Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

yeah it would be funny to jagex too, they would only enrage 91% of their player base

No they wouldn't. I think it's safe to say most voters participated on multiple accounts.

91% of account, not player base.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And some people who voted yes, like me, really don't care which way Jagex chooses to go. I would like free trade and PKing back, but I would be fine if they didn't see fit. Would be a jolly good laugh.

yeah it would be funny to jagex too, they would only enrage 91% of their player base

No they wouldn't. I think it's safe to say most voters participated on multiple accounts.

91% of account, not player base.

people who vote no or don't care participated on multiple accounts too, what's your point?

Has there been a discussion concerning extreme potions in PVP?

What's the verdict? make them tradeable? make them unusable above the wilderness glitch? make them usable anywhere, dangerous PVP included? How will the pkers that quit in 2008 be able to compete with today's pkers unless they buy their accounts/lvls or bots their account? Meh looks like I answered my own question...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

How will the pkers that quit in 2008 be able to compete with today's pkers unless they buy their accounts/lvls or bots their account?

ya know... by playing runescape and training their skills?

People still do that??? :shock:

But seriously... what's the coomunity's verdict on extreme potions in free trade PVP?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

what's the coomunity's verdict on extreme potions in free trade PVP?

no

basically an extreme potion effect would be reduced to a super effect when you cross the ditch?

langerkiller.png

what's the coomunity's verdict on extreme potions in free trade PVP?

no

Personally, I disagree. I feel they should be allowed, but I completely understand why people would want to ban them. I don't PK at all, so honestly it's fine to me either way.

Yes, it's true that Herblore isn't a combat skill and thus you have no way of immediately telling whether or not a player has extremes/ovls or not. But...who cares? Does that give them some sort of advantage?

Can't you use the same cloak yourself? There's only as much stopping you as there was stopping your opponent, and if you don't care enough to go that extra mile to get the competitive edge, then you will have to pay the price when you fight someone who does. Seems like common sense to me. I can find no reason to ban them for this reason: everyone has the ability to use them to some extent, because everyone has the ability to train herblore.

(Except f2p'ers obviously, but I think we can assume all potions except normal strength pots are banned in f2p.)

I want extreme potions in PVP. I payed a lot of money for them, I want to be able to wear noob gear, lure some helpless pker out to get me, and then laugh over their death pile cause I can boost my stats far past what they can.

@ zaaps

They fixed overloads in f2p? I haven't checked since someone found that.

pere_grin.png

Personally, I disagree. I feel they should be allowed, but I completely understand why people would want to ban them. I don't PK at all, so honestly it's fine to me either way.

Yes, it's true that Herblore isn't a combat skill and thus you have no way of immediately telling whether or not a player has extremes/ovls or not. But...who cares? Does that give them some sort of advantage?

Can't you use the same cloak yourself? There's only as much stopping you as there was stopping your opponent, and if you don't care enough to go that extra mile to get the competitive edge, then you will have to pay the price when you fight someone who does. Seems like common sense to me. I can find no reason to ban them for this reason: everyone has the ability to use them to some extent, because everyone has the ability to train herblore.

(Except f2p'ers obviously, but I think we can assume all potions except normal strength pots are banned in f2p.)

They are too op, which is why they were removed from pvp in the first place. The armour/soaking that was added since then is nowhere near adequate

They are too op, which is why they were removed from pvp in the first place. The armour/soaking that was added since then is nowhere near adequate

Then imo that's an issue with the damage soaking, since it is not doing its job properly. It would be so much easier to just make damage soaking better than to make extreme boosts disappear when you cross the wildy wall or something complicated like that.

@Pere: I wasn't referring to that, but I'm pretty sure they fixed that. I seem to remember someone telling me so.

basically an extreme potion effect would be reduced to a super effect when you cross the ditch?

That would make them fairly pointless, just like they are now. :blink:

I think if they want to add the old wilderness, they shouldn't mix it with Bounty Hunter rules and guidelines.

People voted for "The Old Wilderness" not Bounty Hunter, after all.

That would be one of the dumbest things they could do. :blink:

I think if they want to add the old wilderness, they shouldn't mix it with Bounty Hunter rules and guidelines.

People voted for "The Old Wilderness" not Bounty Hunter, after all.

This is how I feel.

Both Turmoil and Chaotic both make a huge difference in combat, and yet for a while prayer did nothing beyond level 70. They didn't ban the new prayers from BH just because they were very good and only a select few would have had them. And dungoneering levels are not reflected in combat level, even though most of the worthwhile items to buy with tokens are for combat.

Why should better potions not be allowed? People are making Zerker Turmoil pures easily, and 89-90 herblore costs about the same as 95 prayer. And now with free trade, you will be able to make money on your main account, and just buy all the stuff for your alt Pker account.

pere_grin.png

The difference is that Prayer is actually a combat skill, so raising it should give you an advantage in combat.

Allowing extremes essentially makes Herblore into a combat skill, but that's not the biggest problem. By allowing them, you effectively make 96 herblore mandatory to compete in any level of PVP. For many skills, raising herblore has a bigger effect on your ability in that skill than raising that skill itself, and that's absurd.

I don't mind integrating combat and non-combat, but it goes too far when very high non-combat skills become effectively necessary for combat (no, 53 thieving does not qualify, and you're deluded if you think that's even close to a good comparison to 96 herbore). If the game is going that way, we might as well make combat level calculated based on a coefficient of skill level total.

The difference is that Prayer is actually a combat skill, so raising it should give you an advantage in combat.

Allowing extremes essentially makes Herblore into a combat skill, but that's not the biggest problem. By allowing them, you effectively make 96 herblore mandatory to compete in any level of PVP. For many skills, raising herblore has a bigger effect on your ability in that skill than raising that skill itself, and that's absurd.

I don't mind integrating combat and non-combat, but it goes too far when very high non-combat skills become effectively necessary for combat (no, 53 thieving does not qualify, and you're deluded if you think that's even close to a good comparison to 96 herbore). If the game is going that way, we might as well make combat level calculated based on a coefficient of skill level total.

Problem is, you could make that same argument for chaotics and arcane streams.

I think that the bolded part should be taken seriously.

Castle of Zoltar

The difference between chaotics and overloads for me is that an overload may only cost 30-40k once you have the level and if you die with it, its no huge loss.

However if you die with a chaotic, and lose it, thats 200k tokens down the drain, which is a huge difference compared to the 5mins it takes to earn 30-40k.

The difference between chaotics and overloads for me is that an overload may only cost 30-40k once you have the level and if you die with it, its no huge loss.

However if you die with a chaotic, and lose it, thats 200k tokens down the drain, which is a huge difference compared to the 5mins it takes to earn 30-40k.

Most of the time you keep it though.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

But that's not the point of the whole argument against overloads. The problem is that herblore doesn't add to your combat level, and neither does dungeoneering, but chaotics are allowed and overloads aren't.

Also, to your argument, if they implement a system like the 'old wildy' you would probably be able to get your chaotic back from your death pile.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Not the best example but it should be comparable to overloads/extremes - Korasi's Sword. I am fairly sure that there are a lot of single attack zones in the wilderness where korasi's sword will shine. It can be replaced by only 200k (The same principle as a potion which costs 30-40k). And I doubt they are going to ban it in wildy.

How will the pkers that quit in 2008 be able to compete with today's pkers unless they buy their accounts/lvls or bots their account? \

Well the big pkers and stakers will go back to what they've always done. Buying their accounts/gold and botting.

Shazam!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Usually, you would pk so that you would keep your chaotic weapon when you pk, wouldn't you? Even though you could be smited.

But there's one dungeoneering reward that is very much permanent, and helps pking: Rigour. You can use it as much as you want, and it definetively gives you an advantage that isn't shown in your combat levels.

I'm a retired person, and I never pk'd much back when I played. But as I see it, the problem isn't as much that combat levels are bad at accurately reflect one's combat ability, but rather that they very too powerful, by raising max hit to teh point where it's possible to one-hit someone.

(correct me if I'm wrong, I just wonder what people think about this)

Scherzo.png

But that's not the point of the whole argument against overloads. The problem is that herblore doesn't add to your combat level, and neither does dungeoneering, but chaotics are allowed and overloads aren't.

Also, to your argument, if they implement a system like the 'old wildy' you would probably be able to get your chaotic back from your death pile.

Chaotic weapons add to your combat level through the Attack/Ranged/Magic levels required to use them.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Let's say they ban them from wildy... how to implement that? Impossible to cross ditch (or any other ways to enter the wild) with them in your invent or stats boosted?

Could they also ban mobilising armies rings? They offer invisible combat boost also.

langerkiller.png