Why death dot during the last form?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this was posted on the maxed forums, I can't confirm how good the method is.

[spoiler=RSOF]13_4361.png

Seems to be more for bigger and more unexperienced teams though.

pendulumsig.png

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Nex seems to have some kind of stat restoration over time. Last night we tried using SWH on her most dangerous forms and it barely worked.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Nex is a girl, just gets her h0rny :$

last time when i went there i was naked, it worked perfect..

but after she is done. she sent me back to where i respawn.. woohoo!

next time i tease her with clothes on.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Nex is a girl, just gets her h0rny :$

last time when i went there i was naked, it worked perfect..

but after she is done. she sent me back to where i respawn.. woohoo!

next time i tease her with clothes on.

So what you are saying is...gradually taking your armor off and always wielding a CLS is the best strategy? I bet that's what the first person to solo her will do.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Nex does consistent damage no matter if you try to run or hide. Her attacks rarely miss no matter how much defense you're packing, and the only way to avoid her multiple target attack is to run out of her range entirely. However, there's no cue for it, and there's no way to out-range her. And she may still decide to teleport to you. Because she soul splits for a set amount of time, in a pattern with the other prayers, it's better to think of it as constant regeneration. Every 30 seconds, you can expect Nex to heal a certain amount (this amount increases based on the amount of people in the room).

Basically, ask yourself this - is spreading out going to benefit our team? During the Smoke and Shadow phases, the answer is a BIG yes. It's going to minimize prayer loss to the lingering smoke clouds, it's going to make it easier to avoid the shadows, and it's going to minimize damage from the dark aura. It also avoids damage from her charge attack if you don't stand in the middle. By spreading out you conserve a significant amount of prayer and health. However, during the final phase, the answer is a pretty clear no - spreading out means she'll run and teleport around.

Miss clicking while chasing on her is a delay.

Pausing for a moment to find out where she just went is a delay.

Having to chase her across the room is a delay.

Because she essentially regenerations, delays heal her.

In contrast, you don't benefit at all from spreading out. You'll still all take AoE damage if you're attacking her, because she has huge range. You'll still take melee damage since she outruns you and can teleport to you. The lingering smoke should be long gone by now.

Nex does consistent damage no matter if you try to run or hide. Her attacks rarely miss no matter how much defense you're packing, and the only way to avoid her multiple target attack is to run out of her range entirely. However, there's no cue for it, and there's no way to out-range her. And she may still decide to teleport to you. Because she soul splits for a set amount of time, in a pattern with the other prayers, it's better to think of it as constant regeneration. Every 30 seconds, you can expect Nex to heal a certain amount (this amount increases based on the amount of people in the room).

Basically, ask yourself this - is spreading out going to benefit our team? During the Smoke and Shadow phases, the answer is a BIG yes. It's going to minimize prayer loss to the lingering smoke clouds, it's going to make it easier to avoid the shadows, and it's going to minimize damage from the dark aura. It also avoids damage from her charge attack if you don't stand in the middle. By spreading out you conserve a significant amount of prayer and health. However, during the final phase, the answer is a pretty clear no - spreading out means she'll run and teleport around.

In contrast, you don't benefit at all from spreading out. You'll still all take AoE damage if you're attacking her, because she has huge range. You'll still take melee damage since she outruns you and can teleport to you. The lingering smoke should be long gone by now.

Isn't the AoE aimed at someone?

Also with a dd it's harder to watch your health & see if you are actually under attack.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Isn't the AoE aimed at someone?

Also with a dd it's harder to watch your health & see if you are actually under attack.

You should be watching your health bulb in the top right corner. Even during the battle it's hard to see if you're under attack because there's so many health bars going around anyways. The AoE might be aimed at someone, but it doesn't matter how close you are to the target - you can be on the complete other side of Nex and 5 paces away and still be hit. She simply attacks everyone in her attack range, which is longer than your range can be.

It's the same kind of glitch Commander Zilyana had, so it's going to be fixed soon.

And even though it's a glitch, look how much food they still used.

And also the time it too, the trip took around 1 hour.

Just because they've got the hang of it does not mean you can't. Now if they really duoed Nex without that bug, i would be very impressived. But they didn't, so nothing to be impressed about.

Afterall, i know that many of us others can manage to do same thing as them with the bug. Also i know Commander Zilyana had this same thing. :thumbup:

thats impressive!

How is it impressive? They are exploting a glitch. I say it's a glitch because if this is how Nex is intended to be killed, then she's easier than Corporeal beast.

Yeah, WAY easier than corp. Because a corp duo takes an hour of concentrated clicking and an entire inventory and yak full of brews, plus a huge risk, just for one kill. :roll:

That video, glitch abuse or not, was damn impressive.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yeah, WAY easier than corp. Because a corp duo takes an hour of concentrated clicking and an entire inventory and yak full of brews, plus a huge risk, just for one kill. :roll:

After watching video, i admit it's impressive.

thats impressive!

How is it impressive? They are exploting a glitch. I say it's a glitch because if this is how Nex is intended to be killed, then she's easier than Corporeal beast.

I'm sorry, but i honestly can't see anything impressive about bug abuse. Apart from that, it's not as if they were that good at it or needed much skill to do it- the only thing they really needed to do is survive the shadow part, and having achieved that, they just had to sit around and wait- anyone with half a brain can do that. If you know even a bit about Nex strategy(and we have seen loads on this thread), not getting KO-d really isn't that hard(and they only had to survive one of the five stages).

I'm sorry, but i honestly can't see anything impressive about bug abuse. Apart from that, it's not as if they were that good at it or needed much skill to do it- the only thing they really needed to do is survive the shadow part, and having achieved that, they just had to sit around and wait- anyone with half a brain can do that. If you know even a bit about Nex strategy(and we have seen loads on this thread), not getting KO-d really isn't that hard(and they only had to survive one of the five stages).

I thought the same too at first, but watching video, i have to say that they did quite alot of work. So it's impressive. And it took 1 hour to kill the beast, so reps for not giving up.

But if Nex wasn't trapped in the way they did, they would get their asses whooooped.

I thought the same too at first, but watching video, i have to say that they did quite alot of work. So it's impressive. And it took 1 hour to kill the beast, so reps for not giving up.

But if Nex wasn't trapped in the way they did, they would get their asses whooooped.

The major reason i think it wasn't that impressive is that i think a legit duo might be possible, but they got completely whopped in just one phase. And well, the fact that it took nearly an hour to kill is just funny, as a good 4 man team could probably be much more effective(10 minute kills of 2(3) per trip).

The major reason i think it wasn't that impressive is that i think a legit duo might be possible, but they got completely whopped in just one phase. And well, the fact that it took nearly an hour to kill is just funny, as a good 4 man team could probably be much more effective(10 minute kills of 2(3) per trip).

But the more time you use to kill something, the more sluggish your focus becomes (Unless your a super human being who can stay sharp 24-7). If that wasn't the case, people would not need to sleep.

The 4 man team must stay focused for 10mins and are more in number, while 2 man must stay sharp for a hour, and they are alot less.

I don't think the idea was to do kills in the most efficient way possible.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Each Nex inventory currently costs anywhere from 500 - 900k a trip, depending on ammo and not counting degrades of any kind. Seems like average drop value is around 300k for common drops.

I could see 4 man teams getting 4 - 5 kills per trip once people start getting their hands on Full Pernix. I believe it's confirmed brews / unicorns DO heal more with boosted LP? If so, a Brew would heal about 210 per dose.