02-Nov-2010 - Dungeoneering � The Warped Floors

SirHartlar

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I read the knowledge base article right, the Demon Necklace is fairly useless.

The necklaces have the ability to give you prayer points, but the difference in the necklaces is that they can give points for different bone types.

So even if you have the demon necklace, you get 1 prayer point for normal bones. Bones that give 3 points per bury are Dragon, Ourg and Frost Dragon.

(Might have been said already, I skipped a bit of posts.)

Better stats is about the only added boon to it.

Apprently the demon horn one has an epic prayer bonus

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If I read the knowledge base article right, the Demon Necklace is fairly useless.

The necklaces have the ability to give you prayer points, but the difference in the necklaces is that they can give points for different bone types.

So even if you have the demon necklace, you get 1 prayer point for normal bones. Bones that give 3 points per bury are Dragon, Ourg and Frost Dragon.

Mmm, yeah the prayer bonus would probably be the only reason to get it.

The 1st necklace has +9, the last has +13 (I assume the 2nd has +11) ... the +4 is not worth the tokens.

+13 isn't as epic if you consider that the stoles are +10 and rarely used. Unless it has offensive stats that can be mentioned in the same sentence as fury, it's ****(not to mention, you HAVE to have bonecrusher when using it).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The herblore scroll is actually quite nice, might get it someday. The others, no thanks. They need some major buffing before they actually have an use.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Why would they make the prayer necklaces F2P and leave the bonecrusher as P2P? They must be in cahoots with orthopedics all across the world...

FUUUUUUUUUU

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Mmm, yeah the prayer bonus would probably be the only reason to get it.

I'm not sure +8 to pray is worth missing out on all the other bonuses a fury gives, esp. considering sw cape + fury and maybe one piece of pray armor (Or full bandos) gives all the pray bonus you really need.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

To the people with zealot ammy: if you do multiple +15% or multiple curses at the same time, does it do 20% boost for both or none?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

To the people with zealot ammy: if you do multiple +15% or multiple curses at the same time, does it do 20% boost for both or none?

It boosts for every prayer you use that's for 1 combat style.

What it works on: Steel Skin + Eagle Eye, Steel Skin + Ultimate Strength + Incredible Reflexes, etc.

What it doesn't work on: Piety, Chivalry, etc.

I haven't tried testing with curses yet.

a70c7.png

What it works on: Steel Skin + Eagle Eye, Steel Skin + Ultimate Strength + Incredible Reflexes, etc.

WHATT thats really good then. Augury and Rigour are almost useless...

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

WHATT thats really good then. Augury and Rigour are almost useless...

....provided that you want to bother with the -8 prayer bonus.

I'm hoping they fiddle with it so it boosts Piety/Augury/Rigour/Turmoil by a bit.

a70c7.png

While the amulet is worn, the effects of your prayers and curses are increased by 5%. The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple stat-boosting prayers.

That's what the KB says. So assuming that it is in fact correct, it should work on single-stat curses too. I'm guessing it works for multiple single-stat prayers/curses, too.

What is it 5% of? By logic going by the wording of vigour and zealot side by side, it should be 5% of 15 but....

And well, 20-20-20 still isn't better than piety, it could be useful as a cheap replacement for rigour, but even then the loss of prayer and attack is a biggie.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Rigour would only have 5% defence over eagle eye + steel skin, but don't forget -8 pray bonus will cut into your staying power (not to mention loss of 8 atk 15 def 8 str bonus).

Edit: this thread grows fast.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Nah I'm mainly considering curses. Curses > 15%s for hybrid pvp, and this would make them even stronger

sigcopyaf.png

An example would be Ash blast from the phoenix familar. I don't see what else it could be, The special attacks take scrolls and even if its activated from a headpiece it would have no effect as it doesn't drain your special bar.

This is what I was saying. The forge regent has a right click fireball option, but the right click options don't drain familiar special attack points. The only thing that uses familiar special attack points is scrolls, and it needs to use special attack points to be considered a special attack. Otherwise its just an ability that the familiar has, like the Unicorn's cure, or the Lava Titans +10 invisible firemaking boost.

The knowledge base says it's not for special attacks that use scrolls though, and people tested it and it doesn't work with the steel titans scroll attack.

I know this. My point is, every familiar in the game uses scrolls for a special attack. Let us call the "scrolless" attacks and other things a familiar can do "abilities".

By definition, a special attack must cost points from the familiar special attack bar.

You MUST use a scroll to make your familiar use its special attack (which costs points from the special attack bar).

There is no move any familiar can do that costs special attack points without using a scroll.

Abilities have a cost of zero points from the familiar special attack bar.

If the KB is correct, and the equation to determine the new cost [of whatever the Spirit Cape is claimed to help] is: (old cost)*0.8 = (new cost)

Then, Jagex is claiming that the Spirit Cape removes 20% of a cost of ZERO.

Therefore, the spirit cape would be completely useless.

At least all the other rewards appear to DO something.

pere_grin.png

RING OF KINSHIP HAS A QUICK SWITCH OPTION @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Probably gonna upgrade my tank and zerker rings now

sigcopyaf.png

They updated the demon bosses with this batch as well. Only got a picture of Har'Lakk though.

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter

Imgs

I miss the more flamboyent looking old har'lakk.

gaydemon.png

C1Geq.png

The In-game description of the cape claims that the cape reduces the cost of ALL scroll special attacks and not just combat fams. Way to go Jagex, a Monkey could explain these items better than your employees. :thumbdown:

Sylpheed.png