9-Nov-2010 - Bank Op and Equip Screen Update (BOAESU)

Pirkka

the expression for overall dg shield damage reduction should be ntegral(0.14(x-200)/x,x,200,max)/max. this evaluates to about 1 percent against a 300 max, 2 percent against a 400 max, 3.3 percent against 500 max. those percentages are halved for the secondary style damage reduction

I don't get why they bothered adding damage reduction so early. Especially when the number is misleading for dg shields.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be nice for the shields to reduce a whole 14 percentagainst damage instead of fractional 14.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

the expression for overall dg shield damage reduction should be ntegral(0.14(x-200)/x,x,200,max)/max. this evaluates to about 1 percent against a 300 max, 2 percent against a 400 max, 3.3 percent against 500 max. those percentages are halved for the secondary style damage reduction

That should kill the cks vs. divine/ely debate, lol.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Players will find they have temporary immunity from random events should they die to the Corporeal Beast, to allow them the opportunity to reclaim their losses.

THIS! Especially The Simpsons. +999999999999999999999999999999 :thumbsup:

As Comic Book Guy would say...Best. Update. EVER.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

101109061732u.png

The gasmask from plague city got updated, it looks awesome.

Great update!

Dude. Gas mask IS awesome. The old one looked like modern gear. The new version looks like some medieval stuff I've seen that plague healers or something actually wore. Irl. A few centuries ago. The bank update looks nice imo.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

They are going to fix the whole cant run out of bank normally by clicking in resizeable.

dgdg.png

The fix is better than rest of update combined. Having to streeeeetch across screen to the minimap, then rushing mouse back to click desired destination would of killed my wrist eventually and involved alot more clicking. Not to mention out of bank clicking while standing still was ruined.

This update should be good for those who argue over weapon speeds. Instead of the hit&miss KB, When you compare a weapon in game, it now states the speed. So far the classes I have seen are 'Medium' 'slow' and 'extremely slow'. For the reference, Rune scimitar was 'medium'.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Hmm, more reason never to get chaotic shields. Wasn't going to anyway, rapier will be enough of a pain as I hate DGing.

The bank thing I can't see being terribly useful. Not really bothered by the no clicking out thing either as I always used the minimap anyway (bigger target than that little x, and it gets me started where I'm going immediately).

The equip screen stuff sounds pretty cool though. It will help for determining that most of the future weapons and armors that Jagex release, are, in fact, garbage.

The equip screen stuff sounds pretty cool though. It will help for determining that most of the future weapons and armors that Jagex release, are, in fact, garbage.

except it seems hardcoded, so the damage absorption data might not be any more accurate than the RS knowledge base.

*points to spirit shields atm*

Naaxi.png

This update should be good for those who argue over weapon speeds. Instead of the hit&miss KB, When you compare a weapon in game, it now states the speed. So far the classes I have seen are 'Medium' 'slow' and 'extremely slow'. For the reference, Rune scimitar was 'medium'.

I'm not sure why scimitars, daggers, whips and the like are "medium". I always though of them as "fast". From what I saw, this is what the speed classes are:

Speed 6 (daggers, scimitars, whip...): Medium

Speed 5 (longswords, basic spears...): Slow

Speed 4 (battleaxes, godswords....): Very slow

Speed 3 (basic twohanders, granite maul...): Extremely slow

I haven't seen what speed 7 (darts and knives) or speed 1 (dark bow) are called yet.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Half bottles of wine now have a confirmation box upon drinking.

Tbh, thought this would've been solved with the edibles...

Also, it's a half jug....not half bottle :wall:

And....

The bound celestial surgebox is now the same size as the unbound variant.

Personally, I like this because everytime I'm in a large dungeon and I'm planting seeds for pot doors, the first item I go for is my CSB, because it looks like a seed <_<

For those that don't know what I mean, a similar example is how Elf teleport crystals look similar to Crystal seeds.

Didn't you hear? They're changing wine jugs to bottles. You also can drink them in two servings, making half jugs no longer discontinued. Why would you need a confirmation box? It's to warn you of the dangers of alcohol and how drinking irresponsibly can be dangerous to your health.

inb4 joke post gets removed for supposed price manipulation

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Didn't you hear? They're changing wine jugs to bottles. You also can drink them in two servings, making half jugs no longer discontinued. Why would you need a confirmation box? It's to warn you of the dangers of alcohol and how drinking irresponsibly can be dangerous to your health.

+1 :thumbup:

even if you replace the 10% with 7% and the 20% with 14%, you'll still never soak up to that much of all the damage. it only reduces damage over 200. the people who wrote the knowledge base completely misunderstood the way the shields work

and the wording on the equipment screen "absorb magic" is completely misleading as well. that also suggests that X% of all damage received of that style is absorbed

While agree the wording sucks...the KB DOES say it only applies to hits over 200.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

So. Chaotic shields are now known to suck even more than they did in the first place. Whoohoo, one more thing to get last.

Corp update looks nice, although I won't be using it much because... I don't kill the Corp much.

Bank update looks like it could have been better implemented.

Overall, not as good as I had expected. Meh.

a70c7.png

would be nice for the shields to reduce a whole 14 percentagainst damage instead of fractional 14.

Agreed. I don't even see why they implemented something that soaks up only 1 damage (going by the old hp system), if hit a 30.

Though if someone AGS specced you for a 60 while wearing the current shield (again, going by the old hp system), it would be a 54 instead.

It really doesn't make that much of a difference though at the higher hits, as if the shield soaked 14% of all melee damage, instead of a 60, it would be 52. Only 2 hp different then the shield is now.

For lower hits it would be better like for 25, you would soak up 3-4 damage opposed to the current ingame one where it would be almost 1.

D claws on the other hand would make the soaking of the shield fairly useless atm.

Doubt I'll be getting the shield anytime soon though, at least not the melee one.

--

However, I like the update. The stat comparing and checking thing is nice. Also glad they are fixing the no-clicking outside the bank thing with the next update.

I'm not sure why scimitars, daggers, whips and the like are "medium". I always though of them as "fast". From what I saw, this is what the speed classes are:

Speed 6 (daggers, scimitars, whip...): Medium

Speed 5 (longswords, basic spears...): Slow

Speed 4 (battleaxes, godswords....): Very slow

Speed 3 (basic twohanders, granite maul...): Extremely slow

I haven't seen what speed 7 (darts and knives) or speed 1 (dark bow) are called yet.

7, (rapid sbows) 1.8 second per attack.

8, (rapid knives) 1.2 second per attack

O.O

dsslol.png

DIVINE NERF DOESN'T ABOSRB DAMAGE ANYMORE

Nice fail jagex on not showing the 30% reduction. Shameless promotion of the DG shield which, frankly, suck mega donkey balls.

I am honestly getting tired of the bull [cabbage]. Jagex needs to get better developers, who actually know the game, and gain some better communication skills, so that the KB can be correct. The number of errors is abysmal.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

dsslol.png

Nice fail jagex on not showing the 30% reduction. Shameless promotion of the DG shield which, frankly, suck mega donkey balls.

I actually just canceled my membership as a final push off the edge from this update, probably for good. I only renewed it after the BTS mentioned new Dungeoneering rewards. (ROFL) Now we find out that dungeoneering shields are even worse than originally thought. On top of this, I'm sick of how stupid JaGeX is in general - currently referring to how knowledge base is ALWAYS wrong about EVERYTHING and it's the official website. This means that the dungeoneering rewards have been wrong for a year now? Don't know how long the skill has been out. They have had wrong information in the game ITSELF AS WELL.

But now we find out shields are actually 7%-14% and it's not even say 300-14%... it's 300-200-14%. Someone did some quick math somewhere and Jad has to 1-hit you to soak a 3 digit number. I mean really, wtf is with all these limits on shields anyway. EVEN WITHOUT LIMITS THEY STILL SOAK LESS THAN SPIRIT SHIELDS.

But another of the over 9000 idiot things of JaGeX, is what you have pointed out - the equip screen doesn't show spirit shields soaking damage. Wtf? Dung (crap) shields don't ALWAYS absorb either so why not show the absorb of spirit shields that ALSO don't ALWAYS absorb. Just completely sick of how stupid this company has gotten. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

dsslol.png

I am honestly getting tired of the bull [cabbage]. Jagex needs to get better developers, who actually know the game, and gain some better communication skills, so that the KB can be correct. The number of errors is abysmal.

Jagex could always use players as beta testers for most updates. They are completely free and a few 100 players can test content way way more thoroughly than a few quality assurance jmods can.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Jagex could always use players as beta testers for most updates. They are completely free and a few 100 players can test content way way more thoroughly than a few quality assurance jmods can.

They already do this- they just don't even have to bother giving us beta accounts. They just don't deal with it when beta testers lose items to a bug and clean it up the next week. Cheapest and most hassle free beta testing ever (assuming you ignore the ensuing rants on the forums, which believe me, Jages does).

Good example of why I tend to avoid playing for the first ~half day after an update- people losing binds in the dungeoneering update. You never know what you'll find in the dangerous game that is live testing!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Surprised they didn't fubar the bank.

I'll have to try to rc with it.

I don't use the macro keys like everybody else, so this ought to improve my xp rates and motivate me to use all the pouches. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol