Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

People should really learn how to fabricate pictures if they want to "prove" something :unsure:

http://i55.tinypic.com/jfdthh.png

lol are you calling me a liar? i didn't fabricate that picture. i have no reason to unless i were trolling, which i am not.

You pretty much couldn't get it wrong..er

having 2 randoms saying "yes" and "most likely" in someones CC (even if that CC is MMGs) doesn't make it a legit proof .. it just makes it a random picture ..

He didn't say it was proof. How many times does that have to be stated? :shame: :shame: :shame:

Then why does the picture have ANY relevance to the thread if it isn't "proof". What exactly is it then?

A random picture telling everyone how a Rs screenshot should look like? Please.

I laugh at the people who don't want this to happen. :twss:

People don't want old wilderness because they weren't a pker, they sucked at pking or they are an '09 prod. They don't want free trade because they fear RWT will come back even though its still here. The economy will most likely go :thumbup: if us old players didn't have to rely on the grand exchange.

I don't want the old wilderness because of the negatives that will come with it. I played since late '04 and I am completely aware RWT still exists today

although bringing back free trade will make the problem even more accessible.

what problem? rwt? thats not going away either way.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't want old wilderness because they weren't a pker, they sucked at pking or they are an '09 prod. They don't want free trade because they fear RWT will come back even though its still here. The economy will most likely go :thumbup: if us old players didn't have to rely on the grand exchange.

Murders already happen so let's just assign everyone over the age of 12 an AK-47.

>implying that Runescape is comparable to the real world.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Murders already happen so let's just assign everyone over the age of 12 an AK-47.

Whatever you just said has nothing to do with this =D>

>implying that Runescape is comparable to the real world.

Basic concepts can overlap into multiple areas. Can we not compare runescape to the real world in terms of psychology with player to player interaction? In terms of economics with inflation?

Just because RWT is still present doesn't mean it's ok to bring back free trade. Until Jagex starts implementing fool-proof ways of detecting this and starts handing out real punishments free trade will never be successful. There is nothing I would want more than to successfully bring back both the wild and free trade, but I don't want the repercussions that come with it.

clansig7.gif

SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME THE FOLLOWING:

1. how restricting trade prevents rwt, or as some even more incredulously believe, how restricting trade prevents bots

2. how free trade and the grand exchange cannot coexist

3. how murder/rape analogies make any sense in the context of runescape and are anything but rhetoric

The only problem I can think of is ... how the prices in G.E. are going to be determined if you have both free trade and G.E. ? (no floors ?, taking in account all the trades in 24h period both free and GEd ... taking in account only free/GE etc etc)

1. how restricting trade prevents rwt, or as some even more incredulously believe, how restricting trade prevents bots

3. how murder/rape analogies make any sense in the context of runescape and are anything but rhetoric

I REALLY want to know how number 3 makes sense. :ohnoes:

Free trade has been gone for 3 years, people don't know what they are talking about. They also have no economic knowledge of stock markets and dream of one day becoming a rapist(it's not like they will be 'laid off', per se, when the economy gets tough) .

Just a theory :mellow:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The only problem I can think of is ... how the prices in G.E. are going to be determined if you have both free trade and G.E. ? (no floors ?, taking in account all the trades in 24h period both free and GEd ... taking in account only free/GE etc etc)

obviously it would be without price limits and quantity limits. "market price" could still be determined by the median price of the last X traded items. X would vary by item probably - lower for items like partyhats and higher for items like yew logs which are more frequently traded.

Free trade has been gone for 3 years, people don't know what they are talking about. They also have no economic knowledge of stock markets and dream of one day becoming a rapist(it's not like they will be 'laid off', per se, when the economy gets tough) .

So basically people that do not know how to merchant are rapists

Come to papa.

287b5w.jpg

This thread is gaining popularity, as it has been posted and is being discussed now on another forum.

edit: I've been asking around on the cc and people said all he did was come in, ask a bunch of questions, they said he was giving it some thought. people said it seemed he was thinking hard about it.

Once again, to all the dense people who can't grasp the fact that not everyone uses fansites or would have a reason to printscreen something;

Clan chats can hold 100 people. 100 people heard of this. Of those 100 people, It would be safe to say no more than 20 of them screenied it for whatever reason. Of those twenty, it's highly likely that half don't frequent or even use fansites. So of those ten left who may use a fansite and have screenied it; who is to say they have not uploaded it yet, or that it just hasn't been happened across yet? Think about what you say before you say it.

This topic was not made to determine whether or not what was said was said; it was made to discuss what was said, it's implementation, the likelihood of it, and the repercussions associated with it. If you can't or choose not to understand that, then I don't know what to tell you, other than you are an idiot. I wouldn't go out of my way to make a bull**** thread containing something that didn't happen. Not that I have a reputation or anything of the sort, but I wouldn't tarnish my name by posting something as ludicrous as this, unless it actually happened.

So once again, to all the naysayers; It was said. Will it happen, is what needs to be discussed.

No, because it wasn't said, let's be realistic, most people don't hang out in Mod MMG's chat for the riveting chat and community - they hang out for the chance to learn something first and post it. Even if all 100 people happened to see that and not take a screenshot - (Face it, getting a screenshot like this is an instant claim to some popularity, which your average teenager will kill for) - those 100 people have friends who they would of told and it probably would of been posted elsewhere within 24 hours of being said asides here. While i'd like to think we're the mecca and first to know everything at tip.it, it's foolish and unlikely only we would know about something early by some guy who found out in a chat from another guy who happened to be there since you missed mod mmg by all of 15 magical minutes - Especially since you would of missed him oh around 6-7 AM Londom time, an ungodly early time for any sane man to be at work.

I've always thought when you made claims about soemthing, you better have proof - and while you did provide a screenshot of a guy who "Saw it happen" - that proof is so weak that no one in there right mind would really believe it.

This isn't going to happen - but it's amusing to watch the rollercoaster of activity.

I'm betting this one hits the 20 page mark by sunday/monday

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I'm betting this one hits the 20 page mark by sunday/monday

I'm betting it's all about GE manipulation during the holiday surge of playing - start merching those PK supplies today! <_<

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

You guys have more conspiracy theories about this thread than I do, the climbing boots sucker. makes me lol, acting as though I have bad intentions with this thread or something.

Exactly. Also gets annoying when people say "not gonna happen" without reading anything to sound smart or act cool.

Be it true or false, I don't want this to happen. I've always been uncomfortable with someone acquiring money without actively working for it. Giving cash to an alternate account or friend is killing the spirit of this game which should prevent someone from having an unfair advantage over others. Much like botting and account leveling.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

To answer all of this I say: How does it not?

/sarcasm

I lol'd

obviously it would be without price limits and quantity limits. "market price" could still be determined by the median price of the last X traded items. X would vary by item probably - lower for items like partyhats and higher for items like yew logs which are more frequently traded.

Yea, I mean, with no floors, the items would go where they went. I mean they may have to rework it, as there would be no "max price" button, but insteadwhat they would do is perhaps put in a calculation that states:

Ok, so 500 people have boughten the Santa hat at 24m.

300 people have boughten it at 18m.

So we'll take the middle of both those prices, as the average. If you hit the max button, we will put you in for 24m. But you can go higher if you wish. You hit the min button, we'll put you in for 18m. BUT YOU CAN GO LOWER IF YOU WISH. These prices are just like guideslines: "heads up, if you put in 28m you're most likely over paying."

I actually think that would work out nicely. However, I must admit I'm not too much into economics, so I can't say if that would cause chaos or not.

Fair enough assumption.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Be it true or false, I don't want this to happen. I've always been uncomfortable with someone acquiring money without actively working for it. Giving cash to an alternate account or friend is killing the spirit of this game which should prevent someone from having an unfair advantage over others. Much like botting and account leveling.

But you are OK with the way the rare item economy works? Or the fact that pking(the main thing in scape until 07) is dead? Not to mention that jagex can still trace and ban people purposely giving away cash(like they did back when free trade was allowed). Another thing that alot of high level players miss is the thrill of staking, which would also be a major boost.

But you are OK with the way the rare item economy works? Or the fact that pking(the main thing in scape until 07) is dead? Not to mention that jagex can still trace and ban people purposely giving away cash(like they did back when free trade was allowed). Another thing that alot of high level players miss is the thrill of staking, which would also be a major boost.

I know 5 people off the top of my head that would return if staking was brought back. If looked at through a business point of view, it could turn out great for Jagex because I imagine a lot of people would return even if just free trade was re-implemented.

I know 5 people off the top of my head that would return if staking was brought back. If looked at through a business point of view, it could turn out great for Jagex because I imagine a lot of people would return even if just free trade was re-implemented.

That's what i'm thinking. In the last 3 years, they've been working hard on getting completely new customers, which is all nice and all, but the the community has really suffered because of it(being more divided). This proposed update would surely get them alot of old customers back.

I don't know if anything was said about staking, but it would fit in with the other proposed things

Off topic but I remember my friend had a buddy who staked massive, and paid for his college tuition entirely by selling all his staked money. Obviously against rules, but at the same time, I always thought that was sweet. Stupid to make your income / education depend on your luck on a game though.

I don't know if anything was said about staking, but it would fit in with the other proposed things

Off topic but I remember my friend had a buddy who staked massive, and paid for his college tuition entirely by selling all his staked money. Obviously against rules, but at the same time, I always thought that was sweet. Stupid to make your income / education depend on your luck on a game though.

Thats sweet. Hopefully if jagex decides to do something like this there wont be that big of a problem about stuff like that lol :thumbsup:

So, define a Veteran: I say based on total months of member, skill total, quest points and other various factors (house wealth, mini-game rank, random encounter total, etc). Next, a dedicated server for those of "Veteran" level that's like the Wildy of old (pk north of the border, non-pk south). Tombstone does not appear in the wild.

I have problems with those 2 suggested requirements. I have been playing since 02 but would certainly not meet them, does it make me less of a veteran?

I'm sure Jagex can find more stuff to base veteran status on, like days played and account registering date.

One the server subject, agreed :)

A veteran option is already incorporated at Jagex's side (think of it as an extra line in the Adventers Log, eg; Veteran; yes/no).