02-Nov-2010 - Dungeoneering � The Warped Floors

SirHartlar

wutxb.png

So apparently the in-game description, the KB, and the actual function are all totally different?

quality control ftw :thumbup:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wutxb.png

So apparently the in-game description, the KB, and the actual function are all totally different?

quality control ftw :thumbup:

People confirmed it didn't work with steel titan scrolls so that means the in-game description is wrong, and the KB one makes no sense at all and the actual use no one knows what it does.

I have tried out one of the new prayer necklaces (dragontooth, since I can't afford 90 pray) while pietying a fire giants task and holding a bonecrusher. It helped. A lot. Each giant took about 3-4 ppoints, but instead of having to replenish those ppoints with just pots, I get 2 ppoints back for every kill. Making each firegiant cost approximately 1-2 ppoints. This is with extremes and typical piety-slayering equipment. Heck, with a cannon, you could probably gain ppoints on tasks like that.

A very generous estimate for the amount of money you'll save with that necklace is 5 prayer pots per hour, or about 30k gp. Which is nothing at ALL compared to the offense you're losing out on without a glory/fury.

To make the most of it you would wear Fury while fighting and put the other on as the monster was about to die.

I will buy it just because it's the highest level reward, but I doubt I'll ever use it.

At the moment the only thing on my list from the NEW rewards is the pet, rofl.

I am wondering, though - Farseer Kiteshield >/< Celestial Surgebox?

2dgucz6.png

What about with other familiars' scrolls?

I'm curious about this too. If it works with pack yak's scrolls, then maybe you could bring less summoning potioins to frost dragons and stay longer by bringing more prayer pots or super antifires?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I have tried out one of the new prayer necklaces (dragontooth, since I can't afford 90 pray) while pietying a fire giants task and holding a bonecrusher. It helped. A lot. Each giant took about 3-4 ppoints, but instead of having to replenish those ppoints with just pots, I get 2 ppoints back for every kill. Making each firegiant cost approximately 1-2 ppoints. This is with extremes and typical piety-slayering equipment. Heck, with a cannon, you could probably gain ppoints on tasks like that.

A very generous estimate for the amount of money you'll save with that necklace is 5 prayer pots per hour, or about 30k gp. Which is nothing at ALL compared to the offense you're losing out on without a glory/fury.

To make the most of it you would wear Fury while fighting and put the other on as the monster was about to die.

I will buy it just because it's the highest level reward, but I doubt I'll ever use it.

At the moment the only thing on my list from the NEW rewards is the pet, rofl.

I am wondering, though - Farseer Kiteshield >/< Celestial Surgebox?

^ Doing something like that requires way too much attention...

In general, FKS >> CSB, even if CSB has a damage boost. The defense and accuracy boost of FKS far outweighs a 5-7% damage boost.

EDIT: AOZ ONLY WORKS WITH MODERN BOOK.

FAIL.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you think it's worth your time to switch the amulet every single kill for 30k an hour, go for it. To me 30k per hour is not worth anywhere near that much hassle, let alone how long it would take to pay off the tokens that you spent on the amulet rather than chaotic recharging.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If you think it's worth your time to switch the amulet every single kill for 30k an hour, go for it. To me 30k per hour is not worth anywhere near that much hassle, let alone how long it would take to pay off the tokens that you spent on the amulet rather than chaotic recharging.

It's not worth MY time, I was simply being optimistic. <_<

2dgucz6.png

Nor is it worth anyone's time who has 90 prayer. Hell, it's not worth anyone's time who has the ability to gather whiteberries or snape grass.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

110% disappointed with the rewards. Surgebox and seeker pet look interesting, but that's it. How in the world did they screw the rewards up so badly? :rolleyes:

Other than that, YYES WARPED FLOORS OMFG. I can't wait to see pictures of everything.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

just wasted 40k tokens... at least I have no need to buy rigour or augury anymore :rolleyes:

sigcopyaf.png

Found one of the new puzzles while doing F45.

Guardian Door:

-There was a mage mercenary leader with 8 other t11 npcs; rangers, magers and warriors.

-Leader calls in soldiers and they teleport in

-You have to kill the leader and wait for the rest to tele out

Enjoy!!

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

It's days like these when I am glad that I don't really take the game seriously anymore. lol

Jagex really needs to hire better proofreaders/checkers or whatever...for example:

"The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple stat-boosting prayers."

This phrase implies that the amulet will not work while more than one stat-boosting prayers are active. However, we have observed that the amulet DOES work when used with multiple prayers that boost only a single stat. So for example, steel skin+eagle eye.

However, the amulet does not work with prayers that boost more than one stat. What the text should say is:

"The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple-stat-boosting prayers."

There are two categories of stat-boosting prayers: regular stat-boosting prayers and multiple-stat-boosting prayers. The language Jagex originally used implies that multiple prayers of a stat-boosting nature are not affected by this amulet. The addition of an extra hyphen would completely change the meaning of the sentence and would accurately state that prayers of the "multiple-stat-boosting" nature will not be affected.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Jagex should probably introduce some sort of one-time refund for rweards, like with the kinship rings.

Available to all players. Requires a Prayer level of 48 and a Dungeoneering level of 48. The amulet of zealots reduces your Prayer bonus, but adds small bonuses to each of your attack stats. While the amulet is worn, the effects of your prayers and curses are increased by 5%. The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple stat-boosting prayers.

Language/QC failures

sigcopyaf.png

Jagex should probably introduce some sort of one-time refund for rweards, like with the kinship rings.

"Since our members make excellent beta testers, we've decided to give everyone back their dungeoneering tokens, equal to 1/10 their current XP".

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

"Since our members make excellent beta testers, we've decided to give everyone back their dungeoneering tokens, equal to 1/10 their current XP".

No... a much easier way of doing this would be to implement some way of trading in items and getting tokens back.

For example, a generic code for selling back a CLS would be:

if (player uses a CLS on rewards trader)

{

tokens = 200000;

degradeMod = (item.getDegrade() - 20)*20000;

tokens += degradeMod;

player.tokens += tokens;

item.destroy;

}

sigcopyaf.png

Available to all players. Requires a Prayer level of 48 and a Dungeoneering level of 48. The amulet of zealots reduces your Prayer bonus, but adds small bonuses to each of your attack stats. While the amulet is worn, the effects of your prayers and curses are increased by 5%. The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple stat-boosting prayers.

Language/QC failures

Maybe they meant that the curse words we will be screaming at their company will be 5% louder.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Language/QC failures

Maybe they meant that the curse words we will be screaming at their company will be 5% louder.

:rolleyes:

Yeah but they don't really listen to us our curse "effects" are still 0. Actually, I guess 105% of 0 is still 0, so they're not lying...

sigcopyaf.png

That flying eyeball looks AWESOME... Cant wait to see the dialogue with it :D

And is the first thing that came out of Daemonheim, come to think of it?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Quite amusing that one of the rewards that costs tokens people cant even figure out what its meant to do. It might obviously be bugged or it might have a use thats so obscure and useless that no one know one can find it lol. I think the 'ingame' description should be trusted thats its meant to do SOMETHING.. which would suggest its bugged. Ontop of that the skill icon update makes no sense either from what I can figure out.

The pray amulet thing sounds useful in theory but I think I would rather kill faster and use a pot than kill slower and save a pot. Otherwise I wouldnt be using the pots to begin with..

So that basically makes all rewards pointless besides the herblore saving ability and the pet.This also doesnt seem to work properly but it doesnt matter as its still nice anyway. (The pet being useless but a nice cosmetic extra.)

Oh.. and yay for yet another generic website layout like all the others on the web.

Im not going to be dungeoning properly for a long time so I wont enjoy the new floors but atleast those do seem to look nice which is good in itself.

Be good to see the end storyline but I dont reckon there be much of it. Would be nice if at the very end is an extra floor or room or unique boss that you dont need to necessarily repeat each time but I doubt it. If there is something then I dont think there be much story involved.

No... a much easier way of doing this would be to implement some way of trading in items and getting tokens back.

{

tokens = 200000;

tokens += degradeMod;

player.tokens += tokens;

item.destroy;

}

I agree with a trade-in option. However, if I understand your code, a player could create tokens by charging their items with cash and then trading them back in...

2dgucz6.png

{

tokens = 200000;

tokens += degradeMod;

player.tokens += tokens;

item.destroy;

}

I agree with a trade-in option. However, if I understand your code, a player could create tokens by charging their items...

The code isnt meant to be rigorous, just an outline.

Also i totally forgot that using items on rewards traders makes him repair it... hahah oops.

sigcopyaf.png