Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather have old school with a decent economy than today with today's economy.

You mean, when there was runaway inflation thanks to alching and no gold sinks in sight except for crystal equipment recharges?

I would much rather have old school with a decent economy than today with today's economy.

You mean, when there was runaway inflation thanks to alching and no gold sinks in sight except for crystal equipment recharges?

It was obviously better than todays economy and inflation rates

Bringing back free trade would be such an overhaul it is impossible to say whether it would make the economy better or worse. The economy may have been better in your eyes back then, but there were also not many of the items we have today. How the world would have reacted to spirit shields with free trade is unknown. When we had free trade, the world was much more simple in terms of items available to buy.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Am I the only one who thinks that this is an extremely stupid idea?? I've been involved with RS for more than 6 years and I've seen this game during the free trade/free pk era and frankly, the MMO genre has passed that era of in-game death being an extremely fearful prospect.

No. Darkfall, Mortal Online, and Eve Online; Eve Online being the front runner with over 300 thousand subscribers carries a far harsher penalty than most other games on the market, especially because you're on your own if you get scammed, and there are no truly safe places in the game to be.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Am I the only one who thinks that this is an extremely stupid idea?? I've been involved with RS for more than 6 years and I've seen this game during the free trade/free pk era and frankly, the MMO genre has passed that era of in-game death being an extremely fearful prospect.

No. Darkfall, Mortal Online, and Eve Online; Eve Online being the front runner with over 300 thousand subscribers carries a far harsher penalty than most other games on the market, especially because you're on your own if you get scammed, and there are no truly safe places in the game to be.

Thats what it should be with RS. If you get scammed, you deserved it.

Thats what it should be with RS. If you get scammed, you deserved it.

RS, like it or not, is a casual game. The browser-based client, the quick registration, login etc. all point towards catering to the casual gamer who wants to have an engrossing experience in an hour or so. Currently, RS is one of the most grind-based games out there, especially among the mainstream.

Now, I'm not saying that grind is bad. What I'm saying is that the process of grinding is far to simple and boring. Maybe it's just me but clicking and waiting seems like a horribly boring way to conduct combat. It doesn't keep the player involved at all. Jagex is starting to move slightly past this method and is trying ways to rejuvenate combat, such as making it much more engaging in the first 10 levels. However, the core combat system is too stale and I think that needs to be revamped considerably.

Linked to that, I also feel that death penalties should be balanced such that players aren't frightened to go out and lose. Currently, and in a past, losing meant losing a lot of key pieces of equipment, money, time, etc. Considering the casual nature of the game, I don't think that losing everything at death is a great idea. Yes, penalties have to be there but I don't know if it should be so severe.

I'm just trying to look at it from a development perspective. I'm not trying to do this for the sake of myself or anything. I just feel that the lower the downtime is between deaths, coupled with a more engaging combat system, the better it will be for the game both now and in the long run.

Fellsig.jpg

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I had to log in. <.<

In any case, it heartens me that they made it the choice of the players instead of making the executive decision themselves.

EDIT: Oh, I remember I just entered username. :/

Wonder how many accs are being registered by other people? XD

logdotzip just one up'd all of you, http://www.runescape.com/wilderness

Finally, the hard proof we've all been asking for. :thumbup:

What's to stop people from creating accounts and stuffing the ballot box? :blink:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well...I wanted to vote no...so I click on the link...entered my name in thinking it was so I could log in to vote... apparently it was just to say yes...so apparently I want free trade and wildy back now... <_<

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

nomnomnom crow nomnomnomnom tastes good....nomnomnomnomnomnonm.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln