If you could bring back one thing from the past what would it be?

They_Call_Me_Riley

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+100 @langer

also:

no stupid x options that make things slower

the wildy bone yard

the wildy for that matter

abyss pkers :)

LAW RUNNING WORLD 66! SERIOUSLY. There's no reason they can't make a trade limit exception for certain items in certain map areas.

other rune running in general

rcing nats being able to make money

dragon items being worth a lot.

deflation. a lot of it.

fally world 2.

varrock world 1.

romeo and juliet.

the old jad.

the old cwars armor that looked different and people could recognize it apart from other stuff.

the original cwars!

sheep shearer :)

the only official rs poll that they don't have in the poll archive :)

tutorial island - the original

the old mining animation

the old teleport animation - agreed

Interesting reply's guys/girls. I have read every single one and I am in agreement with most of them. The time before grand exchange is a big one in my eyes, as well as free trade. I wouldn't want to bring back rares or any of those types of items, because then it would make them less meaningful to those of us that were around when they were released. Keep up the ideas, I look forwarded to seeing what else people might have to say :)

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

Unrealistic: Free trade

Realistic: Unbelievably, no one has mentioned this yet: Things automatically dropping when your inventory gets full. Would make so many skills less irritating

tbh free trade is more realistic then automatic dropping coming back.

That would make things too easy

If dropping is the only thing making a skill hard i think its the skill that needs fixing.

O.O

Realistic: Unbelievably, no one has mentioned this yet: Things automatically dropping when your inventory gets full. Would make so many skills less irritating

If dropping is the only thing making a skill hard i think its the skill that needs fixing.

I couldn't agree more. I've been saying the exact same sentence for years, but neither Jagex nor the Runescape community will admit that it's poor game design to make a skill "difficult" simply by annoying the player and making it inconvenient to drop materials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

the day a got membership. i have my resons.

the day i killed elvarg. so i can shove it in her face one last time. also show of my stack of green d hides :twisted:

the day the ge came out. spesificly, not the day after the ge came out (that was not nice <_< )

the month i did shield of arav. becouse this time i know the that %&*$ im doing.

and last, but most of all, the days when i could do all the intresting quests.

ahh thouse where teh days.

oh, and not free trade.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

Same =\

It would be nice to go back to being a level 3, without knowing ANYTHING about the game. Just wanting to explore and have fun.

But then again, i kinda wish i could go back to the time where i ran like a robot, didn't hold my sword like a idiot, and my max hit was 25(Maybe 3ish years ago?). But still knowing what i know now. I could make all sorts of epic investments >:3

But, instead of looking what i want to go back to, I'll go OT and look at what i want to bring back...

Actually, i want to somehow create and place a tactical nuke right in the middle of the GE, blowing it from all existence. I miss standing in W2 fally park for hours on end >:|

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I couldn't agree more. I've been saying the exact same sentence for years, but neither Jagex nor the Runescape community will admit that it's poor game design to make a skill "difficult" simply by annoying the player and making it inconvenient to drop materials.

Admittedly, it would be hard to fix.

Too many skills are like this at this point.

O.O

This is a poorly designed game, theres no arguement there. Between illogical map features (a fence seperates the vast farmlands of lumbridge from the desert), terrible scale (i guess that relates to the map) its really a patchwork game.

I guess thats the result of not having a plan for 10 years down the line. The game play is exactly the same problem, runescape was never meant to be as big as it is now, no one in the earliest days couldve anticipated this.

Agreed. You pretty much explained my feelings to the letter. :thumbup:

One of the reasons why i'm looking forward to Stellar Dawn is to see what Jagex can do with an MMO that has high planning and production values right off the bat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

RS classic days.

They're still there. You can make a classic account during one of the "open" days and continue to use it on the classic servers. I believe only 1 world is off limits.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Before skillcapes, ivy, lrc and effigies. They drive me up the wall when all I hear are people talking about how they're going to the lrc to mine a billion gold ore in 4 hours to get 99 mining the skillcape they've been dreaming of for months. They don't even like the bloody skill and they're barely gunna mine after they get it soo what's the point?

Romeo, Juliet and her father. They were an important part of Rs imo.

Some of the old emotes (mime emotion in particular)

When Lumby wasn't filled with Lumbridge guards attacking goblins and people needing jobs and there weren't barriers to protect every single player who wanders out of there.

Back when you chose your Rs name that's it. There is no changing it every month.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Back when you chose your Rs name that's it. There is no changing it every month.

This times a billion.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I;d want old-style merchanting near the Varrock bank. There's no way I could make as much as I do now with the GE, but actual buying and selling with other people was fun in its own way.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant