02-Nov-2010 - Dungeoneering � The Warped Floors

SirHartlar

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think AoZ is a waste. If the 5% boost applies to individual prayers, it's the best amulet for hybriding with ranged.

Meh, even when you consider no str bonus, low att bonus, no def bonus, and -8 prayer?

If it is better, it won't be by much.

For hybriding with ranged, the only thing you care about is -15 defense and -8 ranged. Prayer bonus is pretty irrelevant. But I'd think that a 5% boost to defense and ranged attack is worth much more than that.

And a good hybrid would obviously carry other amulets to switch to, such as arcstream/fury/strength/glory.

Why not use rigour then? is switching prayers really that hard?(assuming you have rigour, augury and piety)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Hey, just registered my account here to uhhh...participate in the forums here. :D

Anyway, apart from the fact that the new rewards aren't that great, at least Jagex hasn't forgotten about Dungeoneering already, im glad they're still working on it at least, right?

MMM...cake.

Why not use rigour then? is switching prayers really that hard?(assuming you have rigour, augury and piety)

your PvMness is showing through :P no good hybrid uses modern prayers...

I'm just annoyed that KB lied about AoZ working for curses.

it apparently does work for curses:

EDIT from RSOFL:

basically this is how it works, the best way i can explain it.

the amulet only works on prayer that boosts a single skill at a time. It CAN work on MULITPLY prayer as long as they are a SINGLE stat boost.

for example, if you have mystic might and steel skin on, the necklace works for both because they both only boost a single stat.( mystic might only boost magic, and steel skin only boost defence).

For leeches, it only helps the offensive boost. For example: using the amulet with leech strength will give you max +15% strength from the 10%, but will not drain your foe up to 30% from their 25%.

It does NOT work for prayer like turmoil, piety and chivarly. because they boost more then one skill at a time.

Oh and it also dosent work for leech spec and leech run because they dont affect skill stats.

Looks good to me then. New best ranged hybrid ammy :thumbup:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

your PvMness is showing through :P no good hybrid uses modern prayers... unless the following person is right:

I'm just annoyed that KB lied about AoZ working for curses.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT thank god i didnt buy one then.

Well yeah, i've always sort of considered safe PvP sort of childish and at the time real pking still existed, the only hybriding that was done was mage+melee. In any case, as leeches don't usually even grant you the full 10%, i can see normal prayers being quite potent for hybriding, and i don't see the AOZ being much better than anything else(it can only be good for range, depending on if the extra 13 range attack makes a difference or not).

Well yeah, i've always sort of considered safe PvP sort of childish and at the time real pking still existed, the only hybriding that was done was mage+melee. In any case, as leeches don't usually even grant you the full 10%, i can see normal prayers being quite potent for hybriding, and i don't see the AOZ being much better than anything else(it can only be good for range, depending on if the extra 13 range attack makes a difference or not).

Safe PvP is the only place where real tribriding takes place. good safe-pvp tribrids demolish mage/melee hybrids... i have plenty of experience with this :P

And no, soul split absolutely DEMOLISHES in hybriding. Even if moderns could beat leeches (which they usually don't), the fact that you're losing SS makes a huge difference.

And it's only 8 ranged attack difference.

^ Disappointing surgebox stats.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Safe PvP is the only place where real tribriding takes place. good safe-pvp tribrids demolish mage/melee hybrids

And no, soul split absolutely DEMOLISHES in hybriding. Even if moderns could beat leeches (which they usually don't), the fact that you're losing SS makes a huge difference.

And it's only 8 ranged attack difference.

^ Disappointing surgebox stats.

I have no doubt in your knowledge of safe pvp, but for that it seems pretty pointless to me, and I don't see the ammy bonus(which is slight, at best) being worth it.

And umm, it's a 13 ranged attack difference, go look at the stats(since you are talking about amulet switching anyway).

Seconded on the surgebox stats though, i thought it would atleast be above 10, losing 13 mage attack bonus is a huge difference(coupled with 3 prayer and alot of defense)...

I have no doubt in your knowledge of safe pvp, but for that it seems pretty pointless to me, and I don't see the ammy bonus(which is slight, at best) being worth it.

And umm, it's a 13 ranged attack difference, go look at the stats(since you are talking about amulet switching anyway).

Seconded on the surgebox stats though, i thought it would atleast be above 10, losing 13 mage attack bonus is a huge difference(coupled with 3 prayer and alot of defense)...

Oh are you talking about a range ammy? Very few tribrids use range ammy, fury is better i think

Fury is +10, Aoz is +2; difference is +8.

Who knows. I'll probably get one and try it out, but my gut instinct tells me 5% ranged/5% def > 8 ranged bonus, 15 def bonus

sigcopyaf.png

surgebox.png

SurgeBox, looking forward to my next ice stryke task.

Kinda dissapointed it's only +7 magic attack. I was hoping for at least +10, not a big deal though... Could you test if you can save runes with staff of light and/or battle robes, with the runes in the box, or outside? Also, could you see how the bonus damage works, pretty please?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I have tried out one of the new prayer necklaces (dragontooth, since I can't afford 90 pray) while pietying a fire giants task and holding a bonecrusher. It helped. A lot. Each giant took about 3-4 ppoints, but instead of having to replenish those ppoints with just pots, I get 2 ppoints back for every kill. Making each firegiant cost approximately 1-2 ppoints. This is with extremes and typical piety-slayering equipment. Heck, with a cannon, you could probably gain ppoints on tasks like that.

a70c7.png

In terms of cost, 1 ppoint = :

I dose ppot ~2K = 30 prayer points

70 GP each.

Very little savings in terms of actual cost...

Plus in cases where you need the thing (i.e. slayer), you have enough inventory space that it's just a matter of bringing a few ppots

sigcopyaf.png

I have tried out the new prayer necklaces (dragontooth, since I can't afford 90 pray) while pietying a fire giants task and holding a bonecrusher. It helped. A lot. Each giant took about 3-4 ppoints, but instead of having to replenish those ppoints with just pots, I get 2 ppoints back for every kill. Making each firegiant cost approximately 1-2 ppoints. This is with extremes and typical piety-slayering equipment. Heck, with a cannon, you could probably gain ppoints on tasks like that.

The loss of combat bonuses is a shame, though. I could see it being pretty useful for convenience's sake, but I'm not sure how much money it would end up saving on prayer potions. It still looks interesting, and I may end up getting the dragontooth and bonecrusher once I have tokens to spare.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I have tried out one of the new prayer necklaces (dragontooth, since I can't afford 90 pray) while pietying a fire giants task and holding a bonecrusher. It helped. A lot. Each giant took about 3-4 ppoints, but instead of having to replenish those ppoints with just pots, I get 2 ppoints back for every kill. Making each firegiant cost approximately 1-2 ppoints. This is with extremes and typical piety-slayering equipment. Heck, with a cannon, you could probably gain ppoints on tasks like that.

A very generous estimate for the amount of money you'll save with that necklace is 5 prayer pots per hour, or about 30k gp. Which is nothing at ALL compared to the offense you're losing out on without a glory/fury.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

where the hell are the eye of the warrior, eye of the ranger, and eye of the mage rewards?

I think jagex thought they weren't useful enough and scrapped them....which is ironic.

can someone confirm spirit capes effect?

Apparently it doesn't have an effect on any special attack that uses scrolls.

BUT the in game examine says it works for ALL familiars.

What it actually does, I have no idea, because it does not appear to work for any special attacks, seeing as they all use scrolls.

pere_grin.png

I thought they were trying to make the icons on skillcapes match the icons on the skills page more accurately? Kinda failed on mage by flipping the hat around....

magecapefail.png

Saw it while crafting in edgeville and facepalmed.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Since when is the direction of the hat's tip anything even slightly close to being important?

Just pointing out a bug, no need to be a [bleep]. :rolleyes:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.