If you could bring back one thing from the past what would it be?

They_Call_Me_Riley

I think this topic would be better if you couldn't include old wilde of free trade, because 90% of the responses will probably be one of those two....

But thats really the two biggest things that were apart of the game, and they took them away. All the other things people want back would be like small things like the nurffing of random stuff.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this topic would be better if you couldn't include old wilde of free trade, because 90% of the responses will probably be one of those two....

But thats really the two biggest things that were apart of the game, and they took them away. All the other things people want back would be like small things like the nurffing of random stuff.

Which would make this more interesting, as the old wilde/free trade is (to paraphrase something I read here recently) an old horse that has been flogged to death, resurrected, received more flogging, then BLEEPED. Yeah. Although on the other hand, there aren't as many people saying that as I thought there would be.

Personally, I'd like to bring back the time before skillcapes. Skills were much more worth it because there was a lot less people getting 99 just for the sake of getting 99.

And to be slightly hypocritical, I'd like....er, feel nostalgic about pre-GE times; more-so because being a Do-It-Yourself-er was much more useful. (Catching food rather then buying for instance... not that I ever USE food these days...)

And common nostalgic comment about how fun being a newb is. Which is ironic because most newbs want to be a high level.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I wish I could still play and not know what the helI I was doing. My brother started to play the other day, and I'm jealous of his knowledgelessness.

Ignorance is bliss, it seems.

This. :sad:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Tradeable holiday items.... but the same ones dropped every year. Should solve at least some of the economy issues.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Profitable secondary skills...

This for sure. I dont care about the old wilderness or free trade much, though buying unbuyable items is annoying at times.

Tradable Holiday Items back plz.

Tricking.. Like a year and a half ago. I know it wrecked the economy and [cabbage], but it was fun as hell. Air striking friends, getting lootz, killing ep'ers. I loved it haha...

I also miss pking with friends before the wilderness updates... Goiing out with full rune/addy in F2P at level 50 wild haha.. Awesome. :thumbup:

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

I just turned on the music for todays halloween event, and Fanfare started playing.. That music takes me back. :D I used to kill cows to that music.. I'd get 1k, turn them into hard leather, craft them into bodies, then sell them all back to the general store. :P Then one day I realised I could sell the hides for 100 each! That was like 100k each time! And I could get even more if I tanned them first! Aah what simple times. :)

Blakdragon39.png

Realistic item prices, nowadays materials cost more than the processed items (though it's been this way since GE was released if I remember right). Before GE basically every single skill was profitable (except firemaking).

You should play wow sometime.

VANILLA WOW SUCKS blABLABLA, then BC comes out OMFG BC RUINED THE GAME VANILLA WAS THE BEST BC SUCKS, then wrath comes out OMFG BC WAS THE BEST RAIDING EVER, WRATH SUCKS BLIZZ SUCKS, and when Cata comes OMFG WRATH WAS AMAZING

Im certain every gaming community is under the same delusion.

However I want the trade updates gone, even if it was slower to get recources I miss the freedom

Eh, most of the people that say BC had the best raiding were generally people who started playing in BC. Almost all of the old school vanilla players have long since quit with the exception of some mega-nerds. (at least on the server I used to play on) I don't think there will be another boss encounter quite the same as C'thun and the huge AQ gates event (that my server won ^_~). I'd even add that Naxx was a really really fun 40 man raid, but they already took that instance and dumbed it down for the masses in WotLK.

----

Wildy was fun, but the trade limit thing is a bigger issue for me. Not being able to send over money and armour to an alt is kinda lame.

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

I've never met a community so wrapped up in the past and nostalgia like the Runescape community is.

Talk to a war vet.. Or people that were good at high school football and then done nothing else with their lives. Guess they might not be communities though...

Anyway, I'd like duel anywhere. Or free trade.

MAN! I had totally forgot about Duel anywhere. I remember being in Karajama Volcano fighting lessers are level 45 ish (after getting protect from melee). After scoring a rune med or running low on prayer, have someone duel you, unequip all your items and free trip to Lumby. Best teleport in the game it was ;D

I had someone offer to do that for me after I beat the dragon, then they ran when i got low on hp and tried to let the skeles/lessers kill me :(

Dueling for training spots was also cool. Too many people there? Duel it out and winner keeps spot, lol

35b9enp.jpg

Realistic item prices, nowadays materials cost more than the processed items (though it's been this way since GE was released if I remember right). Before GE basically every single skill was profitable (except firemaking).

this is completely false.

Not completely false, it took a few months after the ge came out that the items needed started to cost more than the item produced. I also miss the days before the ge, where everybody would meet in varrock and would trade and haggle. The way a real market is suppose to be. 'Hustling', as some refer to it, was my favorite 'skill' in the game. I would go to an unpop world and buy something cheap and in quantity before jumping back to w1 or w2 and selling high price.

Im_riley.png My Guides You can always join my friends chat for any advice or to idol and talk with other users. :)

Would it be bad if I said that I absolutely hated hustling because you'd just watch merchants who did practically nothing but stand there and spam going around pressuring skillers into taking a big loss in profit on their goods so that they could then go and get rich without having to spend the time to run down to the docks on Karamja (or heck, walk because there was no running) and haul a sack of cooked fish (not burnt or raw! nobody wanted that) back to the mainland?

Meanwhile, this ensured that skillers would fight each other on price and systematically devalue their own product, which meant that without some kind of unionizing force, they were eventually doomed to ruin their own moneymaker in the first place.

8f14270694.jpg

This thread begs the question of whether or not players will accept fantasy land. You certainly couldn't remove things like trade limits, the GE, or the new wilderness system without bringing with it a higher degree of real world trading and the associated garbage.

I'd love the removal of trade limits... but don't want to be completely blocked from Blue and Green dragons by autoers.

I'd love the old graphics... but don't want them ALL the time! Certainly the new graphics, on the whole, make for a better experience.

I'd love the flexibility of reintroducing the wilderness... but don't want to live in a world with lurers, scammers, etc.

Overall the vast majority of changes have been favorable. Certainly, I could do without a lot of the newer content, but there isn't much new stuff that really impinges on my experience playing the game.

I will say that Revenants have no good place in all of Gielenor. Blech.

stormveritas.png

Would it be bad if I said that I absolutely hated hustling because you'd just watch merchants who did practically nothing but stand there and spam going around pressuring skillers into taking a big loss in profit on their goods so that they could then go and get rich without having to spend the time to run down to the docks on Karamja (or heck, walk because there was no running) and haul a sack of cooked fish (not burnt or raw! nobody wanted that) back to the mainland?

Meanwhile, this ensured that skillers would fight each other on price and systematically devalue their own product, which meant that without some kind of unionizing force, they were eventually doomed to ruin their own moneymaker in the first place.

:thumbup:

I miss being able to go with a clanmate/friend on a quest just to drop food for them during the boss fight. Now it's going along to bless a grave.

imevil.jpg

Not completely false, it took a few months after the ge came out that the items needed started to cost more than the item produced. I also miss the days before the ge, where everybody would meet in varrock and would trade and haggle. The way a real market is suppose to be. 'Hustling', as some refer to it, was my favorite 'skill' in the game. I would go to an unpop world and buy something cheap and in quantity before jumping back to w1 or w2 and selling high price.

It is. GE didn't do anything, it's skill capes and the general change of players from Pk'ers and whatnot to skill-oriented people.

Probably no gravestones. I've only died twice and lost valuable items in my entire RS life, first was the bat guy from desert treasure, 2nd was on world 100 when the world went crazy and decided and to be the most laggy, disconnecting world ever, while doing my elite clue right in front of many ice trolls in neitiznot -_- luckilly I was able to grab the clue within 2 seconds of the grave disappearing. It gave me a d sq orn kit btw XD

I think the gravestones thing (while very useful) has caused more problems than they're worth for me. There is an obligation to bless someones gravestone despite not knowing who they are or what the circumstances were when they died. Most of the time I bless peoples graves to find they didn't want it blessed in the first place. That's ok, but if I were to know that, I could have saved myself 55 prayer points. This happens a LOT for me. I also hardly ever get a thanks, once I blessed someone who was going to lose their santa hat - and people were saying don't bless! Let him lose it! I blessed, he came back, not a thanks. I sometimes wonder why I bother in the first place :(

2vuhgcn.png