Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I just want free stuff again.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware it was my job to hand deliver any and all possible existing screenshots of what happened. How many of those asking for pictures have actually looked for them yourself? Honestly? I lead a very busy life schedule right now and my priorities consist of more than trying to appease a few people who, with reason of course, have their doubts.

And share screen is not a screenshot, it is literally "I see his screen". When I asked him to show me the chat from MMG again, it was scrolled away due to the chat buffer.

What happened happened within 5 minutes or so and was unexpected. Not every person on the planet was in that CC, in fact 100 were, and not every single person on RS is a member of a forum. Anyone with their own doubts can happily ask some of the ranks who were there and can get the next best thing from hearing it from the man himself.

Plus, as said above, look at TheAncient's screenie, far from conclusive, but enough to warrant a "hmm..."

I wasn't aware it was my job to hand deliver any and all possible existing screenshots of what happened. How many of those asking for pictures have actually looked for them yourself? Honestly? I lead a very busy life schedule right now and my priorities consist of more than trying to appease a few people who, with reason of course, have their doubts.

And share screen is not a screenshot, it is literally "I see his screen". When I asked him to show me the chat from MMG again, it was scrolled away due to the chat buffer.

What happened happened within 5 minutes or so and was unexpected. Not every person on the planet was in that CC, in fact 100 were, and not every single person on RS is a member of a forum. Anyone with their own doubts can happily ask some of the ranks who were there and can get the next best thing from hearing it from the man himself.

Plus, as said above, look at TheAncient's screenie, far from conclusive, but enough to warrant a "hmm..."

I'm not doubting you, but I don't believe it 100% so in everyone else's defense I think that the reason they wouldn't believe is well. You did kind of lie about the climbing boot update. If I am correct

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I'm not doubting you, but I don't believe it 100% so in everyone else's defense I think that the reason they wouldn't believe is well. You did kind of lie about the climbing boot update. If I am correct

Ah well, thank goodness, because you're not correct. But that's an entirely different can of worms.

yeah, I checked zybez, runehq, sals realm and other forums and saw nothing at a quick glance - something this big would of made it to those as well in a 24 hour period imo.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well then, I continue to stand by the fact that only 100 can fit into a clanchat, and although large, the entire RuneScape userbase who uses fansites is comparatively small to those that don't. That and Ancient's picture. Not the best form of proof in the world, but proof enough it was discussed in game. Anyways, I'm off to work.

Ah well, thank goodness, because you're not correct. But that's an entirely different can of worms.

Well then I just feel dumb now. Sorry about that. Either way you got me excited so if it isn't true. Then son. I am disappoint.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I'm not sure why people always say "it won't happen ever, ever" when talking about the old wilderness or free trade. I mean, what would you have said to someone prior to that update if they said they were removing the wilderness and free trade? Actually, I remember someone at least predicted the removal of free trade following the release of the GE. People said it wasn't going to happen. Oops?

Even if a Jmod said it won't ever happen I still don't trust them. I distinctly remember reading a post by a J mod saying dragon hatchet and pickaxe probably will never happen. Jagex has a lot of employees, and frankly they aren't RuneScape's "government". Things can change very easily in game development...

yeah, I checked zybez, runehq, sals realm and other forums and saw nothing at a quick glance - something this big would of made it to those as well in a 24 hour period imo.

like logdot said, this was a very small incident

and yes, the circumstances around it seem pretty shady so i doubt many people would believe it.

just to be clear, i am not claiming that the wildy or free trade are likely to come back. i am suggesting that it is possible that mmg did go into that clan chat and talk about it, cause the overwhelming majority of the cc said so when i entered. there were mods there too so i don't think the entire cc is simply pranking.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I wonder what the reqs would be if they did bring it back? He said VERY long term so the reqs would be a bit high I think.

Maybe 2000 total? Or better yet, ingame time spent? Possibly something like 30 days of time on the account. Yes bots spent 24/7 on the game, but I don't think a typical bot could last 30 solid days before being banned.

I wonder what the reqs would be if they did bring it back? He said VERY long term so the reqs would be a bit high I think.

Maybe 2000 total? Or better yet, ingame time spent? Possibly something like 30 days of time on the account. Yes bots spent 24/7 on the game, but I don't think a typical bot could last 30 solid days before being banned.

30 days isn't much at all and if you think a bot can't last 30 days then you sir are horribly mistaken and need to brush up on your research.

At the very least if this is going to have a amount of days requirement 100-150 days would be minimum.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I'm sure that they could monitor everyone's Loot/Trades/Private messages, ect for RWT. :thumbup: I DISLIKE the Wildy w/ Pkers :ohnoes: With Free Trades that would help with "Junk Trades" for Rares/items & for helping out Friends :thumbup: Thats good for having Limited worlds for the Wildy/Free trades.

(need 989k Grapes & 600k Jugs of waters) :^_^:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

I'll believe it when it happens, MMG talks a lot a BS usually. Although I liked it better before the RWT updates, I've grown use to it all now and I can't see how it would be integrated into a 2 tier system without it conflicting with each other.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

The 'proof' picture is nothing whatsoever. It can't be classified proof MMG said anything. It is proof of two things. One, somebody was in his clan chat. Two, some people in the clan chat perpetuated the rumour.

We can dismiss the picture as useless.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The 'proof' picture is nothing whatsoever. It can't be classified proof MMG said anything. It is proof of two things. One, somebody was in his clan chat. Two, some people in the clan chat perpetuated the rumour.

but can't assuming that its not real be just as bad as assuming that its real?

After all there is that picture and its not like MMG's chat is so slow that a group could make it look exactly like that. It doesn't hurt to have a little hope instead of crushing it into the ground before there is any definite proof for either side.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

With a topic as controversial as the old wilderness, and with something that could be used in the future to deface MMG is something I think need proof before any assumption can be made.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

With a topic as controversial as the old wilderness, and with something that could be used in the future to deface MMG is something I think need proof before any assumption can be made.

Eh, being an avid pker one can only dream..... I suppose you are right, but it wouldn't really suprise me if MMG did say something like this and it was taken out of context.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

It doesn't hurt to have a little hope instead of crushing it into the ground before there is any definite proof for either side.

Considering the precedence created by the company itself and the repeated statements/locked threads on the RSOF demanding etc about free trade coming back, I'd say that's fair reason to do exactly that. Furthermore, to argue otherwise would require way more to convince anyone to the contrary than just speculation and hearsay. That's just what happens when you discuss things on a board. Call it jaded if you want. I want free trading back too, but I'm not delusional.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah, but it's your word against mine, Ancient's, and the 20 - 30 that were in the clan chat and all said the same thing at the same time, including ranks. I understand that may not be a legitimate enough reason for you, but how about taking a leap of faith and perhaps considering that it happened instead of indirectly insulting me by saying I propagated this myth out of nowhere.

the point of the picture was to show logdot isn't pulling this out his a

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

"Selling 5 year old lvl 3 account!"

Anyone?

I have quite a few of those, I can already imagine what would happen if this update was released...

Maybe the accounts also need to have a good amount of xp before they can access free trade?