Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

So Ginger_W, let me get this straight.

You want to poll to have these options:

Yes to both

Yes to free trade but no wilderness

No to both

Don't care.

Do you really think if that was the way it was designed, there would be a majority who wants free trade but not the wilderness or something like that?

Or do you want me to simply say "the poll is systematically biased" to make you happy. Because it really isn't, there's no point for option B, because quite frankly, the old wilderness won't hurt anyone who wants free trade. But whatever you believe in I guess...

And that's all I got to say about that.

Staurolite.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've establish the link between free trade and wilderness is only one-way, there's no vice versa at all. This is important because if it weren't for It used to be like that", which isn't really an argument so much as an appeal to sentiment, you guys wouldn't have a leg to stand on in saying Wilderness must be released with Free Trade.

You are overthinking this. How well do you think the runescape community would take it, if free trade came back but no wildy? They said they were returning it because of how many people wished it came back, that solution wouldn't solve their problem.

And "the way it used to be" is reffering to the fact they were both core game mechanics that were only changed because they had to be. At this point in time jagex sees there no reason to have the restrictions. There is no reason not to return to the way the game should be (should be according to jagex, you know the people who made the game. The people who ultimately determine how things should run. Our opinions have a limited effect.)

We also used to have no Wildy ditch/wall/forcefield when free trade was around. Should we put that to the way it was too, just because "that's how it used to be".

That's not really a good comparison. People's gameplay experience relied on the old wilderness, the ditch is a minor add on.

To try and make myself clear, people asked for both of them back. So jagex wants to return both of them back.

jpegsigtest.jpg

We also used to have no Wildy ditch/wall/forcefield when free trade was around. Should we put that to the way it was too, just because "that's how it used to be".

The Wildy Ditch was added during the "Old" wild to prevent Luring. So even that is "how it used to be."

Spaz4010.png

The thing is that Jagex isn't really interested in bringing free trade back. What they want to bring back is the old wilderness.

Think about it. People manage quite well in their day-to-day activities with the GE, and free trade really won't change very much except for the rares market which affects a very small portion of the player base (ess running might be different, but Jagex probably doesn't place it very high on the importance scale).

The only part of this update that has a real effect on the majority of the player base is the wilderness update. Jagex WANTS skillers to be killed in the wilderness, they WANT treasure trails to be dangerous (You know, the way it was supposed to be?) and they WANT to (REALLY want to) remove statuettes that make numerous cash drains necessary (At least, I hope they consider the economic implications of their updates.) Free trade is just a necessary prerequisite for the old wilderness coming back.

tl;dr: Jagex has no interest in free trade coming back without the old wilderness. Whether this is the RIGHT position to take is immaterial.

Castle of Zoltar

The thing is that Jagex isn't really interested in bringing free trade back. What they want to bring back is the old wilderness.

tl;dr: Jagex has no interest in free trade coming back without the old wilderness. Whether this is the RIGHT position to take is immaterial.

Where did they say this?

The Wildy Ditch was added during the "Old" wild to prevent Luring. So even that is "how it used to be."

Arguments like this is silly. "How it used to be" or "How it is" doesn't automatically mean "How it ought to be"

I personally feel the Wilderness ditch should be removable if the player who registered reached the age of 16 (Age is required to even make an account now, I think). But it's always been an imperfect system.

Where did they say this?

They didn't, it's just what I think.

If you had read the rest of my post (justification for my thoughts), you'd know that.

Castle of Zoltar

Where did they say this?

If you had read the rest of my post (justification for my thoughts), you'd know that.

You provided a low quality TL;DR, your fault not his brah.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Where did they say this?

You provided a low quality TL;DR, your fault not his brah.

meh, seems I did;;

Sorry about that

Castle of Zoltar

We are in the process of dealing with the Referendum vote and I know it mentions that it will close 12pm GMT currently. However this work is taking slightly longer than expected.

In the mean time if you've not voted you can probably sneak one in!

Thank you for your patience,

Mod Nexus.

We are in the process of dealing with the Referendum vote and I know it mentions that it will close 12pm GMT currently. However this work is taking slightly longer than expected.

In the mean time if you've not voted you can probably sneak one in!

Thank you for your patience,

Mod Nexus.

I wonder what they mean by 'dealing with'...

Should be a simple matter to just remove the poll from the site before analyzing the results;;

Unless they're planning on removing it at the same time as a game update or something... (Could be just that they really want 1.2 million yes votes lol :thumbsup: )

Castle of Zoltar

Should be a simple matter to just remove the poll from the site before analyzing the results;;

Unless they're planning on removing it at the same time as a game update or something... (Could be just that they really want 1.2 million yes votes lol :thumbsup: )

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Pwease rewease it today Jagex :(

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

GuidesForScapers.png

Do you really think Jagex would release such a big update with like a month of preperation? I lol'd.

[404] Signature not found.

Do you really think Jagex would release such a big update with like a month of preperation? I lol'd.

Considering that most people could have told you the outcome of the poll last year, coupled with the fact that they first had a poll designed to have "Yes" win, and the fact that MMG had discussed this on his cc more than a month ago (at least I think it was more than a month, I'm not sure but the point still stands.), AND the incredibly provocative manner in w.hich players were told to bring their friends back I'd say Jagex has been working on this for months.

Castle of Zoltar

Considering that most people could have told you the outcome of the poll last year, coupled with the fact that they first had a poll designed to have "Yes" win, and the fact that MMG had discussed this on his cc more than a month ago (at least I think it was more than a month, I'm not sure but the point still stands.), AND the incredibly provocative manner in w.hich players were told to bring their friends back I'd say Jagex has been working on this for months.

If you consider the answers given by Mod Mark in his cc they are still in the planning stage. He also said they were considering it for a month because of new anti bot detections. Also considering revamping the whole wildy, quests, items and even mechanics the update must be very big. And if you know how long their big updates take (dungeoneering over a year) or even small updates (quests take a few months) everything leads to no release in near future.

I lol'd at he fact do you think Jagex has not been working on this for the last 6-7 months. Trust me they have been working bugs for a while. Do not believe every thing you read.

Including this. =]

Opthsis.png

The fact that you instantly dismissed the possibility and that you laughed at me for hoping for something instantly makes your point invalid. Have a good day, sir.

GuidesForScapers.png

The fact that you instantly dismissed the possibility and that you laughed at me for hoping for something instantly makes your point invalid. Have a good day, sir.

I didn't dismissed the possiblity. I only questioned it. And I didn't laugh at you but at what you said. Nice logic, though.

I lol'd at he fact do you think Jagex has not been working on this for the last 6-7 months. Trust me they have been working bugs for a while. Do not believe every thing you read.

Including this. =]

Seems like false hope for me. If I shouldn't believe what I read this whole discussion seems pointless.

I didn't dismissed the possiblity. I only questioned it. And I didn't laugh at you but at what you said. Nice logic, though.

Meh, he's trolling for fun lol

Including this. =]

Seems like false hope for me. If I shouldn't believe what I read this whole discussion seems pointless.

MMG said that the update could be released in just a few days. I don't remember where though;; You'd be able to find it somewhere way back on this or some other related thread.

Castle of Zoltar

It's not like they would say after the poll, "alright you guys voted so we're gonna get to work on wildy now". Pretty obvious the poll is just their way of announcing it and trying to get as much hype going as possible, and that they've been working on it for a while.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun