Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the main reasons people don't want the old-style wilderness to return is because, well frankly, they didn't experience it. It's easy to say things like, "The old wilderness was obsolete", or,

But Jagex periodically opens Classic to new players. People can already experience the old Wildy & PK culture if they so choose - and in their original environments.

You can go live in the past anytime you want without causing upheaval in RS2. :rolleyes:

Right now there are a whopping 41 players experiencing the old PK & Wildy - one of them is even a veteran!

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I think one of the main reasons people don't want the old-style wilderness to return is because, well frankly, they didn't experience it. It's easy to say things like, "The old wilderness was obsolete", or,

I experienced it and I hated it. :)

I would love the old wilderness back. Keep the GE though... I make money doing almost nothing because of it. :mrgreen:

Free trade can work beautifully with the Grand Exchange.

4e0Vn.png

I think one of the main reasons people don't want the old-style wilderness to return is because, well frankly, they didn't experience it. It's easy to say things like, "The old wilderness was obsolete", or, "Times have changed, grow up kid."

If you ask the old famous pkers (Yankin Deez, Frostydapker, Mezmorize420) they will say old wilderness was better.

People can hate on it all they want, but they probably haven't went out to world 18 and pked at magebank, portals, or hills.

Pk'ing was best before portals, imo.

And I've not heard of those pkers before. I remember names like Kids_Ranqe, Elvemage ofc, Hiei the Pk was an epic w99 pk'er.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've never cared much for the rare economy, same thing with pking (it was never the "main thing", even though it was more popular back then). As for tracing very unbalanced trades, I don't believe Jagex has that ability. I had friends who made nice money when they quit selling their cash without punishment.

Jagex did trace unbalanced trades back in rsc and before tradelimits were put up- that's how they caught alot of RWT-ers(but they mostly had a custom of banning buyers not sellers). Nowadays it's actually easier to RWT just because, phantomly, there are no unbalanced trades, so they don't keep track. Assuming free trade was allowed on a few specific servers, they could easily trace unbalanced trades and have a ban from free trade servers as punishment for phony trades.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I just don't see the benefits of brining free trading or old wildreness. They were removed from the game for a reason, not just to piss people off. Runescape may not be in the best of shape at the moment, but think what it would look like it if free trading still existed. Just my thoughts.

Well apparently, there's going to be specific worlds for the trade and wild, and they'll be only for very long term accounts with no bad track records, which would make an entirely huge amount of sense.

Hopefully 2011 brings great things.

how long age is long term, because I started in jan 05

Also, if this were to come into effect I think the ge should be removed.

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

I just don't see the benefits of brining free trading or old wildreness. They were removed from the game for a reason, not just to piss people off. Runescape may not be in the best of shape at the moment, but think what it would look like it if free trading still existed. Just my thoughts.

What Justin said sums up my thoughts. I see no point in changing it because part of the update will only cater for a minority of players anyway. Updates to Runescape should be for the benefit of all, not just a minority.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

What Justin said sums up my thoughts. I see no point in changing it because part of the update will only cater for a minority of players anyway. Updates to Runescape should be for the benefit of all, not just a minority.

I think these two posts rather show the stupidity of the counterargument.

Yes, free trade was removed for a reason, but you really should know what the reason was. Needless to say, the same reasoning, for different reasons, doesn't apply anymore. Thus, logically, being an ineffective method in not achieving what it was supposed to achieve(in the long term) AND losing jagex a big load of customers(of which jagex has never recovered), it is only logical to bring back free trade. Another counterargument is the fact that alot of newschoolers come on the forums to complain about junk trading and calling merchants scammers, which really shows how little they know.

Catering to the minorities? The whole removal of free trade was catering for minorities. Bringing it back would be very popular among everyone who experienced it. Most of the people against it are people that never experienced it thus should not even argue. A big part of why the economy is messed up is because of the wilderness system, mostly replacing items with gold(statues).

Yes, free trade was removed for a reason, but you really should know what the reason was. Needless to say, the same reasoning, for different reasons, doesn't apply anymore. Thus, logically, being an ineffective method in not achieving what it was supposed to achieve(in the long term) AND losing jagex a big load of customers(of which jagex has never recovered), it is only logical to bring back free trade. Another counterargument is the fact that alot of newschoolers come on the forums to complain about junk trading and calling merchants scammers, which really shows how little they know.

Catering to the minorities? The whole removal of free trade was catering for minorities. Bringing it back would be very popular among everyone who experienced it. Most of the people against it are people that never experienced it thus should not even argue. A big part of why the economy is messed up is because of the wilderness system, mostly replacing items with gold(statues).

That's what I've been saying about people who hate the wilderness. People who don't want old-style wilderness never experienced it. Either that or they weren't pkers. If they werent piers they have no business giving their input on it. 

People who hate free trade either didnt experience it or got scammed constantly. 

I didn't mean free trade - I was talking about the old wilderness. Forgot to say that in my original post.

I believe that the old drop system should be brought back to pking, because look how much inflation the new one caused.

Down with green drags!!!

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

That's what I've been saying about people who hate the wilderness. People who don't want old-style wilderness never experienced it. Either that or they weren't pkers. If they werent pkers they have no business giving their input on it. 

People who hate free trade either didnt experience it or got scammed constantly. 

I have experienced it, but I think RS is better off without the old Wilderness back.

Simply because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they have never experienced it - you have to experience something first to know what it is like. Don't jump to conclusions so fast.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I have experienced it, but I think RS is better off without the old Wilderness back.

Simply because someone doesn't like something doesn't mean they have never experienced it - you have to experience something first to know what it is like. Don't jump to conclusions so fast.

They may have experienced it but that still doesnt mean they were pkers

Nevertheless, making a blanket statement like that is just silly. You can't make people think what you think with a blanket statement, there is always going to be someone with a different opinion.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Nevertheless, making a blanket statement like that is just silly. You can't make people think what you think with a blanket statement, there is always going to be someone with a different opinion.

Judging by your joining date, you haven't really experienced free trade and pking. Someone would need to have started playing at the start of 2006 to really know what it's about, and you might have, but there are ALOT of people out there and here that didn't pk, didn't stake and don't nearly have the capital to afford rare items, thus their opinions are mostly useless(they don't know what we are missing).

By your logic, thousands of people quit runescape for no reason at all. Do you really think so?

Judging by your joining date, you haven't really experienced free trade and pking. Someone would need to have started playing at the start of 2006 to really know what it's about, and you might have, but there are ALOT of people out there and here that didn't pk, didn't stake and don't nearly have the capital to afford rare items, thus their opinions are mostly useless(they don't know what we are missing).

By your logic, thousands of people quit runescape for no reason at all. Do you really think so?

That's a ridiculous statement. My join date is '07 but I've been playing since 2004.

Edited by Laura

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I think one of the main reasons people don't want the old-style wilderness to return is because, well frankly, they didn't experience it. It's easy to say things like, "The old wilderness was obsolete", or, "Times have changed, grow up kid." 

If you ask the old famous pkers (Yankin Deez, Frostydapker, Mezmorize420) they will say old wilderness was better.

People can hate on it all they want, but they probably haven't went out to world 18 and pked at magebank, portals, or hills.

Even I remember this and I never really Pk'ed. Pk'ing up by Dark knight fortress was fun too, as well as killing the Looters :P

I created my account in Oct 2004, but never started till summer 2005, hope it applies to me

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen