An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think levels and gear justify being selfish, or snobby. There shouldn't be an aristocracy in RS but more and more with better 'endgame' gear coming onto the scene and hyper popular YT players with 50k+ subs roaming around too, I can sympathise the idea of bigger, better and more efficient but to lesser someone else's enjoyment for your own sake is too far in my view of the game :shades:

6660_6.jpg

Honestly, I don't think levels and gear justify being selfish, or snobby. There shouldn't be an aristocracy in RS but more and more with better 'endgame' gear coming onto the scene and hyper popular YT players with 50k+ subs roaming around too, I can sympathise the idea of bigger, better and more efficient but to lesser someone else's enjoyment for your own sake is too far in my view of the game :shades:

You also have 11m total xp, and obviously havn't MH'ed, so I don't think you can quite render an opinion on this.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

You also have 11m total xp, and obviously havn't MH'ed, so I don't think you can quite render an opinion on this.

Oh right because you know for sure that that is his only account

LOL

Because it's easier to avoid punishment, either legal or social.

The delusion of morality is a coping mechanism by which individuals rationalize their fear of punishment/retribution in order to increase their self esteem. There is no such thing as morality.

That being said I for the most part follow all laws. One needs only be rational, not "moral", to decide to obey them.

Aren't you original, sticking it to the man like that!? Fight the power, bro!

287b5w.jpg

Because it's easier to avoid punishment, either legal or social.

The delusion of morality is a coping mechanism by which individuals rationalize their fear of punishment/retribution in order to increase their self esteem. There is no such thing as morality.

That being said I for the most part follow all laws. One needs only be rational, not "moral", to decide to obey them.

Aren't you original, sticking it to the man like that!? Fight the power, bro!

It's called philosophy, not anti-conformism. :rolleyes:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Can I be dogmatic? No. Can I be 95% Sure, yes. Judging by small things which lead me to believe he is a new 'scaper, (TIF join date, skills trained, his response, etc) I can be fairly sure it is. As such, I don't think he is qualified to render an opinion, as at least some MH experience is needed to know what you are talking about on this thread.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Stealing is still bad in RS

You're joking, right? You do realize stealing has its own skill?

The "thieving" skill and scamming are totally separate...

"Thieving" is only nominally related to stealing, it really has nothing to do with stealing because you're stealing from NPC's, not people.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

besides hearing them whine, what consequences are there to crashing someone?

Them calling their other friends to try and crash you back, then whine as well.

besides hearing them whine, what consequences are there to crashing someone?

Getting lured/messed up lures at DKS and TDS.

So its not worth it to crash because they can retaliate against you

No unless you play with public chat off.

Can I be dogmatic? No. Can I be 95% Sure, yes. Judging by small things which lead me to believe he is a new 'scaper, (TIF join date, skills trained, his response, etc) I can be fairly sure it is. As such, I don't think he is qualified to render an opinion, as at least some MH experience is needed to know what you are talking about on this thread.

I'd say the opposite, yes I am a casual player of the game, I have no 99s and sorry to the guy who tried to defend me but this is my 'main'. But firstly there is no need to have experienced these higher level instances of Runescape to know what you are talking about is a style of play which personally I disagree with. The fact does remain that crashing is un-sporting and in my opinion selfish, whether you tag it as elitist or not, the reality is, you will be cutting someone's enjoyment for the sake of you own ambition or dare I say.. greed? Finally by disregarding me as a low levelled nobody surely you prove the point of an aristocracy?

6660_6.jpg

I'd say the opposite, yes I am a casual player of the game, I have no 99s and sorry to the guy who tried to defend me but this is my 'main'. But firstly there is no need to have experienced these higher level instances of Runescape to know what you are talking about is a style of play which personally I disagree with. The fact does remain that crashing is un-sporting and in my opinion selfish, whether you tag it as elitist or not, the reality is, you will be cutting someone's enjoyment for the sake of you own ambition or dare I say.. greed? Finally by disregarding me as a low levelled nobody surely you prove the point of an aristocracy?

1. Welcome to TIF

2. You sir just won the thread

I think it's quite important, in an objective view about the thread, for the people that post to know about the problem in their own experience, otherwise everything they can or should say can't really be taken too seriously. Apart from that, crashing has nothing to do with greed, and everything to do about making your life easier, and if it screws someone else over but is actually beneficial to you, why not? If two people are competing for something, it's ridiculous to think that because you got something first, you are automatically the winner. NO. Competition is what drives most people to greatness, and if you don't get crashed by someone who has worked their ass off, you wouldn't have the drive to work on getting better yourself. This has nothing to do with aristocracy, and everything to do with the fact that doing things in the best way possible is what matters in the game, and if it means doing something unpleasant to someone you likely will never see or hear about again, it's not a problem.

Also, just to be clear- i hate crashing. Most of what i do is slayer and i never really get crashed in multy combat as there is no reason anyone should, but at the same time, it's very rare for me to take someone elses training spot as it would likely slow me down. Dagannoths in lighthouse is the usual exception, as most of the people who train there are newbs and there are never any empty servers anyway, or when i only see someone level 100 at an otherwise empty multy spot(as they don't need the spawns anyway). I also frequently change servers in nonmulty spots to find empty servers, but i'm constantly being ''crashed'' by those same newbs that would get crashed at DK/TD/bandos because they will not change servers if their life depended on it. It's not really rare to get 3 people at a training spot meant for 1,5 people, and thus, even though i don't crash people, i'm happy if they get treated in the same way when the people can compete. I think crashing in nonmulty is much worse, as you are not only screwing yourself over, but also the other people.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I would say you framed this response really well. But at the end of the day you've basically repeated what a bunch of other people have in this thread, which is that crashing is selfish.

My response, which I've stated before, is: So what? It happens all the time in the real world, get used to it. Politeness is not a virtue when it comes to making money.

Call me what you want - evil, or whatever. I'll probably just call you naive. And then that's meaningless because we're just exchanging opinions.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I would say you framed this response really well. But at the end of the day you've basically repeated what a bunch of other people have in this thread, which is that crashing is selfish.

My response, which I've stated before, is: So what? It happens all the time in the real world, get used to it. Politeness is not a virtue when it comes to making money.

Call me what you want - evil, or whatever. I'll probably just call you naive. And then that's meaningless because we're just exchanging opinions.

I realise that, and I accept your view point, sadly I only sifted through the first few pages of the thread and felt that the statement of having to be a member of the elite to discuss how crashing is good or not, well is counter-productive. But I will leave it at that :-)

6660_6.jpg

Honestly, this is Jamflax's fault for not introducing more boss monsters.

Or instanced bosses, sure. Or unique, untradeable drops of which you don't need dozens (like rune defenders but without the semi-decent xp).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

My (maxed except summ/prayer/herb) friend and I crashed a guy once. We were about to hop, but you know, he had to make his little remarks. So he stayed for another 20 minutes or so helping us get quicker kills (and taking 1/3 of the damage :grin: ).

IMO, crashing should only be a last resort (at least make an attempt to hop once or twice...) or retaliation against a jerk. To all of you "efficiency players"who need max xp or gp/hr, please do the game a favor and log off. For good. It's not going to kill you to lose 3 minutes to check other worlds.

[spoiler=How I picture "efficiency" players:]trolls002.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Honestly, this is Jamflax's fault for not introducing more boss monsters.

Or instanced bosses, sure. Or unique, untradeable drops of which you don't need dozens (like rune defenders but without the semi-decent xp).

I strongly agree with this. Good gear should be rare, untradable drops from a hard monster. Makes it a lot harder to get.

sigcopyaf.png