02-Nov-2010 - Dungeoneering � The Warped Floors

SirHartlar

There's a quick-start new floor too now from the pop-up at the end showing your exp for the floor. If all party members click "Ready", you dont have to wait the 30 seconds for the pop up to go away.

Together with this button there is a leave option so you can leave without having to wait to be placed into the next dungeon.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought seeker and scroll of cleaning. Will buy surge box later maybe.

Scroll of cleaning saves vials of water too.

Dialogue 1 with sneakerpeeper

Seeker: "Sneaks and [player], sitting in a tree..."

Player: "Can you stop singing that? It's kind of freaking me out."

Seeker: "That's fine, [player]! Sneaks has bag under its eye, full of songs dedicated to you. 'If you're happy and you know it, snuggle your Sneaks'..."

Player: "Do you take requests, perhaps? How about something that doesn't involve my name or yours?"

Seeker: "Sneaks can do that. 'Millions of people go by, but they all disappear from view. I only have eyes for you.'"

Player: "Don't make me visit a slayer master to get some earmuffs, Sneaks."

there are 2 more dialogues if anyone is interested.

Feeding him prompts "Om nom nom nom, more!"

Blink Drop

The what-drops what is already posted on runewiki. Only need to know what either stalker or demon drops...(which shouldn't take this long as you have to c1 rush all the new floors at the start anyway).

I have no idea whether to stick with arcane spirit shield or use celestial surge box on slayer. Anyone know its stats? KB doesn't help.

Depends on what you are getting it for- it is likely to have 15 mage attack and a small boost to damage(like 2%) and be able to save 2 inventory spaces- on the other side, if you need defense, arcane is always better.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

do blastbox's effects only work when wielded?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

yes(and yes, i know, i'm stupid, i have a blastbox)

wow sigh. surgebox won't be that useful then...

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

well it does save 3 inventory spaces and add some damage. Other than that, you are about right(it will be useful for frost dragons, atleast).

Boss drops:

[hide]

Blink 	                                   95 	48-60 	Longswords
Warped Gulega 	                           95 	48-60 	Robe Tops
Dreadnaut 	                           95 	48-60 	Platebodies
Hope Devourer 	                          101 	51-60 	Leatherbodies
World-gorger Shukarhazh 	          107 	54-60 	Spears
Kal'Ger the Warmonger 	                  113 	57-60 	2h Swords 

[/hide]

well it does save 3 inventory spaces and add some damage. Other than that, you are about right(it will be useful for frost dragons, atleast).

only other possible place would be rex, but i don't think sacrificing 50-70 ranged defense will be worth it.

sigcopyaf.png

only other possible place would be rex, but i don't think sacrificing 50-70 ranged defense will be worth it.

It's good for ice strykes :thumbup:

When you safespot while tribrid, switching staff, necklace and shield shouldn't be a major worry.

When you safespot while tribrid, switching staff, necklace and shield shouldn't be a major worry.

it's not a matter of the switch, it's a matter of sustaining extra damage from spinys for the times you do rex. iunno how significant that is, though.

your real inventory savings are only 2 slots though; you save 3, but you lose one because you have to bring an additional shield.

anti-poison totem also saves you at least 2 slots, so the inventory-saving aspect of surgebox isn't that significant...

Though if the damage increase is significant, like 5%, then i'd reconsider.

sigcopyaf.png

it's not a matter of the switch, it's a matter of sustaining extra damage from spinys for the times you do rex. iunno how significant that is, though.

your real inventory savings are only 2 slots though; you save 3, but you lose one because you have to bring an additional shield.

anti-poison totem also saves you at least 2 slots, so the inventory-saving aspect of surgebox isn't that significant...

Though if the damage increase is significant, like 5%, then i'd reconsider.

I believe the blastbox had a chance to deal 25% extra damage, but it activated randomly. Does anyone know if the surgebox is compatible with the rune saving of the staff of light/battle robes? The KB says you can use runes that aren't stored in the box, so it should make sense to be able to save some runes.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Rewards are all a disappointment but that was to be suspected. I look at the herblore scroll and the smithing one. Then realized for 16k tokkens + 160k I can recharge my weapon which would cost 2m to recharge. Then realized I probably wouldn't save anywhere near 2m from either of these rewards. At least new floors and bosses look awesome.

I believe the blastbox had a chance to deal 25% extra damage, but it activated randomly. Does anyone know if the surgebox is compatible with the rune saving of the staff of light/battle robes? The KB says you can use runes that aren't stored in the box, so it should make sense to be able to save some runes.

On the other hand, blastbox operates with charges(1 charge=1 spell) so it very well could be that no runes are saved, although it's unlikely.

Rewards are all a disappointment but that was to be suspected. I look at the herblore scroll and the smithing one. Then realized for 16k tokkens + 160k I can recharge my weapon which would cost 2m to recharge. Then realized I probably wouldn't save anywhere near 2m from either of these rewards. At least new floors and bosses look awesome.

The herblore one will absolutely save 1.6m (it's not 2m) worth of torstol on overloads. It won't even take that long.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I really don't think AoZ is a waste. If the 5% boost applies to individual prayers, it's the best amulet for hybriding with ranged.

It also kind of makes rigour useless if you don't need the defense boost.

sigcopyaf.png

I really don't think AoZ is a waste. If the 5% boost applies to individual prayers, it's the best amulet for hybriding with ranged.

Meh, even when you consider no str bonus, low att bonus, no def bonus, and -8 prayer?

If it is better, it won't be by much.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Meh, even when you consider no str bonus, low att bonus, no def bonus, and -8 prayer?

If it is better, it won't be by much.

For hybriding with ranged, the only thing you care about is -15 defense and -8 ranged. Prayer bonus is pretty irrelevant. But I'd think that a 5% boost to defense and ranged attack is worth much more than that.

And a good hybrid would obviously carry other amulets to switch to, such as arcstream/fury/strength/glory.

sigcopyaf.png

It also kind of makes rigour useless if you don't need the defense boost.

It depends on the alching value. If it's mad low, I won't risk it at all when pking. But if it's decently high, then screw rigour, I'm sticking to my trusty eagle eye (probably gonna have to bring an extra p pot).

Best reward is the herblore scroll, then maybe the blastbox. Rest seem to suck.