stupid shield of arrav!!!

nuttydoctor

does jagex know how many people in rs are stuck by this quest??...difficult to find partners especially if you're a very slow,ok hopeless,typer?? Fair dinkum Jagex at least could there be some sort of meeting spot??Everyone i meet has either done this quest or given up!!Mate it really sucks big-time.Really spoils the game for a LOT OF PLAYERS.My progress is good except for this annoying glitch that is holding me back like you wouldn't believe...Cheers to all NuttyDoctor

Might as well as Hero's quest there as well. But they give you a forum to look for players, I've never personally had trouble finding someone.

If you want to make it easy on yourself, get into the black arm gang. Most people get in the pheonix gang, since they can without any help, so people are always looking for Black Arm gang members.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Might as well as Hero's quest there as well. But they give you a forum to look for players, I've never personally had trouble finding someone.

If you want to make it easy on yourself, get into the black arm gang. Most people get in the pheonix gang, since they can without any help, so people are always looking for Black Arm gang members.

thanks for the advice but i'm still stuck by lousy typing and a crippled left hand(doesn't help)why not just make the local pub a meeting place??...bloody hard when you're disabled let me tell you.just can't reply fast enuf to hook up.

thanks for the advice but i'm still stuck by lousy typing and a crippled left hand(doesn't help)why not just make the local pub a meeting place??...bloody hard when you're disabled let me tell you.just can't reply fast enuf to hook up.

You can always use Quick Chat. ;)

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Why not just make it so you can join both gangs at the same time? :mellow:

I agree, quests like this needs to go die. Sure there's RSOF, but face it, this is Runescape. Not a lot of players can be trusted.

I personally got lucky with both shield of arrav and heroes' quest, but maybe others aren't.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Shield of Arrav and Heroes quest were both easy for me. My brother played at the time I did them, so we just helped each other out. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I hope there will be more quests like it, but dungeoneering-style. Multiplayer Temple of Light puzzles will require very decent cooperation.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It's only two really easy quests, nothing major for the whole of the game. but it's not actually that hard to find other people- i think heroes can be done with someone who has already done it.

unless they've changed it in the past year, you can't help someone if you've already done the quest.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I did the quest alone back when it was still possible (you could just buy the certificate from a general store or another player and give it to the king without even starting the quest) :D

But yeah, I agree that it's really annoying. <_<

I hope there will be more quests like it, but dungeoneering-style. Multiplayer Temple of Light puzzles will require very decent cooperation.

:shame: Gods no.

I talk my husband into making a new account for SoA. Heroes is not bad getting a partner from the RSOF; Black Arm is/was in high demand.

imevil.jpg

Why do people pick Phoenix gang over Black Arm gang? Are either of these really any different?

Anyways, like I said, Jagex needs to make this quest doable single player, with the ability to join BOTH gangs at once. I'm sorry, but Runescape players fails at co-op and I want to do those quests ALONE.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why do people pick Phoenix gang over Black Arm gang? Are either of these really any different?

It's easier to be in the Phoenix Gang as a low combat level. Black Arm takes effort to get either the combat skills to kill the weapon master or 33 magic for tele grab. (I miss being able to buy the Phoenix crossbows.)

Anyways, like I said, Jagex needs to make this quest doable single player, with the ability to join BOTH gangs at once. I'm sorry, but Runescape players fails at co-op and I want to do those quests ALONE.

:thumbup:

imevil.jpg

It's only two really easy quests, nothing major for the whole of the game. but it's not actually that hard to find other people- i think heroes can be done with someone who has already done it.

unless they've changed it in the past year, you can't help someone if you've already done the quest.

I've helped 5 or 6 friends when they did Heroes' across the past few years, so I can confirm that you can redo the gang member portion of the quest. Too bad it doesn't work that way for Shield of Arrav as well.

Bartuccio3.png

I remember doing Shield of Arrav single-handedly. I saw some phoenix crossbows in the general store. I remembered it was for entry to the Black Arm gang and bought all of them (Black Arm gang was the first gang I talked to). Then I was stuck for a few months doing my own things when I saw a reward certificate on the floor.

So I was in pretty high demand when I did Heroes'.

i HATE that quest.

i have done legends quest, got a whip etc but i still have not really finished that quest (lulwut).

i still cant get the whole shield, and yet i saved the day with it in defender of varrac. odd...

the idea is nice, its allright useing forms to find people, but its just painfull for anyone that the quest is aimed at (low/mis level f2p) :wall:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Phoenix is the first option, simple as that.

quit

• 3 weeks later...

I HAD TO WAIT A YEAR BEFOR I FINALLY DECIDED TO PAY SOME NUB TO PASS THE STUFF ALONG BETWEEN TWO ACCOUNTS!!!

i then took both certs for myself and recived the full reward but either way i feeel you pain dude

Anybody can punch someone it takes guts to slap them

someone once said the f2p combat triamgle was 2% mages 13% rangers and 85% melerss.

I said no its 2% allies 13% anoying gnats and 85% walking dartboards with bronze daggers

mod poppy said:

Siciliae - posting about jumping into bathtubs with electrical equipment is not really cool.

Can you edit it out of any further iterations of your spam, er, I mean message.

archsupportei2.png

tagline1.gif