A historical moment is drawing near

Unknown_Warrior

OMG he waited!!!

/sarcasm

Get over yourself, nubs... In case you don't know, but waiting for your particular skill to be the last to reach 200m XP is SOMETHING THE PEOPLE FROM THE OTHER SKILLS COULD ALSO HAVE DONE!!!

Well actually, due to the introduction of effigies, waiting to get 200m slayer would have been extremely risky. Otherwise, maybe Toony could have waited. If Wisely had waited at 199m exp, someone could have easily just whipped out their tokens and stolen rank 1. Phoenix had a big gain on rank 2 and Toony [did not] because of effigies.

ZMFg2.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Odin is a [bleep], lol.

He's waited to get 200m for what, over a year? JUST so he could have the satisfaction of being the last person to max out a skill? Does he honestly believe that others will say "RC is obviously the hardest and longest 200m because it was the last, so he's the best RS player lololololol!" That's [bleep]ing stupid, and he's a douche for doing it. Slayer took a hell of a lot longer then RC, and anyone with a brain knows that.

I have absolutely ZERO respect for him, or this "achievement".

he can do whatever he wants, and i have zero respect for you

:thumbup: I second that.

Phoenix Odin is a [bleep], lol.

He's waited to get 200m for what, over a year? JUST so he could have the satisfaction of being the last person to max out a skill? Does he honestly believe that others will say "RC is obviously the hardest and longest 200m because it was the last, so he's the best RS player lololololol!" That's [bleep]ing stupid, and he's a douche for doing it. Slayer took a hell of a lot longer then RC, and anyone with a brain knows that.

I have absolutely ZERO respect for him, or this "achievement".

I agree. I think he'll realize he wasted too much time in life when his greatest achievement isn't even real.

An achievement is all the same no matter what you call it. If you achieved something incredibly difficult even in a game, you are no doubt going to be very proud

of yourself and feel accomplished.

He wants 200m dung exp first..

Four people have 200m dungeoneering experience now, and a further four are within the last 10% to that goal.

Unless you mean Pheonix wants the dungeoneering experience? :blink: He could probably make it by the time anyone gets anywhere near 200m RCing experience.

Yeah, he meant that he wants to get 200m dungeoneering exp before maxing runecraft (no matter what number dung'er he is) to not waste exp from crafting runes in Daemonheim.

Let's please spend less time discussing Phoenix Odin as an individual and stop speculating about what his motives are and instead spend more time talking about the topic at hand: "Could this be the start of new goals to look forward to?" We don't really encourage discussing well known players since they are not here to defend themselves. It's not our place to judge them or their motives and quite frankly, we don't know anything about them personally ;) Also remember that "Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted."

That discussion was answered in a couple lines on page 1, the far more interesting and complex topic is the pros and cons of saving some experience at the end of getting 200m for efficiency and protecting ranks.

2496 Completionist

Hmm, very interesting. Will Odin get 200m dg along with 200m rc? That would be really nice to watch :D

I understand why he left rc for so long though. 1) No one else is in position to snatch rank 1. 2) He wants to secure an early dg rank as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Quick question: With toony, someone said that effigies were a threat to him so he didnt wait to get rank 1. Seeing that the #2 guy is at 150M, how quickly can someone get 50M xp off of effigies?

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Quick question: With toony, someone said that effigies were a threat to him so he didnt wait to get rank 1. Seeing that the #2 guy is at 150M, how quickly can someone get 50M xp off of effigies?

At 99 stats, you get 48029 xp per effigy.

50 m xp = 1041 effigies needed.

Considering you can have 438 (i think?) bank spaces, it's gonna take a fair while.

Not including the time to actually GET the effigies.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

At 99 stats, you get 48029 xp per effigy.

50 m xp = 1041 effigies needed.

Considering you can have 438 (i think?) bank spaces, it's gonna take a fair while.

Not including the time to actually GET the effigies.

The kicker would be 300-400 effigies plus a ton of soul wars points

There's no way to guess how many soul wars points someone has, so it was always a constant threat

2496 Completionist

I cannot imagine anyone having the 21k zeal for 30m slayer xp, considering that even winning every game only gets you 11-12k xp/h.

And considering Rank 2 was named "150m Slayer XP", Toony pretty much had Rank 1 in the bag.

Well, when Drumgun got ~50m strength exp at once, since each Zeal is ~9433 Strength exp, that was 5.3k Zeal. 21k is extreme, but it's not exactly the point I wanted to make.

I'm not saying that at the very moment Toony got 200m there was danger from second place. I'm just saying that between Slayer points, effigies, and Zeal, there's no easy experience margin to point to and say "I'm safe until someone else reaches there."

For runecrafting it's a different story. Even with an insane amount of effigies, full penguin points stored, etc, you can barely break 20m experience at one time. The second place runecrafter isn't within 20m yet. Also, someone with a huge amount of effigies would have very noticeable constitution and combat experience gains, which are easier to cross-reference than Slayer points and Zeal.

2496 Completionist

Agreed 200m RC was done way before 200m Slayer, and tbh 99 Dungeoneering is easier than 99 cooking.

Edit: Was hoping rank 2 RC passed him for waiting so long.

>Dungeoneering is easier than 99 cooking.

What?

How is cooking, a skill extremely easy to buy and get 99 in, easier than the complex skill of Dungeoneering?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Admittedly it isn't anywhere near as boring as cooking, but xp levels depend on HOW you play it. If you're more relaxed, like I am, you won't get the sort of xp rates that you get when cooking. I don't want to derail the thread, though :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Admittedly it isn't anywhere near as boring as cooking, but xp levels depend on HOW you play it. If you're more relaxed, like I am, you won't get the sort of xp rates that you get when cooking. I don't want to derail the thread, though :P

You have such an absurd paranoia with thread derailment.

If you have something interesting to add, add it. We can't have a new thread for every idea. Discuss what flows naturally out of a topic.

If you started talking about sports in this thread, I would say you derailed it. But talking about experience rates in a thread about skill-maxing...that sounds acceptable to me.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If you have something interesting to add, add it. We can't have a new thread for every idea. Discuss what flows naturally out of a topic.

If you started talking about sports in this thread, I would say you derailed it. But talking about experience rates in a thread about skill-maxing...that sounds acceptable to me.

You bring up a noteworthy point on what constitutes thread derailment. I agree that confining the discussion to the parameters of the thread established in the opening post would seriously limit conversation potential. Perhaps we need a more elaborate analysis of acceptable tangents of discourse within a single topic

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

You bring up a noteworthy point on what constitutes thread derailment. I agree that confining the discussion to the parameters of the thread established in the opening post would seriously limit conversation potential. Perhaps we need a more elaborate analysis of acceptable tangents of discourse within a single topic

I'm just wary of taking a thread off on a tangent because it's very easy to get people drawn into arguments that *aren't* really about the main topic at hand. Wether or not Cooking or Dungeoneering is an easier skill isn't really the topic of this thread and it's not hard for people to become embroiled in an argument about it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

Agreed 200m RC was done way before 200m Slayer, and tbh 99 Dungeoneering is easier than 99 cooking.

What?

How is cooking, a skill extremely easy to buy and get 99 in, easier than the complex skill of Dungeoneering?

Imo Dungeoneering is easier than cooking, because I would say Dungeoneering is about the same speed as cooking sharks while costing no money at all, plus is way more enjoyable.

Also most likely 1st page Dungeoneering ranks will all be 200m sometime in January when the skill hasn't even been out for 1 year, and cooking has about 200 people at 200m Xp and has been out since classic.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

What?

Imo Dungeoneering is easier than cooking, because I would say Dungeoneering is about the same speed as cooking sharks while costing no money at all, plus is way more enjoyable.

Also most likely 1st page Dungeoneering ranks will all be 200m sometime in January when the skill hasn't even been out for 1 year, and cooking has about 200 people at 200m Xp and has been out since classic.

There's also no incentive to train cooking past 99 really. With dungeoneering, getting 200m exp isn't a waste, seeing as how you get all of the tokens, which can be used to purchase rewards and used to recharge any rewards you have already bought. With cooking, anything past level 99 is just throwing away money.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

If Odin really wants 200m dg before 200m rc, he should just forget it. He has less than 25k rc xp left, but still has 40m dg xp left.

At the rate at which he gains rc xp and dg xp, he would surely get rc first...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If Odin really wants 200m dg before 200m rc, he should just forget it. He has less than 25k rc xp left, but still has 40m dg xp left.

At the rate at which he gains rc xp and dg xp, he would surely get rc first...

Not if he turns his shared xp off and doesn't do any runecrafting in a dungeon :/

Finding another maxed player to dungeon with when you're that high isn't a problem , so they can do the rc doors.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I think from level 99 to 200m dungeoneering is easier and more enjoyable than cooking, but for 1-99 cooking is way easier than dg. Especially if you start dging now from a low level, it's a pain since it'll take a long time till you have access to good teams.

I think from level 99 to 200m dungeoneering is easier and more enjoyable than cooking, but for 1-99 cooking is way easier than dg. Especially if you start dging now from a low level, it's a pain since it'll take a long time till you have access to good teams.

dg 110-200m is much more enjoyable than cooking however 1-99 dg is a pretty difficult skill well i did it b4 occults but still its hard to get access to good teams at that lvl...

warped came when i was 115 and i had access to the good yummy exp ;P

tho im not in a rush for 200m im just doing it as it comes lol.

also 120-200m dg u have benifit of friends or others to help u and everytime u do a map its a different expirience.

but 99-200m cook its just watching videos or w/e while u cook =p

StarViv.png