An Elitist's View on Crashing

TheAncient

It was you I crashed. I enjoy crashing people who think their high stats / skills give them priority over other people.

Wait are you serious. I already told you I haven't been to DK's in like two weeks (other than like an hour ago, but you obviously made that post after an hour ago)... obvious troll is obvious.

Also, you seem to think that crashing for your own personal enjoyment / satisfaction is a less brutish / mean thing to do than crashing out of necessity and convenience. A hyperbole would be to say stealing is justified because you enjoy it, but stealing to feed your family isn't.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one problem with this is that the way you speak and act is that you allow no room for people to obtain the status once you already have gotten there.

Example of say you earned all your money as a youngin @ GWD, but look @ GWD nowadays, its full of maxed people.

Im not saying your arrogant of the lower levels but how are we supposed to rise to that level? Theif men for gp?

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

You remind me of the person who crashed me at dk's, they couldn't outhit me nor keep up. They called me a noob and then they died. I didn't bless because they crashed. I mean by all means try and crash me, chances are I have the same equipment as you, and I'm maxed out combat wise, with prayers and 99 Herblore. Although I do agree, being crashed by lower levels is a nuisance.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

I don't understand why people hate crashing so much. Online games are competative. For some reason people seem to think that RuneScape isn't competative. When they do get competition they get mad because they can't keep up with it. If you don't want competition play a single player game. If you don't want to play a single player game, don't whine when you can't get a kill because someone who has better gear, better stats, and has put more time into their account can beat you. Seriously, I've played WoW, Shadow Bane, and some other online game that I can't recall the name of right now. In all of those games there is quite a bit of competition (maybe not WoW so much when you're a lower level getting started, but there is still quite a bit of competition), and in all of those games, I never saw a single person whine because they weren't as good as others. Only in RuneScape have I found thousands upon thousands of people complaining that the guy 15 lvls higher than them with better stats and gear gets the kills. I'd be tempted to go back to one of those games but Shadow Bane has recently closed down, my computer has been crapping out on me lately and probably wouldn't handle WoW, and it's just too much fun to crash people and watch them get butthurt over it.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

But what's stopping you from being maxed? What's the difference between a lower leveled player and me?

Life.

lol true that! unfortunately not everyone has the time to dedicate their time to lvling, ppl have lifes ppl to meet/work/school/social gathers etc. alot more important things out there then on rs and thats life mate.

it took me long time to get maxed combat too and i work i got my gf to care for, rents to pay/food to pay etc

time isnt alot tbh lol

Actually, its more efficiency then life. Most RS players either are damn lazy, or damn inefficient.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

My one problem with this is that the way you speak and act is that you allow no room for people to obtain the status once you already have gotten there.

Example of say you earned all your money as a youngin @ GWD, but look @ GWD nowadays, its full of maxed people.

Im not saying your arrogant of the lower levels but how are we supposed to rise to that level? Theif men for gp?

We already discussed this point but I want to re-emphasize:

People have a lot of ways to do make money outside of Bandos, TD's, DK's:

-- Frost dragons: 1-2M (up to 3.5M) an hour

-- Merching

-- Making unf pots: 500K-1M an hour

-- Slayer

-- Killing dragons

-- Lots more

Training combat at a good rate requires at most like 5M in gear.

Training herblore can be profitable with nightshades and weapon poison++.

Training prayer can be free with soul wars.

Training summoning can be almost free (or extremely cheap around 2-5gp/xp) if you use the profits from killing waterfiends to pay for your pouches.

Training dungeoneering is free.

Ironically, Bandos is pretty terrible money even for high levels (TD's, Frosties, and DK's are far better)

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It was you I crashed. I enjoy crashing people who think their high stats / skills give them priority over other people.

Wait are you serious. I already told you I haven't been to DK's in like two weeks (other than like an hour ago, but you obviously made that post after an hour ago)... obvious troll is obvious.

Also, you seem to think that crashing for your own personal enjoyment / satisfaction is a less brutish / mean thing to do than crashing out of necessity and convenience. A hyperbole would be to say stealing is justified because you enjoy it, but stealing to feed your family isn't.

Alright this is why most of us hate elitists most elitists either say bleep off or tell us to go bleep ourselves and kill ourselfs well i had it happened to me, but this kind of persona/personallty turns off many newbies from playing the game cause of the community i perfer the silent crashers one who just crash you without saying a word. Remember Survival of the fittest so you do whatever you can to survive.

But what's stopping you from being maxed? What's the difference between a lower leveled player and me?

Life.

Two men work at a company.

One man works every day during the normal hours. He does the standard amount of work everyone else does.

The other man works every day during normal hours, but he also works overtime every day until 8PM and arrives at the office 2 hours earlier than everyone else. In addition, he works on Saturdays as well, and whenever he is in the office, he is working (so it's not like he's just going there and chillin).

Both work equally as hard while they are at work, so neither man is more efficient in terms of work done per hour.

The second man gets a promotion, does the first man have the right to complain?

"But I had to go home to my family! My kids have to go to soccer practice at 4. Life got in my way, so I didn't have a fair chance."

And that's going to get you promoted too?

Life.

One man works every day during the normal hours. He does the standard amount of work everyone else does.

The other man works every day during normal hours, but he also works overtime every day until 8PM and arrives at the office 2 hours earlier than everyone else. In addition, he works on Saturdays as well, and whenever he is in the office, he is working (so it's not like he's just going there and chillin).

Both work equally as hard while they are at work, so neither man is more efficient in terms of work done per hour.

"But I had to go home to my family! My kids have to go to soccer practice at 4. Life got in my way, so I didn't have a fair chance."

I'm not complaining, I agree, that he can crash and I would too. I just answered his question, that's all. So writing a bloody essey to prove you're point isn't nessesary.

tuuskukk.png

Life.

lol true that! unfortunately not everyone has the time to dedicate their time to lvling, ppl have lifes ppl to meet/work/school/social gathers etc. alot more important things out there then on rs and thats life mate.

it took me long time to get maxed combat too and i work i got my gf to care for, rents to pay/food to pay etc

time isnt alot tbh lol

Actually, its more efficiency then life. Most RS players either are damn lazy, or damn inefficient.

AGREED

get 80 dungeoneering for rapier

max melee / get a decent summon lvl doing slayer/ some range exp with cannon

use slayer money gradually on prayer

camp frost dragons for the rest of prayer/range/herblore. maybe tds on the side

this should take like 7 months for the casual player....like 3 months for the n0lyfer

but its easyto get distracted doing this but you'll prob get distracted doing the amount of kills you need to avarage a good gp an hr at godwars....or killing the amount of tds you need for claws...

StarViv.png

Life.

Thats like complaining on WoW that the guy who no lifed for 6 months to get the best pvp gear out there keeps killing you and its not fair that you dont stand a chance.

Sorry, that was me.

Life.

I'm not complaining, I agree, that he can crash and I would too. I just answered his question, that's all. So writing a bloody essey to prove you're point isn't nessesary.

I'm saying that "life" isn't a valid reason for complaining, regardless of whether you agree or not, since it's directed to everyone in the thread who disagrees.

What's wrong with crashing? Crashing is part of playing RS. Deal with it.

Ethics and morals don't exist on the internets, 100% undeniable fact.

They exist in other places? Show me, please?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Real life.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Real life.

Where?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Are you serious...?

yes?

what makes the internet a domain across which morality should be invalid, while real life should not?

Because it's easier to avoid punishment, either legal or social.

The delusion of morality is a coping mechanism by which individuals rationalize their fear of punishment/retribution in order to increase their self esteem. There is no such thing as morality.

That being said I for the most part follow all laws. One needs only be rational, not "moral", to decide to obey them.

Basically, it comes down to this.

If you do something and the benefits outweigh the potential consequences, you'll do it.

If it's the other way around, you won't.

The benefits of crashing is added efficiency. The consequences is someone who you don't know, and probably never will meet again complaining.

I think I'd crash in that situation.

It's not like you're going to get thrown into jail for "crashing a person on Runescape."

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Are you serious...?

yes?

what makes the internet a domain across which morality should be invalid, while real life should not?

I would reread. You missed what he said. He asked where there was morality and ethics. I said real life. I've said nothing about why it should be invalid. Don't put words in my mouth.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

The delusion of morality is a coping mechanism by which individuals rationalize their fear of punishment/retribution in order to increase their self esteem. There is no such thing as morality.

That being said I for the most part follow all laws. One needs only be rational, not "moral", to decide to obey them.

That's a pretty cold (not necessarily incorrect) view of morality. I like to think of it more as an unspoken social contract - I won't hurt you if you don't hurt me.

In the context of RS, morality still applies, but it is vastly different from morality IRL. Stealing is still bad in RS, but "stealing" someone's monster spawn isn't really stealing at all. It comes down to who has the right to the spot, and I don't think it should be whoever got there first - that's rather arbitrary - but rather who can use the spot to highest utility.

sigcopyaf.png