Logdotzip

Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

If botting and RWTing became a huge problem again, I for one would have little interest in continuing to play RuneScape.

Bro, what world of illusion have you been living in? Botting is currently a huge struggle, and it is arguably as prevalent as it has EVER been.

Bro, what I meant was, Jagex is admitting that it will become an even bigger problem. I'm not under any false impressions, and I wasn't suggesting that botting had been fixed alltogether.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

This is ludicrous, Im nearly totally sure ill quit Runescape if they bring it back. The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls. I mean seriously, have you looked at it? its possible to vote as many times as you want, by making up usernames, no pass-word needed polls? the most interestign thing is that its only possible to vote "yes", and the only way to be against it is to "boycott" the voting. Boycott the voting? dude, wut,,, Also, why don't they make the only option "no" the next time they do a no-pass needed cheat-poll. That should prove to be interesting.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls

Yes, this is why it is on the main page.

Jagex has promised to "analyze the data". I have no doubt they could easily make up a program that removed duplicate usernames, check for fake usernames, and compare ip adresses. I imagine with multiple safeguards, you could get a fair estimate of how many players actually voted.

Also, Jagex has been very careful to never call it a "poll". A "petition" would be a better word.

This is ludicrous, Im nearly totally sure ill quit Runescape if they bring it back. The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls. I mean seriously, have you looked at it? its possible to vote as many times as you want, by making up usernames, no pass-word needed polls? the most interestign thing is that its only possible to vote "yes", and the only way to be against it is to "boycott" the voting. Boycott the voting? dude, wut,,, Also, why don't they make the only option "no" the next time they do a no-pass needed cheat-poll. That should prove to be interesting.

Because they were most likely already planning on bringing it back next year in their 10th year, and they're just using this to either grow support, bring back players or measure the support they have with this decision.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

The fact that there is no log-in to vote and the absense of a "no" option leads me to believe this poll is just a clever, yet poorly implemented rubber stamp for an update that will be implemented regardless of player input. Jagex has their minds made up already, the free trade and wilderness will come back. This is evident because there is no "I refuse" option or something similar to voice player dissent, only player consent. And if you don't vote because you oppose free trade, someone can easily fill in for you or fill in for someone else to take your place. Free trade is coming back regardless of player input.

...although if you classify the "poll" as a "petition" and have numerous safe-guards to check against vote fraud then I guess you could argue that there is a chance that the wilderness could NOT come back.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

There's probally some sort of catch to it they won't just release free trade and old wildy to everyone. Pretty sure they will open it up to accounts that are at least 1-3+ years old with a good account record.

Sir_Mcturd.png

Is it even possible that one will be brought back, but the other will not?

The impression I got was, it was a 2-for-1 special. We either get Wildy AND Free Trade back, or we don't.

If it were anything different, poll options should have been available for:

• Bring back the old Wilderness only
  • Bring back Free Trade only
  • Bring back the old Wilderness and Free Trade
  • Don't bring back either

It's not much of a poll with only one option.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

- The voting is rigged in the favour of those who want to have the Free Wilderness + Free Trade back. It makes no sense to not use a pass system because players have the ability to put up mine, yours and the names of others.

= There are some restrictions in place and we are aware of players feedback on this issue. We wanted to make this poll available to everybody.

Do keep in mind that even if you did have to log in, those who wanted to skew results would simply create new accounts to do so.

I laugh at Jagex and their flawless logic :thumbup:

- The voting is rigged in the favour of those who want to have the Free Wilderness + Free Trade back. It makes no sense to not use a pass system because players have the ability to put up mine, yours and the names of others.

= There are some restrictions in place and we are aware of players feedback on this issue. We wanted to make this poll available to everybody.

Do keep in mind that even if you did have to log in, those who wanted to skew results would simply create new accounts to do so.

I laugh at Jagex and their flawless logic :thumbup:

Either way people are creating accounts to vote as we speak. Err, type

Voted on around 20 accounts :thumbup:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

are the passionate voices we hear on this topic truly representative of the majority of the player community or just a rather vocal minority?

jagex knows us better then we think.

this is huge...

all i can say is: ?!?!?!??!?!?!!!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!one111!!!!??!??!?!?!?!!!!!1!!eleven!!!!????!!

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Either way people are creating accounts to vote as we speak. Err, type

I mean ... they are saying it like they didn't think not letting new accounts vote is a good idea ..

"Please calm down. I know you are upset, so are lots of other players too, but think... Ranting about it here makes no sense. You can always vote "NO" to it. "

A forum mod with a sense of humor :D

You're a fool the botters never left and RWTing is worse now then 07

You have no idea what you're talking about.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Jagex knows full-well that the deafening majority want free trade and the wilderness back. The poll is just a way to garner support, which is fine with me.

I'm very excited for 2011, but the $10,000 giveaway coupled with reimplementing free trade/wilderness kinda makes me wonder if they're stopping updates after 2011; a final hurrah.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If staking came back, think I can safely say I will be making a nice bit of profit :thumbup:.

95 summ at level 45 might surprise a few people :D.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Jagex knows full-well that the deafening majority want free trade and the wilderness back. The poll is just a way to garner support, which is fine with me.

I'm very excited for 2011, but the $10,000 giveaway coupled with reimplementing free trade/wilderness kinda makes me wonder if they're stopping updates after 2011; a final hurrah.

No, that can't be the case. Runescape still lands the company a ludicrous amount of profit each year... I think? Okay, now I'm worried. When does Jagex release it's financial report?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Sad, I saw at least 10 different threads on /b/ saying make 20 accounts and vote yes on this

QFC 141-142-876-62042546 Page 1 last post

I'd love to post it in the Future Updates forum but for some reason I can't log in. :|

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Time to start my blog up again to create a following of people to give me free stuff.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]