An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

Crashing is all good when it's needed, but today, this 136 crashed me at bronze drags <_<

So I said, "I'm done soon anyway, don't worry."

And he said "L, im killin bork"

I said "Bork is that way"

He said "ROFL, i know" :wall:

What a jerk...

/rant.

Some DKs team came through rock lobs the other day and repetedly killed them and ruined my lures. They were kind of [bleep]s. I got the last laugh though because they were 138s teaming DKs.

Teaming is potentially faster kills/hr for each person than soloing depending on world population. To make the most out of DKs you need 95 prayer and 96 summoning and maxed combats (137 right there). I don't see how you got the last laugh unless at the fact that 138s feel the need to be jackasses at rock lobs.

2496 Completionist

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, has anybody realized that most of the people here arguing against crashing can't crash others and are likely to get crashed?

Can't say I did.

Anyway, clicking on this thread constantly reminds me as to why the Runescape community gets such a bad wrap.

Crashing is all good when it's needed, but today, this 136 crashed me at bronze drags <_<

What a jerk...

/rant.

Some DKs team came through rock lobs the other day and repetedly killed them and ruined my lures. They were kind of [bleep]s. I got the last laugh though because they were 138s teaming DKs.

Teaming is potentially faster kills/hr for each person than soloing depending on world population. To make the most out of DKs you need 95 prayer and 96 summoning and maxed combats (137 right there). I don't see how you got the last laugh unless at the fact that 138s feel the need to be jackasses at rock lobs.

in order to be efficient in a 3 man team you need to get 3 times the kills as you would soloing. 180 kills per hour is not possible on any population.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Btw, has anybody realized that most of the people here arguing against crashing can't crash others and are likely to get crashed?

Can't say I did.

You should go through the thread and look at everyone's stats. There is a trend.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I keep getting crashed at Iron Dragons at the moment (which have gotten stupidly busy thanks to the fact that they drop elite clues, thanks jagex), I wouldn't say I'm easily crashable or anything, it's just some people 135+ seem to think that they don't have to hop for some reason. Also if someone logs out, then they come back an half an hour or so later, they seem to think they have a right to stay there just because they were there 45 minutes ago, its silly.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

What a jerk...

/rant.

in order to be efficient in a 3 man team you need to get 3 times the kills as you would soloing. 180 kills per hour is not possible on any population.

There's also such thing as going to DK's for fun

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I keep getting crashed at Iron Dragons at the moment (which have gotten stupidly busy thanks to the fact that they drop elite clues, thanks jagex), I wouldn't say I'm easily crashable or anything, it's just some people 135+ seem to think that they don't have to hop for some reason. Also if someone logs out, then they come back an half an hour or so later, they seem to think they have a right to stay there just because they were there 45 minutes ago, its silly.

If you had 80 Dungeoneering you could use the VIP room, which is often deserted. There is also the abandoned castle in northern Wilderness which is far quicker but a little more dangerous to get to.

However, your post brings up an important point I feel may be relevant to this thread:

Many players won't hop at all! Even if they're close in combat levels, and there's more players than the spot can really support ("support" - enough open spawns to where no one has to wait) they still won't bother changing worlds.

Is that not just being stubborn? I am actually killing metal dragons as Tommy is, and I've noticed this fairly often in the past, but in the VIP or snow locations it's ridiculous. There were 3 people to the steels above the castle and possibly the same number to the irons below.

I hopped a single world and it was absolutely deserted. The world population was similar, as was the location (PING). (Just FYI I'm 98s but I'm maging - I can't kill twice as fast as someone with GS, hence I can't monopolize 2 spawns when there are 7 spawns and 4 players.)

For Slayer tasks and popular-but-plentiful monsters, I think people just crash because they're lazy. It is my opinion that crashing should be avoided when it is unnecessary. - Erm, is it still considered crashing if it's in a non-multi area? If not, then my post holds true, but inapplicable to this topic...

2dgucz6.png

What a jerk...

/rant.

There's also such thing as going to DK's for fun

I don't find sitting around waiting for spawns fun.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I won't crash low levels.

I think they are new players enjoying the content for the first time so I won't interfere.

However, when I log in an immediately some ass with divine, claws, and an attitude telling me about how I have to leave because I suck.

Then the parties on.

Its not about getting the most kills sometimes, its about fun, and making the elitest asses of runescape log is REAL FUN.

I like this. Best reason to crash so far, cause it's fun.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just to inform everyone, I crashed this strapping young lad at dks today. I do not have overloads or turmoil, but I had a few tricks up my sleeve ( I got lucky lOl ) and managed to snatch 2x Dragon Hatchets and a nice little Seercul.

Underdogs: 1

You: 0

Cya in hell idiot

LOL

Just to inform everyone, I crashed this strapping young lad at dks today. I do not have overloads or turmoil, but I had a few tricks up my sleeve ( I got lucky lOl ) and managed to snatch 2x Dragon Hatchets and a nice little Seercul.

Cya in hell idiot

err. You're cool? who was that even directed to, I havent been to DK's in 2 weeks or so.

Also, crashing for fun is kind of... depressing. I don't understand taking pleasure in someone else's annoyance.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Cya in hell idiot

err. You're cool? who was that even directed to, I havent been to DK's in 2 weeks or so.

Also, crashing for fun is kind of... depressing. I don't understand taking pleasure in someone else's annoyance.

yah i think the point of this thread was crashing outa necessity not annoyance but it sucks so many do for fun....

StarViv.png

0|\|L'/ (00L |<1D5 (R45|-| 9U'/5 what that translates to is only cool kids crash guys. So how most elitists feel if they can't crash some 20 levels lower then them cause of luck? Or they lure something and you get you killed and don't bless?

Pretty sure not ONE person with maxed stats with overloads and extremes in this thread has made any remarks like that.

0|\|L'/ (00L |<1D5 (R45|-| 9U'/5 what that translates to is only cool kids crash guys. So how most elitists feel if they can't crash some 20 levels lower then them cause of luck? Or they lure something and you get you killed and don't bless?

Pretty sure not ONE person with maxed stats with overloads and extremes in this thread has made any remarks like that.

troll_detected.png

I do think I'm going overboard with these troll images today.

DM0Yq2c.png

Well im not maxed stats yet =/ well its just my prayer level really. im maxed melee. and very low chance of getting crashed by lower lvls. I just want to know how elitists feel about getting getting crashed by low lvl or getting killed by low lvl luring.

The bottom line is that for most high levels (there are a few who are just douchebags, plain and simple) only crash because of necessity. At KBD, Bandos, and to a slightly lesser degree Sara GWD, crashing is the most efficient way to get a world. It's irritating and wasteful to spend thirty minutes going through every single LS world looking for an empty one (and at Bandos you aren't going to find one unless you coincidentally log in right as a team is leaving, in which case you will probably have to fight another team that was waiting for the world, anyway) when you could just crash a team of lower leveled/worse-equipped people and take their world.

We do not crash because we enjoy it (well, most of us anyway) or because we feel entitled to the spots because we are higher leveled-- we crash because there are limited worlds and hopping to each one trying to find an empty world (which is often nonexistent) is a humongous waste of time. Like I said earlier, we do what we must because we can. Most high levels don't really get "kicks" from driving lesser-skilled players out of a world... it's just what has to be done when there are such limited resources. It's nothing personal.

As for the comment above me, if you get crashed by a low-level team, you weren't strong enough. GWD is very much "survival of the fittest" and if you get successfully crashed by a low level team, you are most definitely not the fittest and would have been crashed by an elitist team sooner or later (probably sooner). If you are a high level team and a low level team crashes you at GWD, chances are it will just provide LULZ as they merely speed up your kills without ever getting any.

With regards to luring, that's only really a problem at DKs or TDs, both of which you can avoid death pretty easily if you stay calm. If some douchebag lures Prime on you when you are fighting Rex, you can just protect magic and safespot rex (or SOL spec if push comes to shove); if he lures both Sup and Prime on you, just tab out or, if you are brave and think you can make it, tank Sup's attacks and make a dash for the ladder. And as for TDs, teleporting out resets the spawns if some jerk lures a bunch over to you. Teleporting may mean the crasher wins, but it's better than you losing tens of millions in items.

td2sig.jpg

i wellcome crashers i own them or they own me its all fun l0l because what they got i got it too so it even's out but what i dont like really is when

they do get owned they call me no lifer get off rs go get a job or out of my mom's basement..lol wtf seriously tho even every crasher was like you

i wont mine gettin crashed cause its not like im gonna lose :shades:

d6c4baddbe.png

But what's stopping you from being maxed? What's the difference between a lower leveled player and me?

Life.

lol true that! unfortunately not everyone has the time to dedicate their time to lvling, ppl have lifes ppl to meet/work/school/social gathers etc. alot more important things out there then on rs and thats life mate.

it took me long time to get maxed combat too and i work i got my gf to care for, rents to pay/food to pay etc

time isnt alot tbh lol

d6c4baddbe.png

Cya in hell idiot

It was you I crashed. I enjoy crashing people who think their high stats / skills give them priority over other people.

LOL

Your head is bigger than [bleep]ing Jupiter. Tone down your ego and learn some common courtesy - just because you supposedly have the "right" to be an ass (btw, who died and made you king?) doesn't mean you have to be one. People like you are what kill the fun of MHing.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Cya in hell idiot

It was you I crashed. I enjoy crashing people who think their high stats / skills give them priority over other people.

trololol

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png