One aspect yet unconsidered...

IHasChicken

I'll keep it short and sweet.

Obvioulsy everyone knows about the poll, and while there are many skeptics, if this was to be implemented, we know NOTHING of the new restrictions (if there are any at all,) that Jagex will impose.

I have seen many topics on Staking/PKing/Free Trading, but all of these are conscious decisions made by an account to try and transfer wealth in some way, with a KNOWN risk factor involved. What will happen if you die outside of these controlled circumstances though?

The question is this. Will Gravestones still be kept? Will they be scrapped completely and your items will be dropped immediately on the ground for people to pick up? Or will there be some middle ground, where you can still bless/repair graves, but once they degrade, items will be available for ALL to pick up.

If, in any way, items dropped on death will be available to be picked up by other players, this will undoubtedly bring out a far uglier side of the community than we've seen in the last 3 years. Crashing will not be done because of necessesity (or for the sick sense of pleasure certain people get from overpowering someone weaker,) but now there will be material gain from such activities.

Will the newer generation of Runescape player be able to deal with this, or will our community hit an all new low?

I don't want to be cliché and say discuss, so I will end with this word.

Speculate.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered it, but my voice died between other people shouting about wildy.

I found 2 random people to talk with about this update and we thought graves will still apply, but outside wildy.

my thoughts exactly

Personally, I can't see Jagex scrapping the gravestone concept entirely, but it would have to change if they're going to implement old pking and such.

Having gravestones only appear for deaths outside the wildy would work, but perhaps tying it to whether or not you're skulled at the time?

Hrm, but then, there'd be no point to pkers randomly killing people doing clues (although abyss rc'ers and such would still drop items due to abyss skulling), so perhaps just generalizing it and making it wildy = no grave would be best.

How items react to your gravestone disappearing should be interesting, though. Should they still disappear like they do now, or appear for others to take like they did in the old days? I'll admit, it'll be amusing to see 'vultures' hanging around people about to die again (I personally remember scavenging stuff off of people dying before), but it would indeed encourage boss hunters to crash, lure and then kill the person they're crashing even more than they did before, since there'd be the incentive of getting their stuff on top of access to the spot.

The new generation would likely react terribly to the loss of the gravestone entirely, though. They know nothing of what it was like to not have it before, and they're used to always having that safety net in place.

There's a lot of ways Jagex could go with just the gravestone issue, and I have no doubt that regardless of what path they take, there's going to be a lot of [bleep]ing and moaning going on about it. Still, I personally am cautious enough that I don't die anyway (I don't boss hunt, though), so the gravestone issue probably won't apply to me so much. Nevertheless, the possibility of death is always constant with any form of combat.

Rambling again, sorry :P that's all I have to say, though. Back to slayer for me.

Link_Olaran.png

Mod Mark said they're not removing content with this update so until we hear otherwise assume gravestones are sticking around with the exception of the wilderness/corp/etc.

Seriously, how do we know anything.

This is the same company who has said repeated times that the old ways of doing things will NEVER EVER COME BACK!

How can we trust anything that ever comes out of their mouth AGAIN?

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

I would love gravestones in free trade. It will still keep away undeserved awards given to random people.

People should work for their items, not camping at Dharok's tomb and hope that some unlucky fellow will

die and drop a lot of goodies for them. Also, I would like the value below the trade interface still shown so we actually

know how much we're losing or gaining during the trade. A "delay" whenever an item is withdrawn or offered

should be implemented to keep away swifty scammers. Lastly, I would not want the teleblock back

since this was very popular for lurers to teleblock their victims. I would say, if all this (or some) were to happen,

I will have NO problem bringing back free trade. :thumbup:

Mod Mark said they're not removing content with this update so until we hear otherwise assume gravestones are sticking around with the exception of the wilderness/corp/etc.

This is the same company who has said repeated times that the old ways of doing things will NEVER EVER COME BACK!

People make mistakes and it's certainly not limited to changing their minds. :)

Not to be a troll, but seriously, how do we know anything.

How can we trust ANYTHING that EVER comes out of their mouth AGAIN?

If you look at it that way, sure. I'd agree that's a wrench in that line of thought. But if we're trusting that they are going through with this update then why wouldn't we trust the word of a jmod speaking on that same recent subject?

Dunno. If we're going just off of personal feelings then? I don't care if gravestones are around or not, so long as things are lootable one way or another. Say that a grave collapses, and you can loot it only when that occurs. If we're going to party like it's 2007 though, I don't want them around at all. They're nice, but it'd be nice to have a little risk back in the game too.

hzvjpwS.gif

Not to be a troll, but seriously, how do we know anything.

How can we trust ANYTHING that EVER comes out of their mouth AGAIN?

If you look at it that way, sure. I'd agree that's a wrench it that line of thought. But if we're trusting that they are going through with this update then why wouldn't we trust the word of a jmod speaking on that same subject?

Dunno. If we're going just off of personal feelings then? I don't care if gravestones are around or not, so long as things are lootable one way or another. Say that a grave collapses, and you can loot it only when that occurs. If we're going to party like it's 2007 though, I don't want them around at all. They're nice, but it'd be nice to have a little risk back in the game too.

I'll give my personal opinion.

Having being around both in the past and the present, I can say that I am the cockroach of this game.

I don't care what the conditions are, I will adapt and change to meet them.

But, personally...I am so confident in myself and I always play to lose. I always go to a bosshunting trip fully expecting to lose all of my stuff, and that is why I never bosshunt unless I KNOW I can afford to lose it.

Having that safeguard there has never saved me. I'm not one to plead for blesses or place alt accounts to do the same.

So, for me, I'd lose nothing if graves went away, as I am all but uncrashable (maxed combat, overloads, turmoil,) and I am experienced enough to know what to do if there are multiple people in the boss room (especially at DK's,)

I could potentially gain some "dirty money" from anti-crashing, or crashing myself (I only crash at DK's, and I give fair warning that I WILL lure Prime on anyone who doesn't know how to deal with him, and I only crash in certain cases (e.g. someone solo maging in a low pop world where I want to tribrid,) but I really don't think I'll "go rogue" and become a hardcore crasher just because of material gain, because it takes all of the fun out of the game.

So I don't care which way it goes, as long as the update is done RIGHT. No half-baked update that just ends up creating more problems than it solves.

dungensweapers.png

Edit: looks kinda lame but I didn't notice I'm writing in a quote I can't fix this on from my iPod in an easy way -.-

The followng was not oriinally said by me, but iread sth similar on rs official:

The jagex team changes throughout years and now they have snother lesder or whatever. The statement it will never colę back wasnt said by the firrent team.

Its like your a president of the USA, you say we will never attavk russia. Then the president changes and attacks russia.

So I don't care which way it goes, as long as the update is done RIGHT. No half-baked update that just ends up creating more problems than it solves.

Bingo. If they don't do this right, it's gonna create even more problems than existed before December 07 and spell the death of RS as far as I'm concerned.

Bingo. If they don't do this right, it's gonna create even more problems than existed before December 07 and spell the death of RS as far as I'm concerned.

Most people say that every update after 12/07 spelt the death of RS.

I think from day 1 there has always been a community of players who have found something to rant about on Runescape and I'm sure we can agree

on that, It's the same with any game. Since they took the old wilderness and free trading out there has been continuous efforts to restore such order and people always thought Jagex did not listen to the

player community but then again we have to look how far we have come since 2001. Personally I think Jagex is at a High right now with there financial positions and I think there trying to combat the bot problems on the game and they must have something prepared if the update is to take place. Im sure of it. This could be make or break.

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

They made it so other people could not see your drops from monster-caused deaths a good while before they ended free trade didn't they? Bit fuzzy on that...but I don't see why they would also undo that change.

I'd assume that the grave mechanic would remain as is, there are no graves in pvp currently right?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Yes there will be people camping outside corp beast. Yes pkers will attack green dragon hunters again, people doing wilderness quests, clue scrollers, people killing chaos element and KBD, agility trainers and etc. But who cares this is how the wilderness was MEANT to be. I really hate seeing post-trade update products voicing their misguided opinions.

You know .. not everyone who doesn't want to experience this [cabbage] again is a "post-trade update product"

Yes there will be people camping outside corp beast. Yes pkers will attack green dragon hunters again, people doing wilderness quests, clue scrollers, people killing chaos element and KBD, agility trainers and etc. But who cares this is how the wilderness was MEANT to be. I really hate seeing post-trade update products voicing their misguided opinions.

You know .. not everyone who doesn't want to experience this [cabbage] again is a "post-trade update product"

There are so many interesting forms of descrimination in runescape.

I seriously doubt that the Corp entrance will be left as is though, that update was not created with human pkers in mind.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Corp aside, it really does make you a post-trade update product. This complacence with the lack of danger in the wilderness should never have existed in the first place

Srsly how can I be post-something if I've played long before that something .. long long pretty much 3 years (I registered at tip it 2 years after I started with my 1st account). I simply dislike that part of the game.

As I said in the other thread I may not like it but since so many people are going to be pretty much on meth if this happens - I have nothing against it, I even support it (despite the fact I don't like it ... strange huh). But the fact that I don't like it doesn't make me a post-trade updates w/e.

Someone can still be a PC product if they had lvl 90 att/str/def before Pest Control came out, lol.

Logic fallacy. In your example the person has to be maxed BEFORE Pest Control came out.

The problem with the wildy was not the wildy itself it was the people in it. When I went to the wildy for a clue (or to mine when I was f2p) I was prepared to lose all my items in a whim. But the attitude of the pkers was just horrible.

> Ha ha ha you noob you can't even touch me (huh I'm running from you equipped with a pickaxe and being 10-20 levels below you)

> [bleep] you noob don't pray! (If I'm prepared to lose my items you have to be prepared to .. you know .. fight for them)

Few times:

> Haha noob equipment (He dies few seconds after that). NOOB! (yet he lost o.O)

and etc etc. At least the reverants don't talk when they try to kill you.

In this sense you are a product of complacency with the trade and pvp updates. If they never happened you would accept it as something part of the game, but since its been gone and gone for a while you have grown to enjoy the lack of danger in the wilderness. In that sense you absolutely are a post-trade update product.

I suppose I edited my post after you started writing yours. The problem with the wilderness IS NOT THE DANGER, it's the mother [bleep]ing attitude. I have 100m in my back (cash, I don't count the items and supplies). It's not much but it can cover few wilderness trips =/. For some reason you think that everyone who hates the wilderness hates it because it was dangerous :blink: .

Most people say that every update after 12/07 spelt the death of RS.

They'd also be, without question, wrong. We got through 3 entire years, didn't we?

I have to admit, there's a lot of work to be done. If the Wilderness is no longer going to be what has amounted to a human colony, a lot of the buildings and structures like Clan Wars needs to be removed. Even better if they leave the buildings there, but they're accessible, completely smashed to pieces and 'in the Wilderness'. Say that a new wave of the taint on the Wilderness has struck, destroying nearly every enchantment holding the taint back, and a huge wave of revenants came in to finish off the defenceless warriors. Or maybe tie it in with the Stealing Creation plot.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Corp aside, it really does make you a post-trade update product. This complacence with the lack of danger in the wilderness should never have existed in the first place

To be honest, I wonder if YOU were around before free trade and old wildy were removed. Let me make one thing clear, I really couldn't give two [cabbage]s whether they are both put back or not. I enjoyed old pking and am more concerned with the grand exchange becoming obsolete over anything else. Before you accuse me of being a post removal product, spare it. People who say standing around in world 2 giving themselves carpel tunnel syndrome by spamming the same message a million times was not fun or productive. In my eyes, anyone who fondly remembers that needs to take off those rose tinted glasses.

Anyway, to the case in point, in the three years that the old wildy has been absent these major updates have been implemented into the wilderness:

- Spirit of Summer/Summers End - Corporeal Beast

- All Fired Up - Beacon lighting - Inferno Adze

- The Temple at Senntisten

- Clan Wars/Wilderness Volcano

- Stealing Creation

- Chaos Tunnels

Now, what everyone needs to remember is, these updates, the quests especially were introduced into a game where pkers didn't exist. Being constantly killed whilst trying to do a quest in a game like Runescape would be utterly stupid and short-sighted on Jagex's part. Not to mention the fact that people ARE going to complain that a massive inbalance has happened in relation to how unfair it is that people were able to do all these things whilst pking didn't exist and that anyone that tried to do so with old wildy back would be at an unfair disadvantage.

The wilderness and the game as a whole has changed drastically since the old wildy was taken away, if people are products of updates as you so suggest, then it is just as easily feasible that you are the sorry victim of nostalgia.

Sylpheed.png

Anyway, to the case in point, in the three years that the old wildy has been absent these major updates have been implemented into the wilderness:

- Spirit of Summer/Summers End - Corporeal Beast

- All Fired Up - Beacon lighting - Inferno Adze

- The Temple at Senntisten

- Clan Wars/Wilderness Volcano

- Stealing Creation

- Chaos Tunnels

Also don't forget:

- Penguin Hunting

- Fist of Guthix

- Dungeons of Deamonheim (It's entrance is connected to the wilderness).

Corp I'm ok with people being able to PK you on the way to the lair. Corp is supposed to be a hard boss, and introducing an additional danger attribute that might have you lose items more often is fine with me. People used to do KBD in the upper wilderness, so I don't think corp will be all that much different, especially since its lower in the wilderness than KBD was.

I don't think things are going to change that drastically though. I get the feeling that BH +1 worlds, and PvP worlds will still be around the way they are, just with added full drops. So aside from the 7-10 worlds that are marked for PvP, nothing else is pvp. I wish they would take the time to convert the worlds so that pvp is in the wilderness in all the worlds, but I just don't see that happening.

From what MMG has said graves will stay outside of wildy, and as you said will likely "drop" from the grave after it degrades.

I hope it isn't like this though. Because if it is, nobody will bless your grave, hoping that it will degrade before you get there so they can steal your stuff. I could see this happening even on GWD teams, especially PuG's of course.