Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I don't know if this is worth a new thread, but people are in Mod MMG's clanchat right now, and apparently he's going to hold a poll about the wilderness, and whatever it's decision will be made. In addition all the ranks are saying similar things, and people are suggesting free trade and old style wilderness for long - term customers. He is no longer in the CC, but he was before, asking for suggestions and ideas on how to implement it. You can ask some of the ranks currently in there.

Thoughts? Pics? etc. I imagine someone took screens of it.

Well apparently, there's going to be no trade limit and wild, and they'll be only for very long term accounts with no bad track records, which would make an entirely huge amount of sense.

Hopefully 2011 brings great things.

if this happens, custom rank on me,

But it probably won't.

Yo Das, I'd like my custom rank to say

"THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY"

Thanks.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is worth a new thread, but people are in Mod MMG's clanchat right now, and apparently he's going to hold a poll about the wilderness, and whatever it's decision will be made. In addition all the ranks are saying similar things, and people are suggesting free trade and old style wilderness for long - term customers. He is no longer in the CC, but he was before, asking for suggestions and ideas on how to implement it. You can ask some of the ranks currently in there.

Well apparently, there's going to be no trade limit and wild, and they'll be only for very long term accounts with no bad track records, which would make an entirely huge amount of sense.

But it probably won't.

"That one Climbing Boots Guy"

Thanks.

Words cannot describe how much of a win this is. icon_thumbsu.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They have already decided to reimplement it, they just wanted to say oh look, the community back this decision (To anyone whining about it's reinstatement.)

Despite the fact the "poll" only has a vote yes option and there is no verification process.

I.e - a Feature in account management - so that Jagex can actually receive real, accurate feedback from the community.

Anyway, I look forward to welcoming back our PvP overlords & getting pwned doing clues again.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

/v/ is trolling the votes up.

Who is /v/ and where can I reach them to thank them?

Videogames board on 4chan, though I really hope they don't make Jagex discount the poll.

Here is the thread, looks like it's going to 404 soon. Also careful if you poke around 4chan, some of it is very nsfw.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/81868630

Edit: On topic, already more votes then people currently playing the game, been cruising a few gaming forums and a lot of people who used to play and quit are voting. It bodes well. : D

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

The whole vote is a joke. THere's no verification and oyu can just put anythingi n the field. They've already decided on doing this, and the votes are just giving them something to validate bringing them back.

Linked to that, I also feel that death penalties should be balanced such that players aren't frightened to go out and lose. Currently, and in a past, losing meant losing a lot of key pieces of equipment, money, time, etc. Considering the casual nature of the game, I don't think that losing everything at death is a great idea. Yes, penalties have to be there but I don't know if it should be so severe.

If you got the balls to take it to wild, you got the balls to lose it there too, so gf them. BRING IT BACK!!!

The fact you don't have to log in to vote makes me think the voting process is simply hype and they've made up their mind already.

This.

It's SO obvious. The fact that doing this kind of poll, and ending up not bringing the wilderness/free trade back would only make the people complaining rage 10x harder, would give the people who gave up protesting fresh motivation to start raging again, and would basically be publicity suicide. The fact that Jagex doesn't seem care that it can easily be abused, since you don't have to log in. The fact that you can only vote yes, which means it's guaranteed to look like a community decision. The teasing tone of, "100,000 votes certainly won't be enough. Perhaps not even 1,000,000. It will take you and every one of your friends, ex-friends and probably even enemies to register sufficient votes to bring it back." THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MIND. And I, for one, am pleased.

But it probably won't.

"THAT ONE CLIMBING BOOTS GUY"

Thanks.

I'm a man of my word.

Last time i'm ever going to use a "yeah if this happens, i'll give the crazy bastard a custom rank " as a comment to express my disbelief.

nomnomnomnonmnom humble pie nomnomnomnomnomn -

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

This kind of types are quite common in voting:

the measuring is not to see how many people will like this (and how many not).. The idea by such a vote is to see how popular something would be: the important thing for them is the number of votes per second!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I voted yes because then I can accept free stuff from my friends and also I hope that the prices of raw materials will fall due to rising number of botters.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

This has to be fake. I simply cant imagine this to be really true. :blink: :blink: :blink:

In all honesty though yes x100000000000000000000000 I would be the hardcore player I once was if this happened, for the love of Guthix Jagex do this

How can you possibly think this is fake? That would be the most moronic move Jagex has ever made, by far. Care to butt against any of the points in my previous post?

The fact you don't have to log in to vote makes me think the voting process is simply hype and they've made up their mind already.

This.

It's SO obvious. The fact that doing this kind of poll, and ending up not bringing the wilderness/free trade back would only make the people complaining rage 10x harder, would give the people who gave up protesting fresh motivation to start raging again, and would basically be publicity suicide. The fact that Jagex doesn't seem care that it can easily be abused, since you don't have to log in. The fact that you can only vote yes, which means it's guaranteed to look like a community decision. The teasing tone of, "100,000 votes certainly won't be enough. Perhaps not even 1,000,000. It will take you and every one of your friends, ex-friends and probably even enemies to register sufficient votes to bring it back." THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MIND. And I, for one, am pleased.