Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

Seeing Free Trade and Old Wilderness back would be epic nice. <3:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, to all the dense people who can't grasp the fact that not everyone uses fansites or would have a reason to printscreen something;

Clan chats can hold 100 people. 100 people heard of this. Of those 100 people, It would be safe to say no more than 20 of them screenied it for whatever reason. Of those twenty, it's highly likely that half don't frequent or even use fansites. So of those ten left who may use a fansite and have screenied it; who is to say they have not uploaded it yet, or that it just hasn't been happened across yet? Think about what you say before you say it.

This topic was not made to determine whether or not what was said was said; it was made to discuss what was said, it's implementation, the likelihood of it, and the repercussions associated with it. If you can't or choose not to understand that, then I don't know what to tell you, other than you are an idiot. I wouldn't go out of my way to make a bull**** thread containing something that didn't happen. Not that I have a reputation or anything of the sort, but I wouldn't tarnish my name by posting something as ludicrous as this, unless it actually happened.

So once again, to all the naysayers; It was said. Will it happen, is what needs to be discussed.

I think I speak for most people here when I say this would be amazing to have back. but it seems unlikely.

Jagex have consistantly said ever since this update came out, that things will not change, they knew what they were doing was a long term change which would not be undone. There was been many protests between now and then. but they still did not change there mind then?

I want the Old Wildy and Free Trading back just as much as the next guy/girl. But i can see why Jagex made there decision all those years ago. I think reversing this would ruin there public image more than it allready has been. however It would be nice to see if they can make this work somehow.

How they will try to get this to work is beyond me.

Once again, to all the dense people who can't grasp the fact that not everyone uses fansites or would have a reason to printscreen something;

Clan chats can hold 100 people. 100 people heard of this. Of those 100 people, It would be safe to say no more than 20 of them screenied it for whatever reason. Of those twenty, it's highly likely that half don't frequent or even use fansites. So of those ten left who may use a fansite and have screenied it; who is to say they have not uploaded it yet, or that it just hasn't been happened across yet? Think about what you say before you say it.

The burden of proof is on you and so far, you are lacking. Sorry, but your word is not good enough.

We are talking about one of the biggest reversals in policy ever in RS, and you didn't have any reason to secure evidence to back up your claim? We have just your word and the word of 99 other chat members? Silent and unnamed chat members, I might add.

Why is no one else corroborating your story anywhere?

Shenanigans.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

the problem here is that it's not as if logdotzip (or anyone, really) can provide evidence AFTER THE FACT. like honestly, you can't really provide further evidence at this point unless you were jamflex.

so really it's just a matter of believing his word or not.

i think it's possible that mmg did say what logdotzip claims. there's no reason or proof to say that logdot is absolutely wrong.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I would love it if free trade were to come back. If it did, I would have 95 prayer within a week of it. All I'd have to do is sell my fury kit that I currently don't have enough junk to sell with lol.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I don't see the problem in re-adding free trade and old wildy tbh.

The argument about RWT doesn't make much sense to me because...

1. You can still RWT if you want to. You can buy gp, items, accounts, etc.

2. The requirements for the worlds would be high enough that people probably wouldn't want to risk their accounts.

3. With so few people being able to use those worlds, JaGex could monitor things really well. If they can catch RTW's now, they can catch them on a smaller scale easier.

I also think that the thought of being able to play on a free server world would keep some people from botting. You will never completely stop people from botting, but this actually adds incentive not to. Today the only incentive not to is that you might get stats wiped. Stats that you can just bot back. The community would also probably be more mature and fun to play with. I would assume that people who have been playing long enough to use these worlds would know their stuff.

I can't really speak for the hacker threat. I guess you might want to hack accounts that you could trade with, but cant you do that right now and dump junk onto the hacked account? Ride a merch and dump your stuff on the hacked account when it crashes. And isn't it pretty hard to get hacked these days? I guess some people are unsafe enough to download a keylogger, or dumb enough to tell someone their password.

I dunno. Seems like this wouldn't hurt things at all.

4e0Vn.png

I would hope this would take into account both the date the account was started and the total playing time. Going just by the start date means all those noob accounts and pkers you made but no longer play on would be eligible as well. I know plenty of people who would be more than willing to abuse this on an account like that.

clansig7.gif

Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice. Randomly pulling out figures of people who might have printscreened something is about as accurate as, oh I don't know saying that the old wildy is coming back stating "hear-say" as your evidence.

asrhasrh.jpg

Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice. Randomly pulling out figures of people who might have printscreened something is about as accurate as, oh I don't know saying that the old wildy is coming back stating "hear-say" as your evidence.

According to the Tip.It board, there has never been more than 2000 players on Tip.It at one time. Judging by the amount of people currently on, there have probably been no more than 500 people on today, since the supposed comment in MMG's chat. There are currently about 100,000 players on Runescape. Again, this is later than the high population hours, it's safe to estimate there were probably 120,000 to 150,000 people on earlier when the incident occurred.

Clan chats do only hold 100 people. Only up to 99 people could have seen this message, and that is with the assumption that the chat was full. Even if you assume every one of the 500 people or so people on Tip.It were online at the time, that's not even half a percent of the people on Runescape at the time who could've been in the chat. If you add up all the other big fansites as well, you're still probably not going past 3-4% of the population that was on Runescape.

Face it - there are a lot more people on Runescape than on fansites. When 99 or less people could possibly have seen the message, the odds of one of them taking a screenshot and posting it on a big forum is really not as high as you'd like to believe. I'll be honest - had I been in the chat for some obscure reason, I would not have taken a screen shot. I don't use third party screen shot software, so taking pictures can be quite a hassle.

Maybe he's making up the numbers, but his point stands.

I never cared for pvp so that is irrelevant...but if this negatively affects relatively free ge money, then I shall vote NAY! If I ever play again and just stop reading updates for no particular reason that is...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Well considering there is no proof at this time this just seems like another spammy OP atm stirring an issue that that many would wish would just die and stop stirring up old bad memories. Get on with the damn game as it is.

Yet again no proof due to cant be bothered uploading further screenshots that apparently exist and instead only has some pointless picture that shows nothing.

Its irrelevant at this time if its true or not. There is simply nothing to show it as being true and if this is meant to be ANOTHER topic about what would happen/what would it be like/whater topic then why bother putting a twist on it. Unless you post something that is unique instead of speculation about something you got no proof of then thats all it is.

Theres no unique topic here unless theres something unique.

Roll on the speculation threads...

Now speculating/pretending mmg said those words of which this topic surrounds which has no proof at this time. I reckon whatever he did say was either taking out of context, half read, misunderstand, rumoured to hell, speculation went wild etc.

If that really did happen goodluck trying to implement it with the rest of the game. Free trade and free pking with certain accounts and not others? Even with seperate worlds how the hell would it be tidy having a game where some people can trade but others cant. Does it honestly sound safe from a playeres point of view for this to be possible? There would be so many ways to abuse it that it doesnt seem like a good idea.

If this topic later has some relevant useful information I might actually spend more than a minute thinking it over in my while and not while I am typing it.. I cant even be assed to check for spelling errors. Hell with grammer.

If you can't or choose not to understand that, then I don't know what to tell you, other than you are an idiot. I wouldn't go out of my way to make a bull**** thread containing something that didn't happen. Not that I have a reputation or anything of the sort, but I wouldn't tarnish my name by posting something as ludicrous as this, unless it actually happened.

Rock climbers and now this.

Your very into conspiracy theories.

BTW, did you get the hang of those drop-down menus yet?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

[snip rant]

So once again, to all the naysayers; It was said. Will it happen, is what needs to be discussed.

You don't get to dictate the flow of the thread, sorry. Nothing in this topic is concrete and therefore discussion can travel down all sorts of avenues without being offtopic. And both are equally being discussed...so...

1. You can still RWT if you want to. You can buy gp, items, accounts, etc.

The RWTing updates were made because of fraudulent credit cards, but is commonly understood to be called the RWT'ing updates. But they were made not to halt RWTing directly, just the ones that were losing them money. It gets a bit confusing, I guess.

2. The requirements for the worlds would be high enough that people probably wouldn't want to risk their accounts.

If that's the case then high level accounts would not bot. Risk isn't always the deterrent that people think that is, especially since buying and selling accounts still thrives even today.

3. With so few people being able to use those worlds, JaGex could monitor things really well. If they can catch RTW's now, they can catch them on a smaller scale easier.

That depends largely upon how they will restrict access; however, if what people think will be used as criteria IS used (and we only have our own discussions, since there's nothing about what was specifically discussed in the CC..) then that's a likely explanation. I have no doubt they can stop fradulent RWT, but legitimate? They certainly have struggled with this now and I don't see that improving with bringing BACK rwt so long as junk trading/etc continue to thrive--which it will have to, if there are going to be themed worlds like we were told because of the necessity of the GE.

hzvjpwS.gif

Eight pages, and no proof.

Really now.

Even if it turns out to be fake it still has discussion value and is loads of fun.

Exactly, all the speculation has made me think about how much fun PKing used to be, and remember the glory days. And yet, the thing that saddens me is that if it doesn't happen, I might be a little disappointed.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Eight pages, and no proof.

Really now.

Not as bad as 16 pages and no proof, i would say. <_<

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Mmg says lots of bull----, if any other Mod were to say it they'd be sacked.

Although, I did hear something through the grapevine a while ago (couple of months maybe) that they were going to re-introduce item-lending for "veteran" accounts so that you could trade items with-out a trade-limit or time limit, theoretically that means you could "sell" items for any price.

Mmg says lots of bull----, if any other Mod were to say it they'd be sacked.

Although, I did hear something through the grapevine a while ago (couple of months maybe) that they were going to re-introduce item-lending for "veteran" accounts so that you could trade items with-out a trade-limit or time limit, theoretically that means you could "sell" items for any price.

Yeah, that's trade limits which is reasonable and likely to happen in time, but not exactly the Wildy of old people are hoping for. Still, how much of a programming nightmare is it for the game to look at the "veteran" status of two Pk'rs that fight each other and determine both are stable enough to warrant a non-random drop. Personally, I think Jagex can do it so long as they're more creative with what counts as a Veteran account than just quest points. Then again, would you want to have old-wildy type play (get what you kill) mixed with new wildy (random drop based on current score)? Personally, I think a "Veteran" server with old Wildy rules in play can be of merit.

So, define a Veteran: I say based on total months of member, skill total, quest points and other various factors (house wealth, mini-game rank, random encounter total, etc). Next, a dedicated server for those of "Veteran" level that's like the Wildy of old (pk north of the border, non-pk south). Tombstone does not appear in the wild.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

So, define a Veteran: I say based on total months of member, skill total, quest points and other various factors (house wealth, mini-game rank, random encounter total, etc). Next, a dedicated server for those of "Veteran" level that's like the Wildy of old (pk north of the border, non-pk south). Tombstone does not appear in the wild.

I have problems with those 2 suggested requirements. I have been playing since 02 but would certainly not meet them, does it make me less of a veteran?

I'm sure Jagex can find more stuff to base veteran status on, like days played and account registering date.

One the server subject, agreed :)