Free Trade and Old Wilderness back [21-Dec-2010]

Logdotzip

116 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against Free Trade / Wilderness Returning?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a bad idea adding a poll to this thread. *votes*

Anyone wanna place bets on when we hit 1m? :P

Agreed. I'd make a bet, but I don't have any money now. :(

EDIT: You know what? I'm voting yes. Simply because I'm a trusting person, and I cannot visualise that Jagex would ever make a business decision that would cripple its own company. They must have done something.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think that we should refer to this period of time as "RS prohibition", making reference to the US's failed prohibition of alcohol.

I hope that they get rid of gravetones along with this update. It would be great to be able to camp new updates again and watch people die and have the public swarm their dropped items.

If all accounts have the ability to trade freely I also will be highly interested in being able to get lots of money on to low level accounts again (via charitable donations from friends of course)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Said this in HYT and i'll say it again...

The only people who want this are either annoying pk'ers, rwt'ers or beggars.

"z0mgz bring back old wildy@@@i wanna own some noobs!"

"I like to buy my money because I can't be arsed to get it myself"

"I just want free stuff from my friends so I do little to no work for myself"

My theory:

The "vote" is all reverse pyschology, people have been ranting about wanting old wildy back and now that they've brought out this poll they're waiting for the strong opposing of bringing them back to prove to the annoying ranters for the last few years exactly why they took it out.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I think that we should refer to this period of time as "RS prohibition", making reference to the US's failed prohibition of alcohol.

I hope that they get rid of gravetones along with this update. It would be great to be able to camp new updates again and watch people die and have the public swarm their dropped items.

Possibly, although it's not wholly necessary. Bringing back free trade doesn't imply that everything to do with it must go too.

I also recall that I need to eat a hat, a sock, and a shoe as well. Today has not been a profitable day.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Weve been shutting down bot-makers all around the world and prosecuting people for stealing accounts, and weve evolved our systems to quickly detect cheating; however, we will have to accept that we will never completely eradicate cheating so long as there is an incentive and method to do so. Bringing back free trade and the original Wilderness will certainly make this a bigger issue than it is today, though I can pledge that we will never stop trying to combat it.

This part of their newspost in particular stands out to me.

Jagex is admitting that they will never fully fix botting/RWTing, and that bringing back the old Wildy and free trade will increase the amount of this going on in game. I don't really believe that they would be willing to see all of the work they have done to combat these issues go to waste... all of their efforts will have been in vain.

I don't care what anyone "pledges," it still reeks of them saying, "Well, we tried... we failed... oh well. May as well give them what they want in the meantime."

If botting and RWTing became a huge problem again, I for one would have little interest in continuing to play RuneScape.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Possibly, although it's not wholly necessary. Bringing back free trade doesn't imply that everything to do with it must go too.

I also recall that I need to eat a hat, a sock, and a shoe as well. Today has not been a profitable day.

Humble pie has been going around alot to today...crow too. Gotta say i'm suprised

Trying to see if i can swing a tip.it exclusive interview.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Jagex is admitting that they will never fully fix botting/RWTing, and that bringing back the old Wildy and free trade will increase the amount of this going on in game. I don't really believe that they would be willing to see all of the work they have done to combat these issues go to waste... all of their efforts will have been in vain.

They will because it will make them more money, so long as they can stop the fraudulent ones that lost them money.

It's not that shocking or difficult to believe. Not wholly evil or wholly bad. Chaotic lawful, rather.

hzvjpwS.gif

Humble pie has been going around alot to today...crow too. Gotta say i'm suprised

Trying to see if i can swing a tip.it exclusive interview.

Cheers, Das. Might shine a bit of light on what's really going on here.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If botting and RWTing became a huge problem again, I for one would have little interest in continuing to play RuneScape.

Bro, what world of illusion have you been living in? Botting is currently a huge struggle, and it is arguably as prevalent as it has EVER been.

I think Jagex has realized that they need to approach this issue just like WoW and the other popular RPGs...let the honest players play the game without restraint, and just monitor botting and RWT as best as you can.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

My first thought when reading this?

"Wilderness clues are going to SUCK again."

I'm against it for my own selfish reasons I guess. I've never really Pk'ed. They need to make a proper poll like they normally have, where you log in and vote, not a petition which you can just sign up for with someone else's account.

[hide]

Brb, voting as Zezima.

[/hide]

2v8sgvs.png

I voted yes because then I can accept free stuff from my friends and also I hope that the prices of raw materials will fall due to rising number of botters.

You're a fool the botters never left and RWTing is worse now then 07

This.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Bro, what world of illusion have you been living in? Botting is currently a huge struggle, and it is arguably as prevalent as it has EVER been.

Bro, what I meant was, Jagex is admitting that it will become an even bigger problem. I'm not under any false impressions, and I wasn't suggesting that botting had been fixed alltogether.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

This is ludicrous, Im nearly totally sure ill quit Runescape if they bring it back. The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls. I mean seriously, have you looked at it? its possible to vote as many times as you want, by making up usernames, no pass-word needed polls? the most interestign thing is that its only possible to vote "yes", and the only way to be against it is to "boycott" the voting. Boycott the voting? dude, wut,,, Also, why don't they make the only option "no" the next time they do a no-pass needed cheat-poll. That should prove to be interesting.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls

Yes, this is why it is on the main page.

Jagex has promised to "analyze the data". I have no doubt they could easily make up a program that removed duplicate usernames, check for fake usernames, and compare ip adresses. I imagine with multiple safeguards, you could get a fair estimate of how many players actually voted.

Also, Jagex has been very careful to never call it a "poll". A "petition" would be a better word.

This is ludicrous, Im nearly totally sure ill quit Runescape if they bring it back. The poll is some bs made by 14 year old 4chan browsing pseudo-trolls. I mean seriously, have you looked at it? its possible to vote as many times as you want, by making up usernames, no pass-word needed polls? the most interestign thing is that its only possible to vote "yes", and the only way to be against it is to "boycott" the voting. Boycott the voting? dude, wut,,, Also, why don't they make the only option "no" the next time they do a no-pass needed cheat-poll. That should prove to be interesting.

Because they were most likely already planning on bringing it back next year in their 10th year, and they're just using this to either grow support, bring back players or measure the support they have with this decision.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

The fact that there is no log-in to vote and the absense of a "no" option leads me to believe this poll is just a clever, yet poorly implemented rubber stamp for an update that will be implemented regardless of player input. Jagex has their minds made up already, the free trade and wilderness will come back. This is evident because there is no "I refuse" option or something similar to voice player dissent, only player consent. And if you don't vote because you oppose free trade, someone can easily fill in for you or fill in for someone else to take your place. Free trade is coming back regardless of player input.

...although if you classify the "poll" as a "petition" and have numerous safe-guards to check against vote fraud then I guess you could argue that there is a chance that the wilderness could NOT come back.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif