An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Honestly, this is Jamflax's fault for not introducing more boss monsters.

Or instanced bosses, sure. Or unique, untradeable drops of which you don't need dozens (like rune defenders but without the semi-decent xp).

I strongly agree with this. Good gear should be rare, untradable drops from a hard monster. Makes it a lot harder to get.

Agreed. I'm sick of how all the best stuff is obtained through luck-based drops. The dungeoneering rewards were a step in the right direction, although the shields could have been much better.

td2sig.jpg

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of you "efficiency players"who need max xp or gp/hr, please do the game a favor and log off. For good. It's not going to kill you to lose 3 minutes to check other worlds.

[spoiler=How I picture "efficiency" players:]trolls002.png

I find this offensive.

besides hearing them whine, what consequences are there to crashing someone?

Them calling their other friends to try and crash you back, then whine as well.

besides hearing them whine, what consequences are there to crashing someone?

Getting lured/messed up lures at DKS and TDS.

So its not worth it to crash because they can retaliate against you

I never said that, I just answered your question. Don't put words in my mouth please.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

To all of you "efficiency players"who need max xp or gp/hr, please do the game a favor and log off. For good. It's not going to kill you to lose 3 minutes to check other worlds.

[spoiler=How I picture "efficiency" players:]trolls002.png

I find this offensive.

Yeah. As per usual, the people who hate crashing are the first to throw stones.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Honestly, this is Jamflax's fault for not introducing more boss monsters.

Or instanced bosses, sure. Or unique, untradeable drops of which you don't need dozens (like rune defenders but without the semi-decent xp).

I strongly agree with this. Good gear should be rare, untradable drops from a hard monster. Makes it a lot harder to get.

like a harder version of the fightcaves? ;o or maybe start with jad and increasingly get harder ;o

many maxed players still dont have firecapes lol

StarViv.png

It seems the only real arguments against crashing are as follows:

1.) Its rude

2.) First come, first serve.

Both of which I think are rather naive positions to take.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If the sole principle in life was being "efficient", i'm pretty sure the world would be a pretty [bleep]ed up place. Granted, RS =/= real life, but the game would still probably be a lot better if people learned to respect one another. I seriously don't see how you can say "decency is for naive nubs" and "get maxed or GTFO" and not expect to be called a d-bag.

The only boss i really hunt is the KBD so can't talk for GWD. I know I can't force other people not to take the world i'm on, but i do think it's @ssh0l3ish and COMPETELY UNNECCESARY to not at least let me finish my kill before crashing me. At least crashers can be a bit polite to let someone have their kill before stealing it from them?

There are plenty of alternatives other than crashing, like maybe you can just ask the other person to hop and then start killing? At least they would be able to finish what they were doing. If someone isn't a complete jerk and has an IQ above 2, they can think of some other way to get what they want other than acting like a [puncture].

1.) Its rude

I am finding it hard to source any actual arguments pro-crashing? Other than the repetition of 'better gear, higher levels = god given right' which is cynical. Furthermore I find it interesting the lengths people go to defend their perfectly reasonable act of crashing. :thumbsup:

6660_6.jpg

1.) Its rude

I am finding it hard to source any actual arguments pro-crashing? Other than the repetition of 'better gear, higher levels = god given right' which is cynical. Furthermore I find it interesting the lengths people go to defend their perfectly reasonable act of crashing. :thumbsup:

The argument is simple: Whoever can utilize a spot to maximum efficiency has the right to monster spawn.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

1.) Its rude

I think Sseli gave a perfect one, the most efficient ones should (and mostly do) take president to a spawn(s) then those who are simply the first to that spot.

To the KBD'er, why do you think you "own" the spawn? I still havn't heard a good argument for that either.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

To the KBD'er, why do you think you "own" the spawn? I still havn't heard a good argument for that either.

As I said above, I concede.. In my opinion it is rude or greedy etc. But competition should drive any strong economy/business (I presume you could call it a business) :unsure:

6660_6.jpg

As I said above, I concede.. In my opinion it is rude or greedy etc. But competition should drive any strong economy/business (I presume you could call it a business) :unsure:

And when they are too inefficient and cannot compete, they relocate to another market. This is EXACTLY what crashing is: a more efficient business (player) driving a less efficient business (player) out of the market.

And when they are too inefficient and cannot compete, they relocate to another market. This is EXACTLY what crashing is: a more efficient business (player) driving a less efficient business (player) out of the market.

still gay. :P :mrgreen:

6660_6.jpg

1.) Its rude

Of course, maxed players have earned the right to act like an @ssh0les by sitting at their computer longer than u have, didn't u know? The right to be an d-bag must be earned, not inherently given, that is the way of a lvl 138. lern2be max3d nub.

1.) Its rude

Of course, maxed players have earned the right to act like an @ssh0les by sitting at their computer longer than u have, didn't u know? The right to be an d-bag must be earned, not inherently given, that is the way of a lvl 138. lern2be max3d nub.

Crashing stops you from wasting time finding worlds and gets someone to tank damage and deal some damage.

1.) Its rude

I think Sseli gave a perfect one, the most efficient ones should (and mostly do) take president to a spawn(s) then those who are simply the first to that spot.

It's not that i "own" the spawn, its that if the 138 with turmoil would simply say "hi, you can finish your kill, but i can't find another world so know that if you choose to continue, know that you probably will be competing with me", instead of just taking the kill, it would probably be a lot more ethical instead of crashing me.

1.) Its rude

Crashing stops you from wasting time finding worlds and gets someone to tank damage and deal some damage.

Glitching and hacking accounts would make a lot of things more efficient too, does that mean i should do it?

1.) Its rude

Glitching and hacking accounts would make a lot of things more efficient too, does that mean i should do it?

Those are against the rules and can get you banned. Crashing isn't. Please stop making stupid arguments.

1.) Its rude

Those are against the rules and can get you banned. Crashing isn't. Please stop making stupid arguments.

So? What if you could get away it? The end result is someone gets really unhappy, and the end result of crashing is someone gets a little bit unhappy (to a lesser degree sure, what w/e). Point is that just because you CAN do something doesn't exactly mean its ok and its pretty silly to go around acting like a jerk and ask not be thought of as a d-bag (the OP).

So I can either not crash and be unhappy and have some total stranger be happy, or crash and be happy and have the total stranger being unhappy. Which do you think is the logical choice?

The way I see it, if I can't crash, then the person in my spot is being a dbag for taking MY spot. What gives them the right to call it their spot?

So I can either not crash and be unhappy and have some total stranger be happy, or crash and be happy and have the total stranger being unhappy. Which do you think is the logical choice?

Try not crashing and let the person have the kill, and then simply telling them their gonna be competing with you. Then be a little less happy that u didn't rudely steal someone's kill, but happy that you supposedly found a world that you can take over, leaving the other person a little less unhappy than if they got their kill jacked AND was forced to hop.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other solutions. Use your brains. It's probably easier than spending your life trying to max so you can crash ppl.

The way I see it, if I can't crash, then the person in my spot is being a dbag for taking MY spot. What gives them the right to call it their spot?

I'm with nar on this one. Hacking and glitching aren't within the rules, whereas competition is normal in almost any game. I suppose I should let my gear rot in my bank so a level 112 can be happy that I didn't crash him at TDS?

Stonewall337.png

So? What if you could get away it? The end result is someone gets really unhappy, and the end result of crashing is someone gets a little bit unhappy (to a lesser degree sure, what w/e). Point is that just because you CAN do something doesn't exactly mean its ok and its pretty silly to go around acting like a jerk and ask not be thought of as a d-bag (the OP).

I never said "don't call me a d-bag" - I'm saying if you think I'm a d-bag, you're being too sensitive: Maliciousness is bad, but hurting people isn't always bad.

If I can do something, and it yields a net benefit for me and the world (including the loss associated with making someone else hop), then it is okay to do it.

It is the crashed person's fault for being unhappy. I said this in the OP: you can either whine about it, or you can swallow your pride and forget about it. How you deal with your emotions is not my responsibility.

Try not crashing and let the person have the kill, and then simply telling them their gonna be competing with you. Then be a little less happy that u didn't rudely steal someone's kill, but happy that you supposedly found a world that you can take over, leaving the other person a little less unhappy than if they got their kill jacked AND was forced to hop.

I'm sure there's a bunch of other solutions. Use your brains. It's probably easier than spending your life trying to max so you can crash ppl.

I do exactly this when I crash. I never advocated to crash and make fun of the person you're crashing, or to steal the first kill. When I crash, I just say " I am crashing you now, you have the choice to hop or not".

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

[hide]

1.) Its rude

[/hide]

The fact is, there are no consequences to crashing another player. There are consequences to hacking accounts (you violate not only the Terms of Use, but also real world laws surrounding virtual property). So, please, don't use stupid arguments.

In a unavoidable situation where crashing is necessary, such as Bandos or Corporeal Beast, then you have every right to crash. Like sseli said, whoever can utilize a spot the best, has the right to own that spawn. The fact is, it's a game on the internet. Just because it's 'Rude' to crash, doesn't mean we won't.

Besides, you must crash in order to gain maximum efficiency, otherwise you lose profits from the time lost hopping.