandos Chestplate

General Stores, the way they used to be. I actually had quit runescape for the longest time (not really quit, had no time to play) until recently and when i passed by a general store and stopped in and opened it up to see what was there forgetting what they did to them. I loved going through them and finding a little treasure for the day at a not so bad price. That and the old trade hubs like Seer's bank, i pass by there and its empty and hollow when it used to be so full of life.

cool_sig1.jpg

Profitable herblore > AKA > Pker's who need pots > AKA the old wildy > *sniff*

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

General Stores, the way they used to be. I actually had quit runescape for the longest time (not really quit, had no time to play) until recently and when i passed by a general store and stopped in and opened it up to see what was there forgetting what they did to them. I loved going through them and finding a little treasure for the day at a not so bad price. That and the old trade hubs like Seer's bank, i pass by there and its empty and hollow when it used to be so full of life.

Definitely agree with this. They were like miniature antiques shops. You could find the best bargains and little items people had dumped in there.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the title. Rather than what I would want to bring from the past, I would rather put myself back there -- when I first began. Just earlier when I logged on it was a pleasure to think of what it used to be, how amazing everything was and the complete awe one felt when traveling to places you've never been. What we all can't wait to get past, we long to have back.

To add to the above post; the General Store. It was so amazing. I remember going from the bank to there with my money in-hand, waiting to snatch any gems (When I was a F2p'er several years ago) as they were thrown in. It was like fastest finger first, and nice things were often thrown in and grabbed immediately.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

if there's one thing in the past i'd want now, it would be:

NO 99 CAPES.

back then, everyone played for fun. now, it's a grind fest.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

if there's one thing in the past i'd want now, it would be:

NO 99 CAPES.

back then, everyone played for fun. now, it's a grind fest.

THIS.

As awesome as the capes are, I think they may just be too awesome. Everyone wants them, and will grind endlessly to have them.

Before the capes, 99s were more or less pointless. Only the hardcore players would ever go beyond the highest useful level.

Free trade. The removal of free trade also removed a great deal of the social interaction in the game. There's no point in a player run company anymore, thanks to the Grand Exchange. There also aren't any communities of sellers that would congregate in different places. At this point, you either go to the GE (market price) or World 2 (street price) if you want to buy things. There's no more gift giving either. The thrill of finding some cool items in a shop or on the ground is gone.

It was necessary for it to go, but I still miss it.

Oddment1.png

I remember back when I started playing, this game was more about having fun, rather than who had the highest levels etc. That was nice, but it was a good 5 years ago, so lots has changed.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche