Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Off topic but I remember my friend had a buddy who staked massive, and paid for his college tuition entirely by selling all his staked money.

No offense, but you've got to stop believing what everyone tells you, people do lie sometimes... :razz:

Free trade and old wilderness back would seem like a huge waste of Jagex' time to me.

- GE isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than pre-GE.

- PK'ing has seen so many updates in the last years, trying to tweak it more and more. It even sort of wrecked our economy, making items skyrocket from inflation.

I think that changing all this stuff back again won't attract as many players as left due to the changes a few years ago.

+ our accounts would be at more risk, especially since they would be able to trade away a whole bank in a few clicks...

+ RWT would be made easier

The price we would pay to change everything back again is high.

They should put their focus on brand new updates imo, not on microwaving the leftovers from yesterday.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic but I remember my friend had a buddy who staked massive, and paid for his college tuition entirely by selling all his staked money.

No offense, but you got to stop believing what everyone tells you, people do lie sometimes... :razz:

Free trade and old wilderness back would seem like a huge waste of time to me.

- GE isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than pre-GE.

- PK'ing has seen so many updates in the last years, trying to tweak it more and more. It even sort of wrecked our economy, making items skyrocket from inflation.

I think that changing all this stuff back again won't attract as many players as left due to the changes a few years ago.

+ our accounts would be at more risk, especially since they would be able to trade away a whole bank in a few clicks...

+ RWT would be made easier

The price we would pay to change everything back again is higher than I want to pay.

They should put their focus on brand new updates, not on microwaving the leftovers from yesterday.

You would be surprised at the amount of money people will pay for the best items in game. There's a reason partyhats sell for hundreds, HUNDREDS, of dollars on websites like S y t h e

There are people on that website with photo proof of making thousands of dollars recovering old accounts and selling the rares on them, or phishing current ones and doing the same.

This game is a cash cow for those willing to break the rules associated with it.

You would be surprised at the amount of money people will pay for the best items in game. There's a reason partyhats sell for hundreds, HUNDREDS, of dollars on websites like S y t h e

There are people on that website with photo proof of making thousands of dollars recovering old accounts and selling the rares on them, or fishing current ones and doing the same.

This game is a cash cow for those willing to break the rules associated with it.

I know, a friend of mine was hacked a few weeks ago. His cash was still there, yellow was gone. (which I believe is going for 400-500 on some sites)

Free trade would make this kind of stuff worse imo. His whole bank would have been gone. (and the scammer would have made maybe 1000 with hacking his account)

More incentive -> more hacking attempts

There are people on that website with photo proof of making thousands of dollars recovering old accounts and selling the rares on them, or fishing current ones and doing the same.

I know, a friend of mine was hacked a few weeks ago. His cash was still there, yellow was gone. (which I believe is going for 400-500 on some sites)

Free trade would make this kind of stuff worse imo. His whole bank would have been gone. (and the scammer would have made maybe 1000 with hacking his account)

More incentive -> more hacking attempts

That wouldn't be much of a problem if people did virus scans, had bank pins, only logged onto trusted computers, and if Jagex ever released that number generator they have been talking about.

Yeah, even today i have friends who don't play anymore but make up to a thousand pounds from selling rs gp. The major reasons of free trade removal just don't apply when it obviously didn't work. I'm not even going to bother and mock the millionth 'sissy-scape' comment above of why free trade is bad, seriously, i thought people being responsible for their actions was a good thing.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I laugh at the people who don't want this to happen. :twss:

People don't want old wilderness because they weren't a pker, they sucked at pking or they are an '09 prod. They don't want free trade because they fear RWT will come back even though its still here. The economy will most likely go :thumbup: if us old players didn't have to rely on the grand exchange.

I find it hilarious that people are still whining about this entire subject, to the point that they have to fabricate false rumours about it on a message forum.

Give it up already children. The old Wildy is gone. Free Trade is gone. Evolve or die.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

People don't want old wilderness because they weren't a pker, they sucked at pking or they are an '09 prod. They don't want free trade because they fear RWT will come back even though its still here. The economy will most likely go :thumbup: if us old players didn't have to rely on the grand exchange.

I find it hilarious that people are still whining about this entire subject, to the point that they have to fabricate false rumours about it on a message forum.

Give it up already children. The old Wildy is gone. Free Trade is gone. Evolve or die.

I want proof of where anyone was whining on this thread recently. PLUS- when did you get the right to call other people children? 20f92t3.png

I find it hilarious that feeble-minded people have to downtrod on others for discussing possible updates to RuneScape, to the point that they have to hide behind their own prejudgemental backings in an effort to sound intelligent or superior to others who are more open-minded than themselves.

Would you have guessed Jagex would be level resetting six weeks ago. Hell, would you have guessed they would have ever removed the objects in question to begin with?

Give it up already child. There is such a thing as hope and possibility. Things can change.

I'm not even going to bother and mock the millionth 'sissy-scape' comment above of why free trade is bad, seriously, i thought people being responsible for their actions was a good thing.

I think that comment refers to me so I'll take the courtesy to respond.

RWT-measures work to some extent, on most RWT-sites you have to give your pass/pin in order to receive millions on your account. This is a step too far for some kids.

Putting our accounts at more risk equals to being responsible to you? How exactly?

Even the best virus scanners can't detect every keylogger and a bank pin is handy if the hacking-program isn't taking screenshots with every mouseclick.

Being responsible is one thing, assuming that every person has a high knowledge of computer programs (like you probably do) is another.

btw: if you feel the urge to 'mock' people and call them a sissy, can't you fulfill that urge on another forum?

Unless there is confirmation by a J mod, going by what players say, to me, is considered a rumour. So until there is confirmation or un-edited screenshots (not faked) of a J mod saying so, I will consider it not true. If it is true though, then it would be very nice.

Well apparently, there's going to be specific worlds for the trade and wild, and they'll be only for very long term accounts with no bad track records, which would make an entirely huge amount of sense.

That would be great. I would like to be rewarded for my good behaviour :-D

2vuhgcn.png

I'm not even going to bother and mock the millionth 'sissy-scape' comment above of why free trade is bad, seriously, i thought people being responsible for their actions was a good thing.

RWT-measures work to some extent, on most RWT-sites you have to give your pass/pin in order to receive millions on your account. This is a step too far for some kids.

Putting our accounts at more risk equals to being responsible to you? How exactly?

Even the best virus scanners can't detect every keylogger and a bank pin is handy if the hacking-program isn't taking screenshots with every mouseclick.

Being responsible is one thing, assuming that every person has a high knowledge of computer programs (like you probably do) is another.

You would only be able to trade between veteran accounts. That means that you would have to risk an account with x amount of time played on it if you wanted to buy gold or items. I think that takes more balls than giving a site your password to put gold on it. Sites that have to have enough credibility to still be in operation.

It isn't hard to keep your computer/password secure.

4e0Vn.png

btw: if you feel the urge to 'mock' people and call them a sissy, can't you fulfill that urge on another forum?

I just find it ironical that people claim they were hacked when in reality they trusted someone they shouldn't. If you don't learn the important lessons the easy way(being stripped of your pixel belongings), chances are you'll be stripped of something more dear because of it. People take good care with their internet bank accounts, why not do it in other areas?

I just find it ironical that people claim they were hacked when in reality they trusted someone they shouldn't. If you don't learn the important lessons the easy way(being stripped of your pixel belongings), chances are you'll be stripped of something more dear because of it. People take good care with their internet bank accounts, why not do it in other areas?

Internet bank accounts get hacked too, in 99% of the cases banks refund the money lost without hesitation because they want to avoid public attention.

You would only be able to trade between veteran accounts. That means that you would have to risk an account with x amount of time played on it if you wanted to buy gold or items. I think that takes more balls than giving a site your password to put gold on it. Sites that have to have enough credibility to still be in operation.

True.

But since Jagex (in most occasions) has an entirely different opinion on the definition of 'veteran' or 'high lvl' I have my doubts. :???:

I think one of the main reasons people don't want the old-style wilderness to return is because, well frankly, they didn't experience it. It's easy to say things like, "The old wilderness was obsolete", or, "Times have changed, grow up kid." 

If you ask the old famous pkers (Yankin Deez, Frostydapker, Mezmorize420) they will say old wilderness was better.

People can hate on it all they want, but they probably haven't went out to world 18 and pked at magebank, portals, or hills.

Same goes for the duel arena. They can hate, but odds are they didn't get the full experience of staking. 

As goes for free trade, people hate because idiots get scammed or hacked.

RWT? Not everyone did it. Actually, only a select few did it. Everyone makes it seems like hundreds of thousands did it. 

Tl;dr: Don't knock it till you try it. If you haven't tried it, you have no business giving your personal opinion. 

If you have actually pked and gotten full experience out of the wild and think this ones better, then your opinion will be valued. 

Tl;dr: Don't knock it till you try it. If you haven't tried it, you have no business giving your personal opinion. 

Tried it - hated it - if they reintroduce it I'll never go to the effin wilderness again. :ohnoes:

As long as you tried it. Better than people never pking and hating.

For the sake of everyone, life was freeeee back then. I almost feel like I'm playing a game controlled so much it's similiar to China. Yet I still play everyday :). Bring the wildy and trade back! We want freedom :D

0dbe56f8.jpg

99Prayer|99Strength|99Cooking|99Constitution

I almost feel like I'm playing a game controlled so much it's similiar to China.

I think that is a good analogy of looking at it for those that haven't experienced the magic(or normality) of free trade/real pking/staking.

Be it true or false, I don't want this to happen. I've always been uncomfortable with someone acquiring money without actively working for it. Giving cash to an alternate account or friend is killing the spirit of this game which should prevent someone from having an unfair advantage over others. Much like botting and account leveling.

But you are OK with the way the rare item economy works? Or the fact that pking(the main thing in scape until 07) is dead? Not to mention that jagex can still trace and ban people purposely giving away cash(like they did back when free trade was allowed). Another thing that alot of high level players miss is the thrill of staking, which would also be a major boost.

I've never cared much for the rare economy, same thing with pking (it was never the "main thing", even though it was more popular back then). As for tracing very unbalanced trades, I don't believe Jagex has that ability. I had friends who made nice money when they quit selling their cash without punishment.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Be it true or false, I don't want this to happen. I've always been uncomfortable with someone acquiring money without actively working for it. Giving cash to an alternate account or friend is killing the spirit of this game which should prevent someone from having an unfair advantage over others. Much like botting and account leveling.

But you are OK with the way the rare item economy works? Or the fact that pking(the main thing in scape until 07) is dead? Not to mention that jagex can still trace and ban people purposely giving away cash(like they did back when free trade was allowed). Another thing that alot of high level players miss is the thrill of staking, which would also be a major boost.

I've never cared much for the rare economy, same thing with pking (it was never the "main thing", even though it was more popular back then). As for tracing very unbalanced trades, I don't believe Jagex has that ability. I had friends who made nice money when they quit selling their cash without punishment.

Actually jagex can trace trades. They can do about anything. But tracing everyone would be difficult.

I think if targets dropped what was in their inventory/wearing than pking would become more popular. I think it would be really hard to RWT, in a highly populated BH world. Someone could wait for the target to be the person they want to RWT with, but who would go through all the trouble, would probably take an entire day or more to get the person your going to RWT as your target. Assuming BH worlds are very populated, and the players are around your combat level.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I think if targets dropped what was in their inventory/wearing than pking would become more popular. I think it would be really hard to RWT, in a highly populated BH world. Someone could wait for the target to be the person they want to RWT with, but who would go through all the trouble, would probably take an entire day or more to get the person your going to RWT as your target. Assuming BH worlds are very populated, and the players are around your combat level.

Yes but if they're xfering a partyhat with inv full of rares etc, that's worth the chance.

So, define a Veteran: I say based on total months of member, skill total, quest points and other various factors (house wealth, mini-game rank, random encounter total, etc). Next, a dedicated server for those of "Veteran" level that's like the Wildy of old (pk north of the border, non-pk south). Tombstone does not appear in the wild.

I have problems with those 2 suggested requirements. I have been playing since 02 but would certainly not meet them, does it make me less of a veteran?

I'm sure Jagex can find more stuff to base veteran status on, like days played and account registering date.

One the server subject, agreed :)

I'm never of the opinion that my suggestions are perfect. Of course the big thing is that veteran status (for purposes of true free trade) would be a mix of many factors, not being dependent on any one. Currently, free trade is limited by your active membership and quest points and even that is something low. That's too limited. Find all the things in the game that take effort to build then use those to determine overall if this character is one not likely risked in bannable activities. So yeah, add time playing the game into the mix.

Yeah, I thought Jagex would only allow such a thing for members. Seeing as the F2P is not a demo, it makes sense in hindsight to let the formula affect a f2p server too just like the 1000 skill point server does. If Jagex is willing to pimp that 15,000 hours number that one player did all on F2P then it makes sense to award such players with much more leniency even if they're f2p.

PS: Yeah, I know this is all likely BS from an overblown reaction to a CC comment. Still, it's good to talk about free trade, the old style wilderness and duel arena.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit