Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

I wonder what they mean by 'dealing with'...

Should be a simple matter to just remove the poll from the site before analyzing the results;;

Unless they're planning on removing it at the same time as a game update or something... (Could be just that they really want 1.2 million yes votes lol :thumbsup: )

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Pwease rewease it today Jagex :(

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

I second this. Or next wouldn't be too bad, as I'll be done all my exams by then :shades:

Staurolite.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, confirmed not to be released today.

Not in a couple of days either.

Proof?

EDIT:While the percentage of votes speak for themselves, it’s important that we seriously consider all of your feedback and comments. So, we’ll be sitting down this weekend to consider the next steps and will be making an official announcement with more details on Monday 17th January.

recci-518.png

lol it said they will "give thought on what to do next". AKA: we reserve the right to choose NOT to implement the update youve all unanimously voted on.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

but...... ruinedscape is fine

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

09 prod

been playing since 05 or 6 so naw im not

haters gonna hate

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

09 prod

been playing since 05 or 6 so naw im not

haters gonna hate

You don't support free trade and wilderness therefore you have never had free trade or old wilderness. Win logic...

I think everything's fine at the moment as well, but I gave up trying to go against it. I've toggled my mind to be ready for scammers, larger population of bots and the return of "we pay 2 pk" people that left with the old wilderness. :P

I'm pushing 9 years 10 months of playing RuneScape, and I'm honestly fine with both our current system, as well as the system with free trade and old wild. I would prefer how it was, but I'm not going to quit, or even lose sleep for that matter, if they decide against the masses and keep the current system. We sure have some childish drama queens running wild around me OMFG I WILL QUIT IF IT DOESN'T COME BACK.

Hey - if it doesn't come back, it'll be the same game we were playing a month ago, back when no one even knew such a poll was going to happen CEPT FOR ME AND NO ONE BELIEVED ME (trololol).

If it doesn't happen we're no worse off.

Any predictions how the item lending will be affected by this? I mean things like claws going for 1m per day won't surely last because now you won't be gaining anything (junk) in return? :unsure:

Sephy.png

Any predictions how the item lending will be affected by this? I mean things like claws going for 1m per day won't surely last because now you won't be gaining anything (junk) in return? :unsure:

No they probably won't go for 1m a day anymore, but on the flipside now you can lend your stuff out for cash even if you don't have junk. I think there will be a lot more item lending after free trade comes back.

In all of my years playing this game, I still never got my head around junk. Are they worthless to players or not?

Anyway, if a 24 hour lend of dclaws is worth 1m, than that's what they'll go for.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In all of my years playing this game, I still never got my head around junk. Are they worthless to players or not?

Anyway, if a 24 hour lend of dclaws is worth 1m, than that's what they'll go for.

Junk was never really "Junk", rather they were overpriced items. Back before the GE Adamant P++ arrows were often sold just above the price of normal Addy arrows. Due to the GE limits, the Addy P++ arrows cannot go lower than ((5 Addy arrow + Weapon Poison)/5). Since the P++ arrows were stuck at a value higher than anyone would ever *want* them at, they became "junk". Nobody wanted to buy them at that price, and nobody wanted to sell them at that price, but GE limits said they had to.

So junk items were not always "worthless", simply "overpriced". Even items like needles are worth something at the right price. Think of needles being 1 gp each in the shop, but cannot be lower than 100 gp each in the GE. That is what "junk" is, or this case was.

Now item lending will simply be GP / hr. Like you said, instead of being 100k junk per hour, its just 100k cash per hour. The only difference is more people will lend now, so lending prices will be lower due to more competition.

Junk was never really "Junk", rather they were overpriced items. Back before the GE Adamant P++ arrows were often sold just above the price of normal Addy arrows. Due to the GE limits, the Addy P++ arrows cannot go lower than ((5 Addy arrow + Weapon Poison)/5). Since the P++ arrows were stuck at a value higher than anyone would ever *want* them at, they became "junk". Nobody wanted to buy them at that price, and nobody wanted to sell them at that price, but GE limits said they had to.

So junk items were not always "worthless", simply "overpriced". Even items like needles are worth something at the right price. Think of needles being 1 gp each in the shop, but cannot be lower than 100 gp each in the GE. That is what "junk" is, or this case was.

Now item lending will simply be GP / hr. Like you said, instead of being 100k junk per hour, its just 100k cash per hour. The only difference is more people will lend now, so lending prices will be lower due to more competition.

Ah, thank you very much. Another mystery solved. :)

It doesn't really help that 'Junk' literally means 'worthless item'... but whatever, it will only be found in the history books soon.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Its the Sixteenth of June now! why haven't they released an official statement yet!?!!?

can I buy your time machine pls?

Oh sorry its tomorrow.

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

What if Jagex just completely ignored the results and it was all a dream a publicity stunt? That would just be too funny.